The " **** or get off the pot" association thread

-

340plot

the bushy bush
Reaction score
since alot of members like to go into someone elses for sale ad, and post negitive comments, or for some others, the ones who join the site just to bad mouth someone for parting a "ohh so bad duster 340 or what have ya", i figured i would start a rant page.
lets keep it all in one spot.

here is what i have to say...........

i am tired of the pm's, and messages ridiculing me for parting out 340 cars.

i always put them up for sale to make a few bucks, and well less than if i part it, so, if you feel like you need to post your anger for parting them " **** OR GET OFF THE POT COMES TO MIND. HOW BOUT YOU BUY THE CAR FROM ME, PUT 40K INTO IT, AND STILL BE A 15K CAR WHEN YOU ARE DONE.
YOU KNUCLEHEADS ALL SAY HOW" THESE CARS ARE NOT BEING BUIL ANYMORE" BUT DID YOU EVER STOP TO THINK............. THESE PARTS ARE NOT BEING MADE ANYMORE EITHER. WHERE WILL ALL THESE MEMBERS GO TO FIX THEIR 340 CAR IF I OR THE NEXT MAN WERE NOT PUTTING THE PARTS ON THE MARKET FOR YOU TO FIX YOUR OWN?

i do not sell them to get rich. ****, i bet you have more money than me!. i put it back into the hobby, and it is a cycle.
i just sold 7k worth of parts off of a few cars, yet after shipping all of it across the country, i have little over 2,200.00 left, and still ahve one engine to ship to iowa! not icluding buying them and all other costs that are assiciated.
i do it because i like to turn wrenches, and i do get to keep the parts i want for my build or future builds!.

i am not a hard to get a long with person, and i have found that the other guys on here that parts them all the time are also just like me. nice, easy to talk to, and will help out when needed. we are not devils. in a way, we are the ones helping to save this hobby.
i know everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but stop and think that you just may be hurting someone elses feelings, or make them think they are doing something wrong!

rant over.

if it were not for people selling parts i would not be as far as i am now with my car do what you do to hell with what people think !

I agree with you plot. I have had people say things about parting my cars out, but $%&#'em. Pay up or shut up!!! I had a lot of stress when I was parting out the Chargers a few years ago.

I see some stuff come up for sale and I say man that is going to pizz some people off but, Pay the piper or move on....trust me I want it all.. and we all have to eat 340plot

I say there your cars...part them if you want plot...it's not like your crushin em...the money doesnt seem to be around to buy restored cars or even to restore cars

I may get bit for this Joe, but what rubbed me the wrong way was you buying a 70 340 dart that a member on here had started a thread about as he was interested. It was on ebay and fair game for everybody, but without giving the orig poster any feedback or advice. Then you get the car and proceed to say your going to restore it yadda yadda yadda then in less than a month, the car is for sale. Then when you didnt get what you wanted for the car you cut/chop/part it out. That is what leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. Its all about the $$. Why not give people a heads up about good deals out there?? Post some craigslist adds that maybe someone in the area could benefit from?
If you had a normal job as most of us do, then what you do would be seen(by me anyway) as a hobby. But you see this as a job, not as a hobby. Well these cars arent going to be around forever and what will you move on to next when there is no $$ to be made?? You would think that with the amount of $$ that FABO has generated for you(thru your hard work) that you would invest in being a "GOLD MEMBER" too. Links are below to your threads about the dart. MY 2 cents....
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=117402

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=118978

first, let get things in the air out there. if i recall, i had already had a conversation with the owner of the dart well before someone posted on here. please do not make it sound likw i took it out from anyone.

second, at the time, i was told it was in better shape that it was, and i was in now way in a position to get that far into one. so, i took some things off it, and basically gave the car to a member on here!. how was that wrong.i did not junk it. i offered it up for some redicoulous amount, and still could not sell it.
another note. what does me having a job have to do with this being my hobby? i am a stay at home dad, and run my shop in between. i do anything from oil changes to engine rebuilds. how is that not a job? i do work full time. i sleep about an average of 5 hrs a night if i am lucky

and to set it straight, now why, if i can make a few bucks, would you make it like i am obligated to post it on here.? it is not just about the money. it is also about learning in this economy to do anything productive to pay the bills. this hobby is in free to anyone. we all wants parts and cars, but do you think that the average person working 9-5 can do that? no, they cannot

Im posting it as I see it...thread was started by someone else, you buy the car, then try to flip it on here. When that didnt work, you cut up a #'s matching 340 car........in my opinion you dont **** where you eat...cant you spend $30-$35 on a gold membership?? I gotta go to work(midnight shift) or I would expand a bit.....

Hey what the hell did I tell you people (hold it maybe I forgot) about waiting for the weekend before starting these kinds of rants. The kinds that always end in a trainwreck. So prove me wrong guys and gals, is a controlled, logical, business like and non-profane discussion possible about this hot topic. Time will tell but I think [-(

Have at er but don't come crying to the Mods when someone calls someone else a poopy head or a big stinky.:fart:

Yup....... If they are not willing to step up to the plate and buy the car (so they can save it), they don't have any right to ***** when it gets parted.

I was once one of those guys that ranted about 340plot, but he is right and his point of view changed my mind.

