The " **** or get off the pot" association thread

-
For what it is worth if people would read the Sale Ad rules they state
Respondants:
1.You may NOT post commentary in this forum.
2.You MAY post relevant questions about the item being sold.
3.Do not negotiate price in the ad. Do this by PM.
4.No flaming of sellers or their products
So if anyone does any of the above hit the report button and a moderator will go in and clean it up. If the problem persists the offender will be dealt with.....

Yeah but just ask superdart426. There have been mods just jump in his threads and break every one of them rules. Course.......here I am the pot callin the kettle black, too. Maybe we could ALL stand to abide by the rules better. Staff as well as members.

This site used to be cool !!! Now all I see is a bunch of jealous ASSHOLES on here!!

There ya go, my faith in humanity has been preserved and it only took 53 threads. Mind you 71 did call everyone on this thread "a bunch of (read expletive above)" so I guess that qualifies for double air mile points. It's friday night, have a drink or a smoke, which ever you prefer and watch the sun go down and the stars come out.:happy1::happy1:

Yeah but just ask superdart426. There have been mods just jump in his threads and break every one of them rules. Course.......here I am the pot callin the kettle black, too. Maybe we could ALL stand to abide by the rules better. Staff as well as members.
If your for sale ad gets crapped all over, knowing these rules are present, whose fault is it??? Just asking....Do you know both sides of the story?? Again, just asking.....

ok, if you are buying used parts, they are coming from a car that has been parted out. if you are against people parting out cars and would rather replace every square inch of a desirable,rusted out, twisted up (340etc..) A body car, then where the hell are you going to get parts to replace all the tore up broken pieces, and it came with sport mirrors? and they are missing? where are you going to get them? FROM A CAR THAT HAS BEEN PARTED OUT yes there are many repopped parts but,there is NOT a 340 71 demon or duster (and most all a bodies)IN A BOX. you cannot buy an entire 340 car from any number of vendors,THEREFORE, you have to go OUTSIDE THE BOX to get good used parts.if it were not for people like joe, we would not have specific parts we need to complete our projects. granted ,if you own a 68-70 charger or a 70 E body,you can ALMOST get a car in a box. where are you going to get seats , a 340 , an 8 3/4,or dash clusters, grills, taillights, glass, trim and mouldings for that desirable 71 340, 4 speed, bucket seat ,console, rusted out hulk with no glass missing half the pieces car that you are screaming SAVE ME, dont part me out because i am too rare and my pieces need replacing any way? from another parts car. because, it is very rare that someone will take an entire 100% complete car and rip it apart to sell all the pieces and parts knowing what it would be worth as a whole. and if they were to, you wouldnt know about it anyway because someone would probably take it personal , and well.....who knows...IMO>>you go joe... i have parted out my share of B bodies,and looking back,yes i could have saved SOME of them,but, when i have good people around me and they need parts to help them achieve their goal, am i going to tell them SORRY BUD BUT I CANT HELP YOU BECAUSE SOMEDAY I AM GOING TO RESTORE THAT PILE OF BENT UP RUSTED out POS 70 383 4 speed super bee? hell no, i am going to HOOK them up. anyway, too each their own. the next time you need a part that is not repopped REMEMBER were it came from......for what its worth thats my opinion..

as stated before...plots business is his business...period.

but im so jealous is isnt funny, here in salt infested nova scotia, we find nothin, and he finds 340 cars like i find underwear. Id love to buy that 70 dart and easily nwould have paid his asking price but i would cost thousands to drag it home..let alone the border crossing.

anyhow lots of fellas probably get upset because they love to buy but the economics of travel hinder the purchase.....Plot you livr in the prime tin huntin area ....enjoy

I would never buy from 340plot God knows I don't want good communication or a decent shaped, well priced, fast shipped part!:-k

I dont agree with what your doing joe!!! All you part out is darts and dusters.I NEED 67-69 BARRACUDA PARTS!!!! For everyone that doesn't agree ..dont ever buy a used part again...that part you needed forever that you got for a good price at a swap meet or from one of the sites.....yeah that came from a parts car!!!

Im posting it as I see it...thread was started by someone else, you buy the car, then try to flip it on here. When that didnt work, you cut up a #'s matching 340 car........in my opinion you dont **** where you eat...cant you spend $30-$35 on a gold membership?? I gotta go to work(midnight shift) or I would expand a bit.....

Midnight shift would make anybody cranky

Generally speaking:
I think it's nobody's business what you do with a car. Go ahead and fix it, part it, suck the farts out of the seats if you want to if that make you happy.
340 plot (Joe) always gives everyone a fair shot at buying them, and his prices are reasonable from what i can see.
So what's the problem here?
We can't save them all and believe me, there are still plenty more out there and will be for a long time. Does anyone realize how many 340 a body cars were built over the years? They're not that rare really. All of the purists can whine all they want to, but most of them are hypocrates anyway.
The more unwanted cars you part, the more have a chance of getting back on the road in some form.
It's really the owner's business anyway.
Myself personally, i am getting tired of parting out cars and am focusing on fixing a few up right now that i'm keeping and won't be for sale, so i'm parting out to myself so to speak.
Remember people, if you point a finger at someone else, there are 4 more pointing back at you!

Hmmmmm;I really don't understand why we argue so much about things that we all do.I have/built/parted/cut up/sold/gave away/bought/traded/sent my girlfriend-in shorts to get a better price/gave a better price to a easy on the eyes girl/got pissed off because I gave a part to someone that went on craigslist the next week/and on and on and on.Plot-do what you want to or need to-guys-just remember that these parts are not here forever,if you think they are too expensive-build your own! This is why Chrysler cars are holding their prices better than brand X.If and when the aftermarket builds these hard to find parts,you can put a 50.00 fender on your cuda just like the mustang and camaro crowd.Until then,chasing parts and cars is VERY time and money consuming and that is reflected in the price

Joe, I can't say I totally agree with all the parting out but I have never made any negative remarks towards what you do, they are your cars....period.

Joe has offered these cars for sale before he parts them out, nobody buys them, guess what? Cars get parted and everything goes to a new home!! :D You had your chance to buy the car. His prices have never been outragous, always has a deal for us. Hell, I really wanted those skinny front runner Keystone mags he had but someone else asked first and got them, his price was so damn cheap on them I was jealous I didn't get them. :banghead: Everyone is happy to buy his parts, if we can't part out a 340 car why not let someone else do it instead? Then you don't feel guilty and you can still find your rare parts. :D I think he is doing people a favor here, he could always stop selling on FABO and list it all on eBay or CL, then nobody here gets the parts.

I got those Keystones, can't wait to get them. Joe gave me a smokin *** deal on em and I think what he's doing is keeping the hobby alive.

Thanks Joe I appreciate it!

I used to do the same thing - buy & sell Mopars & parts all the time. I've saved more than I've parted. I used to use the money to fund whatever car I was building at the time plus put food on the table. I've been called a flipper over on Moparts like it was a bad thing. I don't have a problem with anyone parting out a car - it's their's to do with as they please. Matter of fact, I plan on getting back into flipping Mopars as soon as I can.

Only complaint - keep the profanity out of the posts (especially the title)

-
Back