the Wasps are out

-

mopardart72

I'm a pretty big deal
Reaction score
Yep last night when i was installing my seats i got under the car and was greated with a few wasps in a wasps nest, apperetnly they didnt want me to install my seat:angry7:. so now i got stings all over me dont worry i got the pressure warsher out and blewem to high heaven!!!

Just a little heads-up on wasps, hornets, ants, cockroaches, flies and rattlesnakes, etc....

A squirt of brake cleaner will KILL them in a heartbeat and there is not any lasting odor or stains. Like I said, it is instant death.... sorta like having your mother-in-law catch you with your girlfriend.

Found an empty wasp nest by the passenger door hinge on my dart when I first got it home and was cleaning it up. Now it's the spiders I gotta watch out for! the black widows grow HUGE here I've squashed quite a few of them recently .

Really im in missouri and in the boondocks, and of course having my dart on jackstands for close to a year isnt helpign the situation but im down on money and need to find 2 more weld prostars and come up with 269$ for the front end kit boy at 16 money sure is scarse with no job:angry7:

Im having to stop my garage building progress,because im so allergic to red wasp stings.Ive almost died twice in the last 2 summers.Is there anything you can spray to get rid of them for good,or keep them away from were im working?I tried a raid brand,it worked for a few days is all.Clorox seemed to least the longest so far,for me

Toby and everyone else on a budget with a bee problem ... I have just four words for you:

AQUA NET HAIR SPRAY

Cheap, reliable, easy to carry around while you're working (stashed right there next to the PB Blaster and silicone spray), and handy to have on hand for those occasional big-hair nights out at the club. :bootysha:

It encapsulates them, dries instantly, and they drop outta the air to die a horrible suffocating death. As they should! :)

use a dab of Clorox Bleach on the stings and it will numb the pain and pull all the poison out of the sting...hour or so and you won't even remember you got stung.

Every Spring/Summer season, I like to mix up some gasoline in a pump up sprayer and douse all the nests I can find real good....seems to work...they don't like gasoline fumes too much and pretty much start new nests from scratch or move on.

use a dab of Clorox Bleach on the stings and it will numb the pain and pull all the poison out of the sting...hour or so and you won't even remember you got stung.

Every Spring/Summer season, I like to mix up some gasoline in a pump up sprayer and douse all the nests I can find real good....seems to work...they don't like gasoline fumes too much and pretty much start new nests from scratch or move on.

Back in the 1950's, My dad had an Uncle once that had white faced hornets build a nest in the bumper of his old Willie's Jeep he used for farm use.
He put the leaded gas to them and decided to light up a cigar while he watched them vacate the nest...
Did I mention he had an Uncle?

:confused: :angryfir:

I like CudaChicks idea better :read2:

Toby and everyone else on a budget with a bee problem ... I have just four words for you:

AQUA NET HAIR SPRAY

Cheap, reliable, easy to carry around while you're working (stashed right there next to the PB Blaster and silicone spray), and handy to have on hand for those occasional big-hair nights out at the club. :bootysha:

It encapsulates them, dries instantly, and they drop outta the air to die a horrible suffocating death. As they should! :)
Hold a lit match in front of that hairspray and you can shoot them out of the air with a 'flamethrower' - just pray that flame doesn't get back into the can and turn the whole thing into a bomb.

years ago i was working in a small salvage yard .boss said go and look and see if their was a door glass in this old truck so i did without thinking i just looked in the door got stung by two hornets right on the nose . coulnt see my way to run or anything found the nearest mud puddle slapped some on my nose dont know if it helped or not , but i did learn to kick every car first

Like cudachick said It kills the pesky buggers!to a stiff demise.:read2:
I spray a water and Joy dish washing soap mix every year around the eaves
and all around area's like my deck and front rear door.
For some reason they don't like it.
I did us hair spray but know I have no reason to own it any more:-D.
I spray my garden and yard with it right before company , It seems to keep all bugs back for a good while. about 3 oz's to a gal, No staining and cheep.

If I do find a big nest I wait till it gets around 69 degree's and catch them to cold to fly and splash them with gas. It will get them all.:cheers:

I can understand your problem with them. We deal with them down at the shop every year. And yes brake clean does work great on them. I heard there a trap for them but have never tried them yet. But I will say I have been lucky so far, have only been stung twice in the last few years. I just go about my business and they don't seem to mind too much.

Carb cleaner or brake cleaner works magnificently...They die quicker than using raid, and probably cheaper too :). Killed about 20 white faced hornets flying around the garage today.

Is this a white face hornet ??

If so , we don't see them here in northeast Arkansas.
or at lest me anyway.

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.jpg

Yeah, at least I think that is one...they have a nasty sting. And they are quite big, compared to yellow jackets.

These are the ones that try to bother folks around here.
The red wasp that will jump on you so fast if you get to close to there home and sting like !@#$. I like to get stung at least one time every two years.
It keeps me immune to them. There are some people that can get bad sick and even die if they don't get to the hospital fast.

I do like dartcuda and just leave them alone if they come flying by.

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.jpg

Yeah, at least I think that is one...they have a nasty sting. And they are quite big, compared to yellow jackets.
Never got stung by a wasp until last week, was installing a phone drop to an eve of a house and there was a nest 2 feet from me. I saw it and they were all just sitting there, looking at me. Kinda funny seeing them all pointed in my direction and just watching me. There were only 5 of them, and I thought they were mud dabbers (?) and I thought they didn't sting. They were yellow and black. Well as soon as I started up the DeWalt hammer drill, they went balistic and swarmed me. I got off that ladder pretty fast and was swatting them around and one stung me right on the elbow. Man, it felt like I backed into a nail. Since then, I got the 20 foot spray and hose those active nests from afar and then go back into my truck and read a few FABO posts!

But you don't want to aim a can of either one at your paint job (almost impossible to avoid in the heat of the moment as you're chasing their stingin' asses around the shop).

Good point :cheers: and well said leanna..
I can see it know!!

Well I was killing some wasp and I hit the new charger and Dart with the spray. Then blame it on the child!!:toothy10::toothy10:

This is definitely a great thing to keep in mind while inspecting a car that's been sitting a while either at your house or out in a yard. My duster had a total of 5 paper wasp nests. Having lived in FL all my life I have learned to HATE stinging insects! ( I've been stung 3 times WHILE driving )

pishta, The stupid things seem to lull you into a false sense of security... like while you are half way through a break job and THEN decide to come out from under the fender and sting the crap out of you when your hands are covered in grease.

Here are a couple nests, there is one hiding behind the first one inside the fender

DSCF0110 (Small).JPG

I like a dab of dishwashing liquid in a jar of water. Toss it on the nest and the wasps hit the ground and walk around with their wings stuck straight up. easy to stomp dead one at a time. Cruel huh ? LOL
No harsh or expensive chemicals wasted though :)

-
Back