Can't let them sit in your yard with a "For Sale" sign forever.......

mine just ran out. but, what does my membership status have to do with this. i think you are just being a little know-it-all. easy to post, but you make no sence. what does a membership have to do with it.

see, that is more my point formula, if these guys knew how i have had to drag some of these out of the swaps in n.c or the old mine areas of wv, then they would see the hassle.
and, if i did not pull them out, they would be buried there for the rest of their numbered days!. i at least give them a fighting chance!. and also, all of these 340 cars that i have parted. maybe 5 have gone to crusher, as they were just nothing there body wise. but the rest i have mostly sold to local guys for 2-3 hundred bucks. a few have done a couple up, but most will continue to sit and rot. at least i took all the good parts to keep the rest on the road!

I see Joe doing us all in the hobby a favor. It's not like he's asking ridiculous prices for what he sells. It is always a good deal. Does he do it for the money? WFT business is it of anybody's if he does? It's a free country. I figure if somebody doesn't like what Joe does, it's because they're jealous and either cannot afford to do it too, or they do not have the ability that Joe does. Upset because Joe got something and you didn't? Tough. Be in the right place at the right time with the right amount of $$$$ next time, because evidently, he was. Joe has flat GIVEN people on here parts before.....myself included. I think he is doing good things for the hobby. We have ALL seen him save more than one car from the crusher. He could have let them go, but he did not. So what if he made a dollar or two off them? Me, you or anybody else has that same chance. Joe is just out there looking harder than most people because it puts food on his family's table. I say build yall a bridge and get the hell over it.

guys, i did not want this to be about just me. i did write things that were personel to me, but i am talking about all the good guys on here that do what i do. that is why we have a parts for sale section. could you imagine if we were not on here, all you guys would have to read is ebay links! on new tanks, and spark plugs.lol

i am trying to keep it "non-personel", i get pms from other sellers also, asking me if i am treated the same way they are. and the answer is yes.

AND 99% OF THE COMPLAINERS ARE THE ONES NOT BUYING ANYTHING, AND MOST LIKELY HAVE THAT STICKER IN THEIR RIDES' BACK WINDOW SAYING........." BOUGHT, NOT BUILT"

I love Joe, he saves these parts for everyone, he is like a saviour for our a bodies, stop being so mean to him, his job is to provide us with hard to find parts. PSSS Joe, how bout a discount on those parts we talked about? :violent1:

IMO most of us would benefit from being less judgmental. People are trying to provide for their famillies the best they can. Judge not lest ye be judged.

Plot We got off to a bad start awhile back. Maybe because we think the same. I have stripped and sold so many mopars in the past and still do. I had over 21 340 Dusters that went through here in the last 5 years alone and thats just 340 Dusters. I buy Cars fix the easy ones and strip the rest for parts to make money. I know alot of others do the same but do not have the energy or the means to get it done on our level. You keep on doing what your doing.

I am already into the newer mopars. Including turbo cars and Diesel trucks. I have several Omni glh's and shelby's here now. If you enjoy buying cars to get what you need and sell the rest go for it.

My duster has a 30K plus drive line and I bartered for it all. I stripped and traded Ray Barten a 1968 340 formula S 4spd cuda FB for my Block and Converter.. Any 67-69 Dart or Cuda I get ny hands on are doomed. He pays good.

My 93 Dodge diesel I had forsale on here I sold for $15,000. When it came down to it. After buying and stripping and parting all the dodge diesels for this build I paid myself over $10.000 to build it before I even sold it.

Never let anyone get in the way of you providing for your family. If you find it its yours to do what you want. Sometimes parting them brings more cash then selling them. Where do you think Brewers is getting their parts to recondition. From guys like us. I travel the states for some and I always say I am going to fix this one and keep it . But I don't. I just keep the inventory flowing and keep what I want for a while. It keeps me going . I am 56 and been doing this strong for many years. since the early 80's . I Have bought and stripped alot of Nostalgia Mopar race cars year back. Some of those i alway say I wish I would have kept. But I just dismantled another sold the motor went to NY. Always use yellow freight for big parts. Ive shipped complete front clips the buyer pays on his end. You do nothing but drop it at the depot. Oh by the way I am the guy who you never showed for the Scamp. Steve from Pa. So you do have my number.

Who really cares what one does with there own money.. that's what drives me nuts about the forums.. not just this one either.. If I have the money to buy a kick *** engine and drive it on the street and never get the full potential from it then so be it.. but I don't need to be told I have more money than brains.. how the flock do you think I got the money anyways? lol

I say do your thing..buy, sell, and chop what ever the hell you want to it's your money and your time!

I am behind Joe on this one,
I did the same thing 25 years ago, challenges, cudas, road runners were just average used cars. Never paid more than $250.00 for one.
Poor college student 2 kids Yadda, Yadda.
Back then if it had frame or trunk rust you could not give it away unless you parted it out.
The last 71 cuda I junked had rotted trunk, and rear frame rails.
I drove the car on the trailer, I paid $50.00 for the car.
Made 1500 and still have a few parts left off it.

But guess what I made off the "JUNK" cars that nobody would buy kept my family not hungy and we lived in a decent house.

Plus I have bought / traded parts with Joe I know he is 100%

-
Back