The old 10w30 vs 20w50

-
That's part of it. You can't just buy Torco and go. You have to order. Not everyone heeds the most expensive oil Torco produces. They make oils that are comparable in price to any other mineral based oil out there.

The fact is, there isn't one right oil. That's why some companies (like Torco) produce APLLICATION SPECIFIC oils.

I run it because of the THOUSANDS of dollars worth of testing either I directly participated in, or was paid to observe.

I can also tell you form running engines with 380-400 pounds of spring pressure ON THE SEAT and well over 1000 pounds OVER THE NOSE, you can see inferior oils costing valve spring life, pushrod wear and ring seal. You can change oil all you want, and it won't fix those issues.

Like I had said before, it's not designed, developed, produced and marketed for.
I gotta throw in here: we raced a hemi for 14 yrs, we used what ever brand we could get furnished(very small sponsorship) quacker state-Valvoline-Sunoco. long as you have the appropriate weight for your engine, the right oil pressure and clearances, I don` think it`s worth arguing about. and, as some of you may know most of the refined crude oils come out of the closest refinery to you anyway. they just blend in a different brands additives. one of my uncles used to work in a Sunoco oil blending unit, they did everyones oil(at that time) except phillips 66. now it even comes out of there.

I gotta throw in here: we raced a hemi for 14 yrs, we used what ever brand we could get furnished(very small sponsorship) quacker state-Valvoline-Sunoco. long as you have the appropriate weight for your engine, the right oil pressure and clearances, I don` think it`s worth arguing about. and, as some of you may know most of the refined crude oils come out of the closest refinery to you anyway. they just blend in a different brands additives. one of my uncles used to work in a Sunoco oil blending unit, they did everyones oil(at that time) except phillips 66. now it even comes out of there.

So you are saying you never tested anything, you just used what someone was willing to GIVE you?

IDK, but I been around a LONG time and I can tell you, people don't give away anything good.

If you didn't spend th time to test, you have no idea what you had.

-
Back