The wife is torturing me, lol

-

Bad Sport

HALF A BUBBLE OFF
Staff member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
She has been making tomato sauce this afternoon and the smell is killin' me. Fresh out of the garden maters, green peppers and sweet onions.

I know what Ima having for dinner, sketti.

That sounds great, makes me hungry. But...the correct spelling is basketti!

Dam right. I planted a garden for the first time in years and got a ton of tomatoes but the are very acidic, need to figure out how to cure that for next year.

Dam right. I planted a garden for the first time in years and got a ton of tomatoes but the are very acidic, need to figure out how to cure that for next year.

I plant Betterboys, they are very meaty and sweet. My plants this year would be 5 feet tall if they were able to stand up, we have 8 of them and are loaded up with maters.

Having some for dinner and the rest is canned.

Unfortunately our tomato season ended in Phoenix in June. I still have plants that I am nursing that may put on some more fruit when or if it cools down in September.

Hope there is a clove or four of five of garlic in your "basketti" sauce lol.

Unfortunately our tomato season ended in Phoenix in June. I still have plants that I am nursing that may put on some more fruit when or if it cools down in September.

Hope there is a clove or four of five of garlic in your "basketti" sauce lol.

Gots to have garlic for sure, we add it when we open it, if we add it and can it, it sometimes turns the maters rancid unless it pressure canned.

We eat lots o garlic, lol.

I plant Betterboys, they are very meaty and sweet. My plants this year would be 5 feet tall if they were able to stand up, we have 8 of them and are loaded up with maters.

Having some for dinner and the rest is canned.

Got to start canning too. I'll try some of those next year. Going to put some Garlic and as many speckled butter beans in the ground as a can next year. Just put in some collards and turnips.

Forgot about chickens. I've been wanting to throw some of them out in the yard too.

A little bit of sugar added will knock the acidity down. Search online for solution, and you'll see. I like watching cooking shows, and they mentioned using sugar to knock acidity down. I tried it and it does work without becoming sweet. A little goes a long way.

My grandmother was straight off the boat from Italy. I remember when she would baby sit me after kindergarden and we would sit in her kitchen making tomato sauce and hanging up homemade noodles. I miss that stuff

A little bit of sugar added will knock the acidity down. Search online for solution, and you'll see. I like watching cooking shows, and they mentioned using sugar to knock acidity down. I tried it and it does work without becoming sweet. A little goes a long way.

Now we're talking. Thanks man I will look that up.

BTW in case someone didn't know and I cant verify but I grew up around a bunch of old salts (fisherman, crabbers, shrimpers, ect) and believe me the mosquitoes are terrible in the marshlands. They always ate a bunch of garlic because it keeps the mosquitoes off of them, so they say.

She has been making tomato sauce this afternoon and the smell is killin' me. Fresh out of the garden maters, green peppers and sweet onions.

I know what Ima having for dinner, sketti.

My grandmother was straight off the boat from Italy. I remember when she would baby sit me after kindergarden and we would sit in her kitchen making tomato sauce and hanging up homemade noodles. I miss that stuff

You guys are/were lucky to have that family "atmosphere" to be in.

So where are the pics of the finished product? It didn't happen without pics!

Mine too and me too, Sicily.

No garden for us, the gophers would no doubt tear it up. I planted 17 trees in the spring, thanks to the gophers I will be replanting 8 of them next spring

-
Back