The stripe is on!

-

Scamp Rhonda

Reaction score
The stripe is on and I'm very happy how it turned out! I used John Deere Blitz Black paint with a hardener and once I thinned it down a lot it came out really nice. I'm thinking about painting the hood with it also. It's a Scamp and not a Dart so the paint scheme wouldn't be original for the car but I like the look so it's good enough for me.
IMG_20220926_183403.jpg
IMG_20220928_172632.jpg
IMG_20220928_173123.jpg
IMG_20220928_172827.jpg
IMG_20220927_191851.jpg
IMG_20220928_175508.jpg

I used the Blitz Black (rattle can) on my dashboard. It's a great looking black and you did a really nice job. Should look great on the hood too.

Thanks, I like the idea of using it for the dash also. Since the stripe worked out so well, I'm pretty sure I m going to do the hood treatment also. Gotta do a little more research to see how much of the hood I'm going to paint. I want the Plymouth emblem to be completely on the black. I'll figure something out and post pictures when I'm done.

I used the Blitz Black (rattle can) on my dashboard. It's a great looking black and you did a really nice job. Should look great on the hood too.
That's what I was asking on another thread about the JDBB. Wanna killer Satin Black in a can for my interior

My hood scoops came yesterday. I got them from Josh's Muscle Car Parts. About $215 delivered. Only took a few days and they were packaged really well.

IMG_20221014_164402_1CS.jpg

IMG_20221014_164608.jpg
Great quality and way more heavy duty than I thought they would be. I put them on today and all went well and am real happy with them.
IMG_20221015_155157.jpg

IMG_20221014_170009.jpg
Now I'm not sure whether I should paint the hood black or not. I kinda like the way it looks for now.

I really dig the contrast of the black and white on the hood! It makes the scoops pop a lot more than to be lost in a sea of a single color. Just my opinion. :)

Too bad that little bit of snow is just Old Man Winter reminding us where we live
Well, with all the nice comments I think I'll let It go till spring at least. I guess I got enough going on getting things ready for winter. Already had some snow. Lol

Old Man Winter.jpg

Well, with all the nice comments I think I'll let It go till spring at least. I guess I got enough going on getting things ready for winter. Already had some snow. Lol
I am in a similar situation. Can't get the catalyst I need to paint out the interior and we are rapidly running out of suitable weather! I'll have to keep an eye out for your car, I spend a lot of time in the Blaine area!

The Gold Digger will be making her debut this spring from the northwest suburbs! I’m thinking Mopars in the park should be pretty awesome in 2023!

I am in a similar situation. Can't get the catalyst I need to paint out the interior and we are rapidly running out of suitable weather! I'll have to keep an eye out for your car, I spend a lot of time in the Blaine area!
Sounds good, I've still got some mechanical stuff to sort out so I plan on still driving it a bit this fall, weather permitting.

-
Back