"the wayback "

-
That's right. Just didn't come to mind at first. So to run thst head you would need to turn the pistons 180 in the block? Are the grinds the same as srt4? Sorry don't mean to get off track here.

Thanks for the picture's.......love the update, that engine looks awesome in there.

That's right. Just didn't come to mind at first. So to run thst head you would need to turn the pistons 180 in the block? Are the grinds the same as srt4? Sorry don't mean to get off track here.

Turn just the pistons not the rods. They are turned because of the valve relief cuts. Because your intake valves are now on the opposite side. Srt4 and 2.4 same bore. Srt4 pistons are a lower compression piston due to the Turbo. These are the ones to use .

Just to be clear, the only reason you're running the 420A head is because the original SRT4 head intake would hit the steering shaft? Is that correct?

Greg

Just to be clear, the only reason you're running the 420A head is because the original SRT4 head intake would hit the steering shaft? Is that correct?

Greg

My reasons are,if I ran the sock head the intake would be on the drivers side and throttle body would be into the firewall. With the 420a head,it switches intake to passenger side and factory intake put throttle body up front

Ah SO!! Are you using the 420A intake as well?

Very COOL!

Greg <--- 30 years US Air Force RETIRED

The intake is a 420a neon. But I may choose. To use the srt4 intake as I do have it but I would need to make an adapter plate because of different bolt pattern of the mounting face

saw this and thought of your car, just an idea for the front of it
10155423_652225784844728_353038860_n.jpg

did a little panel alignment today. the focus will be on finalizing the body work at this point when that is done i will get back to the drive train

Attachments

• DSCF3469.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 507
  • DSCF3470.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 515
  • DSCF3471.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 513
  • DSCF3472.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 508
Hey Rick,

Are you planning on sub-frame connectors? After all, the A and C pillars are probably about as strong as wet noodles! LOL Also, have you given any further thought to smoothing out the roof, by shaving off the "ridges" along either side?

Mike in FL

PS, Please PM me your number, I'd like to chat when you have time. Thnx

Hey Rick,

Are you planning on sub-frame connectors? After all, the A and C pillars are probably about as strong as wet noodles! LOL Also, have you given any further thought to smoothing out the roof, by shaving off the "ridges" along either side?

Mike in FL

PS, Please PM me your number, I'd like to chat when you have time. Thnx

Yes drip rails are coming off. Subframe connectors and a pillars will be reinforced aswell a k frame

I'm thinking about shaving the drip rails on the '64 Dart I'm working on...

By "ridges", I really meant the long "bumps" running fore/aft on the roof just above the drip rails. In other words, smooth out the roof.

Mike in FL

I'm thinking about shaving the drip rails on the '64 Dart I'm working on...

By "ridges", I really meant the long "bumps" running fore/aft on the roof just above the drip rails. In other words, smooth out the roof.

Mike in FL

i keep going back and forth on that. if i did that i would tilt the rear glass to follow the angle of the decklid. which would change the sail panel and quarter glass opening

Rick, do you have any pics of the front before it was disassembled? Does the radiator go all the way to the bottom of your crossover? When I saw your latest pics with the hood mods I got a flash of a front end image with a futuristic jet intake like,bumper and ground effects.
Just a thought.
Andrew

Rick, do you have any pics of the front before it was disassembled? Does the radiator go all the way to the bottom of your crossover? When I saw your latest pics with the hood mods I got a flash of a front end image with a futuristic jet intake like,bumper and ground effects.
Just a thought.
Andrew

this is before

Attachments

• lancer 5.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 455
Just a minute with an editor, I think the grill could be improved to go with your hood mods and there is room for improvement in the lower valance, Ill try to figure out how to use the paint program. Your hood mods give it a much more retro rocket attitude.

Attachments

• altered lancer 5.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 446
You are doing a great job! Your fabrication skills are a lot better than mine! I bet you get at least 30 MPG. What do you plan to do for a fuel pump?

Allen

Does anyone know if a Viper T56 can be mated up to the Turbo 2.4 SRT engine? It might be overkill, but I already have one. My plan was for a 360 in my 64 Valiant, but I really like the SRT swap. Thanks.

-
Back