There should be a special type of hell for these owners..

-

grassy

Reaction score
Sorry, on a rant. I cannot believe people actually do this.

We foster and adopt abused dogs. This is just inhuman.

Upstate woman posts photo of SUV carrying caged dog on trailer

Posted: Aug 15, 2013 12:23 AM AST Updated: Aug 15, 2013 8:22 AM AST By Dana Wachter - bio | email

http://www.wistv.com/story/23141632/upstate-animal-control-officer-posts-photo-of-suv-carrying-a-dog-on-a-trailer?clienttype=generic&mobilecgbypass&utm_source=buffer&utm_campaign=Buffer&utm_content=buffer2f5bd&utm_medium=facebook

Nicole Hubbard at work in Oconee County say she spotted the dog in southeast South Carolina. (Aug. 14, 2013/FOX Carolina)

SENECA, SC (FOX Carolina) -A picture of a dog being pulled in a crate, on a trailer, behind an SUV, on the interstate has caught a lot of attention on social media.

The woman who posted the photo is an animal control officer from the Upstate, who spotted the car on her way back from vacation this past weekend.

Nicole Hubbard said she's seen her share of animal cruelty as an officer in Oconee County for the last two years. She said when she saw the pup in the crate behind the SUV, she got concerned.

"I was shocked. The luggage rack that the dog was on, had no luggage on it. So my thought process was, ‘well why couldn't you trade the luggage that's inside the vehicle, for the dog that's inside of the vehicle,'" said Hubbard.

She had been driving home from vacation in Florida on Saturday. She said she pulled behind the car when she got into Georgia and followed it on Interstate 95, for more than an hour and a half, all the way into South Carolina.

She said she called Highway Patrol and they waited at a Jasper County exit to pull over the SUV.

Hubbard said she kept driving. She didn't know what came of the stop, but she said if they had been in her jurisdiction, of Oconee County, she would have written them a citation for animal neglect.

Highway Patrol spokespeople said that no citations were given because the responding trooper and another officer from Ridgeland Police said the dog got out of its cage, and was running around, drinking water and was healthy. They saw no reason to punish its owners.

"I'm sure there are plenty of animal rights groups that would not agree with that, it's certainly probably not the safest place for your pet to be, but there is no law for that. If somebody chooses to do that, they are allowed to do that," said Cpl. Bill Rhyne, with South Carolina's Highway Patrol.

so the poor dog is forced to sit there and endure all those exhaust fumes for untold hours at a time. the worst part is the dog probably doesn't know its owner is an asshole and love him anyways

Dang!! I can not understand why anyone could subject a animal to that kind of treatment :wack:
Holding my real thoughts back on this, I could be band for life if I shared want I am wanting to say to this driver and to the Highway Patrol for not demanding or sighting this #$%^&%^&*... :banghead:

Funny an animal control officer that puts dogs in a metal crate/cage for a living on the back of a work truck daily is worried about a dog in a crate outside a vehicle.

SMH.....

I guess that's so the dog won't bother the kids locked in the car while the parents shop in Walmart for a few hours?

Here are our latest dogs we have adopted...

FAFFY%20%26%20LULU%202%20P2C-XL.jpg

Beagles are special dogs. In Canada, it is estimated that over 3000 of them are tossed away each year ...

We adopted Faffy just after our first rescue dog, Eli died. Eli was 9 years old when the owners drove a couple hundred miles then kicked him out of the car. We now have had Faffy since '09. She was beaten to the point that if you raise your arm quickly even know, lets say to grab a glass off a shelf, she will cower. If you touch her...even if she is sitting beside you, she jumps.

We got called to foster Lulu on Dec 27th, 09. She was fully grown at 13 pounds. Not your normal Beagle size. She had been beaten by 3 previous owners and one tried to freeze her. We were the 4th owners in under a year. It was almost 3 months before she raised her tail when she walked. After 2 years, she still wasn't affectionate and showed really no emotion when we or the kids came home. It was thought that the damage just ran too deep. No matter. About 6 months later we noticed a change. Now she is happy when we come home..she likes to interact and she is just learning how to play. And she has become quite sociable.

