The problem with seller feedback ratings...ABUSERS

-

bighammer

Reaction score
DONT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU...

Recently I made a purchase of a couple of hood scoops (for my '70 Dart) from a member here who convinced me that they were in very good condition. The pictures he posted were very poor quality, way too fuzzy to make out any detail. So I asked specific questions about them. Seller said they were in very good condition, so I paid him his full price. He asked me to pay via PayPal "Friends and Family" so he wouldn't have to pay their fee (dishonest, cheating the system) but I decided to do it the right way and paid the fee for him.

Lucky for me, because I needed to rely on PayPal to force the seller to refund my purchase price. In a nutshell, the scoops were in such terrible condition I knew immediately upon opening the box I would have to send them back. He lied big time about the condition. Before I bought them, I asked about the chrome bezels, he said "some pitting, but a good original set". (Lie) The chrome is in such bad shape, NOBODY would put them on ANY car. The chrome was peeling, bubbling, and flaking off. He also stated "no missing pins", lied about that too. There were two missing pins, one on the scoop, and one on an emblem. Besides the fact they looked like they were just drug up out of the ocean.

The PayPal claims process is a real PITA, believe me. And even though PayPal totally agreed with my claim, It took weeks for me to get my money back, and it ended up costing me $34 to ship his garbage back.

After my lousy dealing with this seller, I considered leaving negative feedback on the FABO seller rating. But then, I got to thinking, just let it go.. forget about it. BUT, the problem with that is, if I don't leave feedback, other members would have no way of knowing, or being warned of this scammer, and his behavior continues unchecked.

So I decided to do what I considered the appropriate thing to do. I left negative feedback, exactly what he deserved. And I also considered the possibility that he would retaliate. And this he has done by giving me negative feedback, which I don't deserve. Even though I warned him, that if he did retaliate like that, I would share all the PMs between he and I, as well as clear pictures that show the real condition of the scoops, with anyone that wants to see them.

Right now there are 3 PM's from this seller that just came in this evening. This guy blew his top and is using vulgar language, name calling, etc. and he is real proud that he got to leave negative feedback on my rating. What a freaking idiot! While I'm not at all happy about getting the negative feedback from him, which I did not deserve, I'm glad I gave it to him. He is more of a 'flipper' than one who actually contributes anything good to the site. He has Nine pages of posts in the "for sale" forums. I can't help but wonder who else got screwed by him.

Shitty! I wonder how many "bad deals" there are in fabo total?? Be interesting to see.
Sorry to hear this happened to you, but glad ya did what ya did.

Here is the actual complaint filed with PayPal:

I Purchased a pair of hood scoops from Darrell Crum. His description of the items was SIGNIFICANTLY DIFFERENT than what I received. There are TWO MISSING STUDS, (which are important for securely mounting the scoops) and the mounting holes are STRIPPED out. He assured me that there were no missing studs. Also the chrome is badly FLAKING off (I have photos that I would like to provide) and there is DEEP pitting as well. He described them as having "some pitting, but a good set". Also missing are the 4" rubber grommets that were supposed to be included in the sale, and were pictured in the ad. I didn't care at the time that they were missing because I knew immediately that I'm going to send his scoops back. These scoops were significantly different than described; missing parts and MUCH WORSE CONDITION THAN DESCRIBED. I have no use for them, and I'm not willing to try to restore them with replacement parts. I want a refund as Darrell initially agreed to. I have the communication thread between us saved (with Darrell telling me twice to SEND THE SCOOPS BACK, but he would not send the refund) if a copy is requested, as well as clear photos which accurately show the poor condition as I have described. Incidentally, Darrell tried to talk me into sending the money as "friends and family" (I have the email message saved) which I refused to do, as I do not even know him. I sent the money (as an item purchase) and added extra money to cover the fee myself so I could have some protection from a bad seller. I want my money back and I am willing to ship the items back to the seller.

if you don't want to post his fabo user name , please pm it to me so I can add it to my ignore list, which serves as my personal bad seller list. don't sweat the negative feedback rating here , you've explained your side of it. at least you got your money back, so many people don't.

if you don't want to post his fabo user name , please pm it to me so I can add it to my ignore list, which serves as my personal bad seller list. don't sweat the negative feedback rating here , you've explained your side of it. at least you got your money back, so many people don't.

he doesn't have to all his posts and feedbacks are public

If your going to have a thread of your bad experience to warn others then it would also be equally important to identify the sellers user name. Yes I can look it up but why don't you simply out him. Do you feel a responsibility to protect him after all your trouble?

Guarantee I wouldn't, especially after asking all the right questions and have someone blatantly lie to me....Oh hell no I'd out them in a heartbeat.

its rite we hang this asshole out to dry so others don't get scammed we must protect our fellow Mopar brothers

Its sad to hear and unfortunately it happens.I had a bad experience myself (not on Fabo) but had to use ebay and paypal. I did get most of my money back but like mentioned lots of others don't. Glad it worked out for you but in the same sense, sucks to be treated this way and getting parts you need to be let down. keep the faith bro........way to many good people here willing to help.

I noticed that Hammer's score is back up to 100% with no negatives! Good on the admins for correcting this!

On another forum "retaliatory negative feedback" got so bad the admins made it so the seller could not leave negative feedback on the buyer, only "neutral" feedback. This allowed a seller to leave "neutral" feedback for people who didn't pay. But what if the buyer got the item then tried to demand a refund from paypal and keep the item? Sadly this meant that they had to create an admin to simply listen to these complaints and leave a negative feedback themselves to the buyer explaining the situation.

In the end though it all worked out.

I noticed that Hammer's score is back up to 100% with no negatives! Good on the admins for correcting this!

Yep good job on them it's the right thing to do.
It seems to be an almost weekly occurrence anymore. Joey and the mods can only do so much. As members we have to police ourselves by posting bad members.

-
Back