The POWER of FABO

-
you got my prayers. and is there is anything i can do let me know. im in arvada. i know it sounds clichea but god is the biggest help and we are surrounded by great churchs and even if you stay home god can and will help you out stay strong and dont lose hope

I know that I should have done a better job of keeping my FABO family updated on this matter and I apologize. I guess my thought was if I didn’t talk too much about it things all would work out.

By the end of June last year the doctors had told us that the cancer was terminal and that my grandmother wouldn’t be able to handle the surgery that was required to remove what was currently in her body. They gave her three to nine months at that time if nothing was done. My grandmother the tough lady she was fought hard and was well enough to get out of the hospital and made it home in July. That was one of the doctor’s main goals to get her healthy enough to get home so she could end her days where she wanted to be, at home with family. Feeling better my grandmother told us that she wanted to have at least one more summer to enjoy her beloved garden and flowers that she worked so hard on every year. To accomplish this she had to go on chemo therapy. After two rounds of chemo and being so sick she decided that the days that she was loosing being sick from chemo weren’t, or might not be made up in results so she stopped. She wanted to just enjoy the days she still had. The month of May was rough, we could see the cancer was starting to win the battle but my grandmother still fought. On Tuesday morning my dad called me with the news that she had passed a few hours earlier.

Thank you all again for the prayers and thoughts that have been sent, I truly believe that without them and others my grandmother would not have made it though the first part of her illness. Thank you all very much.

IRENE "PAT" BECKWITH

A note to you Grandma… I am so proud to have had you as a grandmother, you are the very best of people. I will remember always and cherish the days that we had together. I wish that you would have gotten more of the summer that you wanted, you know how I wanted that for you as well. I hope where you are the flowers will be in bloom always, and the deer stick to the corn and not the beautiful petals of the flowers. Your secret French toast recipe is safe with me and I will only pass it on the most trust worthy of family. You will be thought about often and missed greatly. Love and hugs Grandma, I’m glad that you are in peace now.

Thanks again FABO for giving me a place to share, write, cry and heal. One last time, thank you very much for all of you that read, posted, prayed and cared.

Firing up the shortwave to bounce some prayers, well wishes and happy karma thoughts off the ionosphere.

Prayers for your family at this time of loss. Remember that she is with the Lord Jesus Christ and will never feel pain and suffering again. And you will see her again, remember she is just behind a door in which you cannot open yet. God Bless you and your family Rich.

Sorry to hear the bad news, Richie. My deepest sympathies to you and the family, my friend..

George

Condolences to you and your family Richie. Love your heartfelt note to her!!

Richie, I am sorry to hear of Grandma's passing. Your words/tribute to her was beautiful. I know she is proud of you.

A long distance prayer from an icu nurse in texas, its the long distance prayers that work. keep the faith, God be with you, and her. family visits are the key, we cant provide love, as nurses, its up to the family, and man does it make a difference. God bless.....

Richie, I'm sending all the good karma and prayers I can ... best of luck and a speedy recovery for your beloved grandma. Hope she's back on her feet in no time.

She was a lucky lady to have a grandson like you, she knew she was loved. She gave you a great example to follow in your life ahead. You will see how much she is with you.

My Grandma lived through the great depression. To this day I try not to waste anything. I'm always careful not to tear off a bigger piece of aluminum foil than I need or put too much milk on my cereal. There are things about your Grandma that will be with you every day.

She was a lucky lady to have a grandson like you, she knew she was loved. She gave you a great example to follow in your life ahead. You will see how much she is with you.

My Grandma lived through the great depression. To this day I try not to waste anything. I'm always careful not to tear off a bigger piece of aluminum foil than I need or put too much milk on my cereal. There are things about your Grandma that will be with you every day.

It's interesting that you posted this Goldfish (sorry that I don't know your given name, I apologize) because last night as I was going off to sleep, I was thinking about the values that both my grandparents have instilled in me. The one that really sticks in my mind is respect. Respect for them, my parents, and any other elder for that matter. Using proper English when I was around them was pretty important, saying please and thank you, and just having good manners, all part of being respectful. I do owe this to them and am grateful for it, I could go on for a few more paragraphs but I won't, I just thought it was cool to see that someone was thinking the same type of thing that I was.

My grandmother was my trainer for life, Rest in peace and thank you for all you taught me as I was by your side Grandma amen
Sorry to hear a great person in your life is gone know, may she rest in peace Rich.
My grandmother was my parent, one of many I guess you could say.
My condolences to you and your family and all the friends she must have had.

Sorry to hear about your loss. Stay strong for those that will need you in the coming days. Prayers sent for you and your family.

There are things in this world that are more precious than gold,
The nature, the scenery, the stories that are told;
There's something more pure than a snow-white dove,
So honest and true is a grandmother's love.

-
Back