"the wayback "

-
Hiya Rick,

I keep coming back to the Valiant image in post #184. (Ken J, do you know what issue of Rod & Custom that is?)

After seeing the pics of the shortened car outside, I feel all the more strongly about it needing the rear window laid forward into a fastback. Also smoothing the top of the roof.

I tried calling you last weekend, but didn't get through your cell number. Please PM me the number again.

Thnx, Mike in FL

That's it. I'm selling my 360 and changing directions. Hopefully for the last time! I found a place near my home that are supposed to be SRT experts, Boost Controlled Performance. I'm going to sit down with them next week and see what they can tell me about this project.

That's it. I'm selling my 360 and changing directions. Hopefully for the last time! I found a place near my home that are supposed to be SRT experts, Boost Controlled Performance. I'm going to sit down with them next week and see what they can tell me about this project.

go for it.!!!! that's cool. :blob: cars going in primer now.. pictures today

I can't wait to see the new pictures! Your ride is one of the most unique I've seen.

I started having dreams about my Valiant with the 2.4L swap, so that kind of told me that I had to do it.

I saw earlier in the thread that you said a Mustang T5 could bolt up to the earlier Dakota bell housing. Have you ever mocked one up? I'm just wondering about input shaft length. I think that might be the route that I take. I'm leaning towards the close ratio version. I have a 4.10 gear in my axle, so the 2.95 first shouldn't be that bad. Plus, I'm not really thinking about straight line performance as much as making the car handle well. It also has a higher OD gear than the wide ratio trans.

If I want to go fast on the drag strip, I always have my 340 Duster for that.

I can't wait to see the new pictures! Your ride is one of the most unique I've seen.

I started having dreams about my Valiant with the 2.4L swap, so that kind of told me that I had to do it.

I saw earlier in the thread that you said a Mustang T5 could bolt up to the earlier Dakota bell housing. Have you ever mocked one up? I'm just wondering about input shaft length. I think that might be the route that I take. I'm leaning towards the close ratio version. I have a 4.10 gear in my axle, so the 2.95 first shouldn't be that bad. Plus, I'm not really thinking about straight line performance as much as making the car handle well. It also has a higher OD gear than the wide ratio trans.

If I want to go fast on the drag strip, I always have my 340 Duster for that.

i haven't done it but from what i understand you would need to re drill and tap the trans mounting holes on the bellhousing and have a centering ring made for the input shaft collar. i heard a few roundy round guys talking about it

ok we got primer on it today looks good

Attachments

• DSCF3570.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 636
  • DSCF3590.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 613
  • DSCF3589.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 618
  • DSCF3587.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 603
  • DSCF3585.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 612
  • DSCF3583.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 618
  • DSCF3571.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 679
back outside this morning. nice visual with the back end in primer

Attachments

• DSCF3591.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 624
  • DSCF3592.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 606
  • DSCF3593.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 582
  • DSCF3594.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 593
thats a hard question. one day i see it viper red. another day surf blue, then spitfire orange, then burgundy, winchester grey. but greys silvers and pewters have all been over done.

have you thought about 'Foosifying' it and doing it 2-tone?
i made a new word, call Webster's so they can add it to the New World Dictionary

Looking good Rich. Glad to see you moving along again.

what do you think? in the rendering the back glass has been layed down to follow the trunk line, in return bringing the roof pitch down

Attachments

• lancer rendering.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 521
yep lay it down and take some of the 'bubble' out of the top. Course when you start messing with the top...one thing leads to another. Window frames...door frames...stainless steel trim. Interior and exterior trim. But it will look cool and a better flow. Nice work!

yep lay it down and take some of the 'bubble' out of the top. Course when you start messing with the top...one thing leads to another. Window frames...door frames...stainless steel trim. Interior and exterior trim. But it will look cool and a better flow. Nice work!

two door hard top no window frames. thanks

-
Back