Thermoquad carb what is it

-

johnnycuda

JohnnyCuda's 68
Reaction score
Hey all have a thermo quad carb I got with a car I bought not sure what it is help me out?
I found a 9810 stamped on top im sure it's not that valuable

here are the pics

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 208
  • image1nb;.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 208
This is an electric choke replacement over the counter carb with a EGR provision and Chevy throttle linkage. It has the small primary at 1.38. We generally call them 800 cfm carbs but they are closer to mid 700 cfm's.

Click the link below for the "Vaanth" write up. It is largely accurate. It should be most helpful.
http://www.mopar1.us/thermoquadguide.html

This is an electric choke replacement over the counter carb with a EGR provision and Chevy throttle linkage. It has the small primary at 1.38. We generally call them 800 cfm carbs but they are closer to mid 700 cfm's.

Click the link below for the "Vaanth" write up. It is largely accurate. It should be most helpful.
http://www.mopar1.us/thermoquadguide.html

This is great info from Vaanth. Thanks.

I have some simple interchange questions. Can I use a 72 TQ from a 400 BB on a 71 340 or a 70 318? I don't know the interchange options.

The 9810 is a GM and Ford linkage Superquad. They were the aftermarket versions Carter made through the 1980s. They were performance bred with about the best metering rods and jets and also electric chokes. Getting hard to come by these days. They were all the 800 CFM size. There were four numbers. 9800, 9801, 9810 and 9811.

Generally speaking, yes.
As long as the primaries open on the manifold.

Clarification: as long as the 1-1/2" primary throttle plates clear the cutouts on your manifold for the original 1-3/8 primaries that came stock on a smallblock.

Clarification: as long as the 1-1/2" primary throttle plates clear the cutouts on your manifold for the original 1-3/8 primaries that came stock on a smallblock.

Okay, I see now. I've got a 360 intake manifold that I can use. I'll check the primary size.

-
Back