The thread of my life ! Cuda decision..need your help guys:

-

ValerianMagnum

the little car that could
Reaction score
:arrow: Okay heres my story! :

Some of the members here know my car , but for the ones who dont... i was 17 and it was back in 2002 , i bought a cuda with my dad, it was our first muscle car , our first project together too , my dads was a mechanic , but never went into restoration and did a lil bit of bodyjobs on cars when he was a teenager . We bought a car that , was after the sandblast and everything , in a really bad shape , as been repainted several times , a tons of bondo on it ...ad accidents , frame rails finished ,,yes it was bad , the bodyshops who restored old antique cars , refused ours .. it was not even good for a parts car as they said...i was verry discouraged , but something inside me said that it wasnt over , and i worked like crazy , two jobs , 60-70 hours a week , saving most money as i could...my dad was surprised and he said you know what ...we gonna try to save it , and thats what we did...rented a small bodyshop , verry small ,sandblasted the car , my dad cuted everything , redoing 48 patches of metal , a lots of welding and did what he could...sad story he didnt re-inforced the car ...all the sheet-metal was redonne even the rear frame rails.

We invested close to 60-70 000 $ in this project … 25 on the drive train , 10 interior , 4, wheels ,15 to complete it and the rest on different parts , i was now 19 and wanted to enter the car show area, i was a dreamer and wanted to open something with my dad back then , the car did good , winning 3 major trophys 3 years in a row , 11 major trophys were won in less than 36 months , television , 2 magazines , interviews …. was incredible for me and my dad , i was so proud of us , and i had this dream in my head for so long..after the thing changed , my dad didnt want to open a garage with me , and i had personnal healt problems , after that it was financial .. everything stopped and the car sat for the next 5 years in a storage place ..

2012, i bought the car back to my dad... bought is part , now its 100 % mine , but still i have nice souvenirs of this adventure , so... 10-11 years after the car s bondo is coming out... its not as solid as it was … drivetrain components became stuck..shocks finished bla bla bla ..

since the car never been perfect , and not restored by pros , i think its time for a REAL restoration , but im separated in two... put it back original and make a sleeper?

Or doing a in your face type of muscle car , a tribute car with the look of the motown missile 72 cuda , blacked out with gold wheels , strong mechanic and tubbed rear end...

From Factory :

3 speed on the floor , standard
darkmoonstone metallic - kl8 color ( greenish-brown )
white interior
white upper sticker ( cuda decor package )
power buldge hood
rally wheels 14`` wheels

Before and After pics :D :

15.jpg

VEK.jpg

13.jpg

Cudzdunlop229.jpg

37.jpg

18.jpg

11.jpg

CudzSCP6024-1.jpg

ScampRats046.jpg

ScampRats168.jpg

ScampRats009.jpg

ScampRats071.jpg

ScampRats011.jpg

ScampRats022.jpg

ScampRats024.jpg

ScampRats016.jpg

ScampRats040.jpg

JAC2007086.jpg

JAC2007084.jpg

ScampRats458.jpg

ScampRats256.jpg

ScampRats264.jpg

DSC_7170_copy.jpg

CRW_3884.jpg

CRW_3881.jpg

CudzSCP6069.jpg

The *stock look ideas\\:D/:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/cudz340
/t5-1_zpsa9d5c785.jpg
sdsfff2_zpsc88c1371.jpg

sdsfff_zps769b3755.jpg

ff_zps02940996.jpg

0902phr_10_z1970_chevy_novainterior_zps0a38680d.jpg

enginebay_blackintake_zpsa9df84c6.jpg

Pro-stock idea:cheers::

3333_zpsef1e91a5.jpg

21903_10152253958895023_174307924_n_zpsa3f92443.jpg

motownmissile3_zpsccf3d6a1.jpg

top11754-vi_zps311faed5.jpg

front2_zpsbb44e5a0.jpg

2895154050082607023S600x600Q85_zps4a3668a5.jpg

5860612-MissileCudaGainesville4_zps3127d6ab.jpg

DONCARLTON455HEMI_zps631814c6.jpg

I want something low profile..but in the same time , i know that its a cuda ,, and like my friends are saying..how do you want to stay low profile with a cuda ? you dont see muscle cars everyday , at leat i know something , i want to drive it and a lot..its ****** finished the times of the trailer queens for me , we have one life to live ..and we have to enjoy it !!!

Advice and comments please !!!:dontknow:

my advice:
1. do maintenance only, so that it's back to what you and your dad made.
2. get another project car. maybe a 68 cuda. or something your dad liked. even a classic pickup truck resto.

you keep what you have, with minimal investment. (beautiful car by the way) and have a new project that will someday be just as nice.

I would do what makes you happy. If its going to be a driver then fix what doesn't look great to you and then drive it. how much fun did you haven with it after the show scene got boring? None, I would bet. Fix it the way you want and drive it........ Just my 2 cents.

Sounds like you're in your late 20's now and your tastes have changed.

