"the wayback "

-
Just when you got primer on it, now the cutting will recommence! Can't wait to see it.

Mike in FL

Ooooooh, now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about! And, I'm just talkin'. You're making it HAPPEN! Every mod on this is SWEET. My folks got a Lancer about this vintage as a wedding gift, so I grew up with those cool Exner lines as a kid. Hacking a good chunk out of it takes cojones, so big props! Thanks for PM'ing me about this, I haven't been around FABO in way too long. Probably out of shame for lack of progress on my own build, LOL. Thanks for the inspiration!
Can't wait to see her done! :burnout::happy1:

Ooooooh, now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about! And, I'm just talkin'. You're making it HAPPEN! Every mod on this is SWEET. My folks got a Lancer about this vintage as a wedding gift, so I grew up with those cool Exner lines as a kid. Hacking a good chunk out of it takes cojones, so big props! Thanks for PM'ing me about this, I haven't been around FABO in way too long. Probably out of shame for lack of progress on my own build, LOL. Thanks for the inspiration!
Can't wait to see her done! :burnout::happy1:

hey your welcome. stick around cuz it's happening. hope i can get you motivated. it'd be cool to see your valiant with one of these

if you use the MA5 trans. use the 2.4 flywheel, a chevy drive shaft yoke, and an s10 4 cylinder clutch disc from 94-04. jeep liberty throw out bearing

use a jeep liberty oil pump and filter adapter. filter will then face forward.
the best water pump is the srt4.

that green looks good on that valiant

I'm loving this project, great to see progress. One more vote for having you post as many pics as possible with respect to the transmission aspect of things. I'm planning an srt swap into my 71 duster next year and am currently in the planning/parts compiling department. :happy1

I'm loving this project, great to see progress. One more vote for having you post as many pics as possible with respect to the transmission aspect of things. I'm planning an srt swap into my 71 duster next year and am currently in the planning/parts compiling department. :happy1

thanks i hope to get some progress in on this over the holidays.

Sweet build, awesome custom work! Have you thought about maybe a mild chop on the roof? If you chopped the windsheild on the same angle, it would pull the roof forward and lean the back window like you want, and shorten the side windows a bit. I'm only thinking an inch or two max, nothing extreme, but may really make a difference and be a cool way to lay the back window.

Sweet build, awesome custom work! Have you thought about maybe a mild chop on the roof? If you chopped the windsheild on the same angle, it would pull the roof forward and lean the back window like you want, and shorten the side windows a bit. I'm only thinking an inch or two max, nothing extreme, but may really make a difference and be a cool way to lay the back window.

already been thought of...:)

I figured as much, but cutting the roof off is a huge commitment...kind of like cutting a car in half! Lol!

i was going to construct a spoiler for the back end originally. but this arrived the other day and thought the contour was offly close. either way i new i could make it fit. so like my hood modification, i seperated the outer skin fom the shell and started trimming away. here we are with tack welded in place. now i need to smooth the center portion of the deck lid and finish up the modification. Oh and yes this is still a mopar/chrysler part....

Attachments

• DSCF3677.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 500
  • DSCF3688.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 517
  • DSCF3687.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 474
  • DSCF3685.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 476
  • DSCF3686.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 459
  • DSCF3683.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 477
  • DSCF3680.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 477
  • DSCF3678.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 462
  • DSCF3676.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 489
I'm going to have to run out to the garage and check to see if the rear hatch is still on my wife's Crossfire. That one is even the same colour.

-
Back