The official FABO machinist/member collaboration, busted 340 thread

-
DROOLLLL:p
Nice work, sounds awesome, nice idle. Bet the owner is excited. Hope when he gets it in his car and running he'll post up a video here. So you've been building engines for a while, what's your guess the numbers could be? Not that it really matters, it's a rockin' engine, just wondering your thoughts?

DROOLLLL:p
Nice work, sounds awesome, nice idle. Bet the owner is excited. Hope when he gets it in his car and running he'll post up a video here. So you've been building engines for a while, what's your guess the numbers could be? Not that it really matters, it's a rockin' engine, just wondering your thoughts?
It's a very mild, conservative build, but I would imagine it will probably make 310-320 at the flywheel.

thumbnail.jpg

Here's the car the engine will be going in. (Ha, back in) Dyno would be cool, but this is my 3rd go around with a 340. These little A body cars are so light, that I have found anything around 300 HP is plenty for me. In my early 50's now, and now seem to be more focused on reliability, an just enjoying the cruise. Can't wait to get her back running again, Thanks to replicarracer43 and all the others who helped with this engine rebuild, rebuild. Looks and sounds great!

I bought a 69 dart this 340 was in. Several years ago. I took it apart. Took the block and crank with the heads to machine shop. The bore was good. Just had it honed. The pistons looked new. The crankshaft was turned 10 under rods and Mains.new cam and lifters. New oil pump. Rebuilt kit. Heads all new. New water pump. New distributor gear. This is a very nice clean 340 . No striped bolts. The oil pan is very no dents. The engine stock compression 10.5. Stock cam .

Attachments​

• 1378443-5cc27c75d0d3dbf497cfde885700069e.jpg

35FBC5CF-6630-4BED-9430-79E4E950F203.jpeg
    86 KB · Views: 6
  • 1378444-b5a783053a2e5129ea1d815fd6272e2e.jpg

BFD58F98-686B-446A-8624-769FE5F5425E.jpeg
    82.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 1378455-46235f472010580598fc1569680774f9.jpg

CAF5A6B9-E0F9-4E66-9C5A-039DCD008C71.jpeg
    122.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 1378456-b67af501ea6675090e3459d6b2f839d3.jpg

4F6A60F1-6ACC-44A2-A3C7-9CF75FD14712.jpeg
    126.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 1378457-a5107c52ce2fb13778f6dea0c25aa1e1.jpg

40C927DA-00A2-4AED-8FBF-793E72AC7EC9.jpeg
    74.2 KB · Views: 6
Quote Reply
https://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/conversations/messages/806613/react?reaction_id=1
thumbnail.jpg

Agreed, I tried a couple times but keeps telling me oops! something not correct, for feedback. I have sent him this thread. I was shocked to, thought it was something I did. But if you read this thread about the tear down, it was crap!

Confusedcuda, I hear you on reliability over power. A little more than stock is good enough for the A body. I'm 63, so I can relate to driving versus working on something all the time. Can't wait to hear and see it run in your Cuda.

For all those that asked previously, the member who sold this "fresh rebuilt" turd is shown in post #231. I DO find it interesting that he has been notified, is aware of the thread, and has offered ZERO explanation so far....bum deal for sure.

Well the guy's got a good engine now and that's a good thing.

Caveat Emptor! On craigslist I can See, but here, come on... Sorry I was a little to trustworthy and didn't check the thousands of an inch on the crank, the decking, the valve seals, on and on...Caveat Emptor for those of you wondering, means the buyer is responsible for the quality of the goods. Posted by a website moderator, I can expected a little more from the website I have been on for 16 years and never got hosed.

Caveat Emptor! On craigslist I can See, but here, come on... Sorry I was a little to trustworthy and didn't check the thousands of an inch on the crank, the decking, the valve seals, on and on...Caveat Emptor for those of you wondering, means the buyer is responsible for the quality of the goods. Posted by a website moderator, I can expected a little more from the website I have been on for 16 years and never got hosed.
You need to look a little further.
The phrase “caveat emptor” is Latin for “let the buyer beware. It was a warning to other members to be cautious buying from this particular seller.

On the one hand is a seller that didn't sell what was represented. On the other hand is a member going above and beyond anything I've ever heard of. You cant fix everything but

replicaracer43 is the best.​

I think it’s bull$hit the seller of this engine hasn’t reached out or said a word. Some of us knew who it was when this thread was started, we seen this member posting on the site, you can also see when they were last on the site and what they were viewing and still nothing....that right there speaks volume of his shady dealings.

I was curious as heck, but didnt want to ask and figured the Replicar or Confused would post when time is right. Like I said I've heard about an "Mcode" chop shop.
I think it’s bull$hit the seller of this engine hasn’t reached out or said a word. Some of us knew who it was when this thread was started, we seen this member posting on the site, you can also see when they were last on the site and what they were viewing and still nothing....that right there speaks volume of his shady dealings.

-
Back