The price of windshields, for A bodies....

-

Abodybomber

Breaking street machines , since 1983.....:)
Legendary Member
Reaction score
My project held off for years, because of the price of front windshield glass, & fresh front weatherstrip. Rock auto delivered both, near 375 shipped. That's cheap, compared to even five years ago.Why such a holdback, on 70-72 hardtop two door stuff? If someone else can make it easier, please speak up for the forums sake...

chit safe lite had them for $ 425.00 installed they even had 1 for 65 barracuda"s
butthey wont install if you dont buy it from them . i dont know if you guys have little red truck out there but theyinstall any thing here with no garontee if not bought thru them .
livin and learnen when you stop learning you might *** well be dead .
So dont eat the big puck in the yernal its not a mint . Get the ride out and put the shades on !! those typing classes at the brail instatute seem to be helping now if i could just spell hmmm i guess i shoulda went in the door that said spelling bee
i went in the 1 that said SUPER BEE .

chit safe lite had them for $ 425.00 installed they even had 1 for 65 barracuda"s
butthey wont install if you dont buy it from them . i dont know if you guys have little red truck out there but theyinstall any thing here with no garontee if not bought thru them .
So dont eat the big puck in the yernal its not a mint . Get the ride out and put the shades on !! those typing classes at the brail instatute seem to be helping now if i could just spell hmmm i guess i shoulda went in the door that said spelling bee

Appreciated, Winston. Left you a message, to send me your phone number..Trying to get the "shades on", need glass installed, registration reverbed, & lotsa little crap...

My dad had a brand new one installed in his 66 Cuda for $100 total....but that was in 1988 lol :glasses7:

LOL :glasses7:

Speedy Auto glass install a new one in my 66 Dart for $300.Surprised they found one here in Ontario,Canada in one day.:D

Off shore glass is now available....

This is why.....He hit the nail right on the head.....I have a friend who does it for a living and has his own glass shop....He recently (last month) did my other friends 69 Camaro windshield.....He said the actual cost of the windshield from overseas was 8.00....No kidding...8 bucks....So yeah, manufacturing prices have come down due to cheap overseas labor but the U.S. companies including retail sellers and installers are still making a killing

I bought mine from Pilkington for like $89. My buddy has an account with them. Installed it by myself, it's not that hard.

For anyone building a race car...use the off shore glass...cause it is lighter...LOL

-
Back