They are family and I cannot understand why you would do something like that to a defenseless animal..

So you have enough money to buy a big *** SUV,but not enough money to buy a block off screen and blanket for your loving pet,but enough money for a trailer to put the dog in and it will be the first thing flattened in a accident from the rear.If you don,t see a problem here,go get more pills or buy better meds,mrmopartech

At least he didn't get ate for breakfast by a future President of The United States.

That is terrible. He or she should be put in a similar condition. Or just tie a rope around them and drag them across the salt flats naked.

I think the newest addition to our at clan, Vincent may have been beaten.

He's very afraid of the broom, and also would cower any time a hand was raised.

He's getting better about the hand, since we've been petting him, but is still afraid of the broom.

Vince has turned out to be quite the sweetheart, though.
He sits with me every day, is quite relentless about being petted and returns the love with a very loud purr.

it's an amazing transformation from a cat that used to live under an old car, and ran when approached.

Give Vincent a hug for me. I hope he's gettin along ok.

Maybe the dog was catch of the day for the local asian restaurant... :)

Yeah I know

If you're more worried about your car's interior than you are your dog, you shouldn't have a dog. Cover the seats with a blanket to keep the hair off if it bugs you.

yesterday I read a story on CNN about a guy in Washington who blew his golden retriever's head off by wrapping explosives around it's neck and setting them off.

This one's pretty minor now.

That's ridiculous, don't take the dog on vacation or even better don't own a pet and ffs please don't tell me these people have kids.

yesterday I read a story on CNN about a guy in Washington who blew his golden retriever's head off by wrapping explosives around it's neck and setting them off.

This one's pretty minor now.

Anybody who does this or the o.p.'s bullshit should have his legs broken and them tied behind his car and made to run up the railroad tracks for awhile.
Then you cut out their tongue and break their fingers so they can't tell on you.......
Maybe that'll stop some of these cruel s.o.b.'s :shock:

I've seen people crate their bigger dogs in the back of pickup trucks - I'm on the fence with that. Personally I would not do that with my dogs, but I'd feel safer crating a dog in the back of a pickup truck than on a cooler carrier hanging out of my hitch receiver.

The news person that wrote the article overdramatized it a bit - the dog is NOT in a trailer being PULLED behind the SUV. Regardless, I still wouldn't do it but then I wish the media would let us know about other things that really go on in this world.

I am a sucker for beagles as well. I am on my second one and well, I think you either love them or don't. I am on my second one and love her dearly, even though she has an attitude at times.

I have tried to adopt them from a local pound and they won't e even talk to me because I don't have a fenced in yard. I have had beagles and know that they have to be watched or on a leash or they may wander. So, I have to just stay away from there. My now wife and I stopped at the pound before we got married and we both had tears in our eyes after we left because there were so many nice dogs there that needed homes but probably never got adopted.

My current, beagle, Hemi, does not wander - I can be in the garage and she will always come and check on me! I am blessed from that regards.

We see people all the time down here with dogs loose in the bed of trucks. I think that's worse than what the OP posted.

No way. If the dog got thrown from the vehicle in an accident, it would fare better than in a cage at the bumper.

Would you ride a motorcycle that had a cage around it that was fastened to the bike?

they won't e even talk to me because I don't have a fenced in yard

We don't either. We have long runs for them via rope and we walk them daily.

I have seen Beagles dig under fences and climb the metal types that are so common..quite a site actually.

"I think you either love them or don't."

You couldn't of said it better. We are surrounded by golden labs and golden doodles ..not for us.

Our first beagles loved motocross. He would be sitting in front of the trailer and many bikers would stop to scratch him either before or after they raced..

IMGP5650-L.jpg

Very sociable...

Ian.

-
Back