Are you still looking to raise hell on the streets or are you looking to sit back and cruise in one of the coolest cars ever made?

personnaly im not a show off kinda person , i was young and i wanted to flash ..yes i admit it , but now its not the flashing thing that i want , i have a duster and its plain jane and brutal , 400 hp in a lighten car , less than 3 000 pounds , 3.91 geared and a mild stall..felt in love with this ... i want the cuda to be like that , but drive a duster and driving a cuda is not the same , sometimes you wish that the people around you dont pay attention , but with a cuda its impossible , i knew that with time ... i still want it to be powerfull but more conservative , and solid and its not , not at all ..

getting more confused now !!!!! kinda funny how people still like it , im glad that it still put smiles on faces, the pics are from all back on 2003 to 2010 .. but trust me le lines aint perfect and its not a hemicuda restoration job.. its nice in person , but a bodyman or someone who knows about restorations will find the inperfections right away ...

i didnt win the lottery lol , i worked my A** off and i spend a lot of money , i know it sounds crazy but i dont regret anything, but it was priceless , being 19 yrs old and winning major car shows , was just verry tired because of all the jealous people , and older mans giving me **** because i Destroyed the car by modding it..anyway , i liked it , but now its too flashy for me ! :)

If it were mine and all you wanted was to get rid of some of the "flashyness" of the car would be to rip out the stereo, get rid of some of the interior painted panels and restore back to like a woodgrain or more factory looking interior, replace some of the shiny chrome and polished engine bay components with stock looking pieces, and drive the car! Personally, from the outside aside from the bright yellow paint, I wouldn't do anything to it. Like was said before, fix what needs to be fixed in order to drive, and the few things I mentioned above, and drive away. I wouldn't want to completely get rid of what my father and I built, but at this point if you want to change a few things to make it your own to drive, do it!

Here ya go,for something different [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWikyNVcblo"]Barracuda Foose Design - YouTube[/ame]

Give it to one of us we'll fix what needs to be fixed and drive the wheels offn it. I'm with roughidle fix it up [dispose of that awful stereo crap] paint the enginebay body color [sorry pet peeve] leave it alone i thing its beautiful,plus you and your father made it what it is that right there should be reason enough to not change it!!!!

My opinion - make it a very nice driver, and get out and enjoy it. Cruises and casual car club get-togethers are where it's at. How fast or slow you make it is up to you, just keep it tame enough to hop in and drive anytime the weathers nice.

I can't understand why you would want to change it. That is beautiful!!!

Attachments

• ScampRats046.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 373
If you built it with your dad, and he isn't involved with what you do now, YOU WILL LIVE TO REGRET IT!

Time spent with your dad it priceless and to have something that you did together, well as you age you will start to understand.

The car is beautiful, if you plan on driving, who cares if it isn't perfect, won't be long after you spend a ton of money AGAIN and then start to drive it.

Want more power, add it, want less flash, sorry you painted it top banana, it has flash. But change the I interior to more stock looking

The only think I would do would be paint the engine compartment body color. As far as the engine, I LIKE BODY COLORED ENGINES

Make it a reliable driver, fix what must be fixed and drive the wheels off it.

400 hp small block, where can you use the power at? Going racing? Auto cross? How fast can you AFFORD? Yeah we all want mega power, but how many really use it?

leave it...thats beautiful
I agree with this, because......

a bodyman or someone who knows about restorations will find the inperfections right away ...
people will still point out imperfections no matter how perfect it is.

I like moparlover's idea- keep it like that and get another car to do up (but since you already have the Duster too, that's probably not the way you're thinking)

You say that you have other "sleeper" cars?
Fine you them for you undercover work when you want a low profile.
Fix the Cuda where necessary and keep it like you pop made it
When he is gone, you'll remember him and it.
Trust me.

omg im speechless now...makes me think twice...like really,, the main reason is because me and me dad ad lots of fights for that car,, i was too young to drive it bla ba bla...its 10 years ago , and i took it less than 10 times maybe... i just bought it back last year ,and i was thinking about erasing these bad souvenirs ... theres good and bad in that project but , yes of course is still love my dad , even if we dont talk too much these days .... its true that it doesnt matter that the body lines are not perfect ...but its a pain in the *** when people look all the things that is not original and custom made ..

And of course ...this stereo will be removed , Jeezzz..thinking about leaving it that way ! now....

I'm with most of the others, with the exception of all the yellow in the interior the car looks sweet. My personal taste would be to put an OEM interior in it an enjoy it but what's most important is for you to not torture yourself on what others think. My ride is an 80's time machine that's been sitting since then, I liked it back in the day but my tastes have changed and its going back to factory. In the end make it the way want it, good luck with what ever you decide.

Leave it alone and get another car and make it a sleeper. I would keep it as a good memory and make another one. Have fun.

Lose the black engine bay! (unless you paint the car black)

To me, when I see a Mopar painted that way, I think "Hmm, some Chevy guy who happens to own a Mopar..."

i would like a body colored engine bay but for now i cant afford a nice paint job.. one day , but not for this summer

-
Back