The Rattacuda was born .

-
Rust and Patina.... excellent!

agree w/ the bomber :
no patina, looks getto ! sand the rust off as you feel like it, and primer it as you go. you might even get a few offers on it! will certainly look better all one color, regardless of the color.-------just my "not so humble opinion !"

Great idea, Asa, what you need is a Mopar to drive. Don't call it 'Un-loved" though,
because that's not true. Maybe take suggestions for a name, or just keep calling it The Barracuda.

We are happy to see this:cheers:
thanks bud . I dont know yet lol

Spray some matte clear on her and enjoy.

Not my cup of tea, but if you like it that is what matters.

Should have done that with my barn find dart instead of selling it for a father son project that got parted and posted here for sale more than once
I think its only going to be like this a few summers lol

Lol with the snake story.
I bought a 71 chevy truck off a guy that owned a saw mill cheap, because the starter turned the motor real slow.
Towed it home, bought a new starter for it.
In the middle of changing the starter a 1' long rattle snake goes down the bell housing and up the shifter boot, my young daughter was playing inside the cab.
Grabbed her real fast and slammed the doors shut.
Did not get near that truck for a couple of days, ripped the whole interior out, pressure washed the under side, snake no where to be found.
Ya i was ify bout getting in her to clean her out for sure and when i was moving it around to get air in her tires . I was aways looking at my feet for something lol

hey, Welcome Back Asa,...Hell, I'd drive er...
Yup yup yup

Do y'all remember those bumper stickers that said "got milk?"? You need to get one made that says "got patina?". Light gray background with rust colored lettering would look cool. Somebody needs to market these. Anyway, congrats on getting her going. I love the look. Some old Cragars with a bit of rust and peeling would look killer on that thing!
Its going to have some thing like that on the top of the windshild but its going to say Rattacuda
Congratulations :cheers: This sure put a smile on my face seeing this news Doc :color:
thanks mike

Rust and Patina.... excellent!
Right on

agree w/ the bomber :
no patina, looks getto ! sand the rust off as you feel like it, and primer it as you go. you might even get a few offers on it! will certainly look better all one color, regardless of the color.-------just my "not so humble opinion !"
I dont know if im going to keep it looking like it is But for now i am .

Got her loaded up this morning. She didnt want to go gave me a fit . then unloading it she blew a front tire just pow shhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Oh and for karl the duster i was talking to you bout lol

IMG_0457.jpg

IMG_0458.jpg

IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg

Good to see you're making progress....

As far as those smashed fingers.... I didn't feel a thing.... LOL!

is he going to work on it parked out in the pasture with those other cars? looks like its settled there for a long time coming!!

Did you get a time frame in the deal? I cant wait to see it running and stopping on its own power but where its parked doesn't look promising.

there is a shop door right outta the frame lol Yes there is a time frame on the deal inless some thing happens. By NOV i should have her back . funny thing is ive owned both of them cars shes sitting between . best part of the deal is im not useing any of the parts i got for dads dart . Im still going to be running the 9inch drums . But we are putting a duel master on it. when this is all said and done i will have no extra mopar stuff. I will just have a running driving car.

there is a shop door right outta the frame lol Yes there is a time frame on the deal inless some thing happens. By NOV i should have her back . funny thing is ive owned both of them cars shes sitting between . best part of the deal is im not useing any of the parts i got for dads dart . Im still going to be running the 9inch drums . But we are putting a duel master on it. when this is all said and done i will have no extra mopar stuff. I will just have a running driving car.

that's ok, nothing wrong with any of that. This is going to be so awesome.

I might have some Cuda parts for you. Let me know what you need and I'll see what I can help you with!

It's progress, Asa. Condolences for kitty...
Thanks bud

I might have some Cuda parts for you. Let me know what you need and I'll see what I can help you with!
I really cant think of nothing Im going to need off the top of my head. Its really just down to Seats and tires and a battery. Only thing i could use (not need) is a driver side head light ring . thanks my friend.

Well I found some one thats going to help me with the seats . In the ratrod style . Now i just need to find me some road signs. I have an ideal . Before you all start to hate nothing im doing to her cant be undone with just alittle time . She will be flat black sooner or later when ever i feel like getting around to it and have the funds .

The funds will come with time.

Ok well its going slower then we thought . His mom passed on . So he took some time off of every thing . Im ok with that. the back is done. Tank cleaned,carb on runs under her own power she needs some tuneing tho she will sit and run but dies or trys to when you put her in drive. we need to find a distribution block outta a drum brake car thats the only thing holding us up right now .

You're getting close, keep your enthusiasm Asa and soon that Mopar will be back where it belongs, out on the roads!

Looks awesome! Can't wait to see progress!! I own 2 '65 Barracudas and a '66 Barracuda. My '66 has a Commando 273, traded a '74 Duster for it. My father calls it the Pooda......... But it looks a lot better than when I got it a month ago!! Mopar or No Car.

Attachments

• IMAG0133.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 268
  • FB_IMG_1445784918087.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 258
  • IMAG1938_1_1.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 266
  • IMAG1865_1.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 241
  • IMAG1880_1.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 267
  • IMAG1683.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 276
thanks guys ..... Nice cudas i need distribution block for a 9 inch drum car with duel master..... any one have one ?

Got the block today thanks 65 Dartman fast shipping and you would not beleave how well it was packed!

-
Back