these heads actually made in australia?

-
Procomps maybe? Custom machined, with valves and springs installed in Australia maybe. Heds look a lot like the procomps i have.

I'm shocked. Anyone had them on a flow bench?

Yep. People getting good results from them.
I'd pass... terrible company with a bad reputation everywhere. Garbage parts... toss them in the trash. No savings after you redo the valve job and install new guides, valves, springs, etc.

Just a week ago...I dropped off two sets of aluminum heads at the machine shop a few hundred miles from Vegas....it was noted how much better the speedmaster casting was compared to the Edelbrock......both heads were bare...both were new...Wont get them back until this fall...both are being ported with Ferrea valves and PAC springs...I would say more...but not going to speak for someone else....

As with anything else in life...you dont like them...dont buy them....I like Rocky Road Ice Cream...so that is what i buy....

I actually have another set of the speedmaster heads in use...or ready to use...but our race track...the STrip...closes for 3 months in the summer...so i can not get the car back out there and I have flow bench info on them...bought bare...local machine shop did the valve job ....It made one good pass and then the guys borrowing the car decided to work on it...went from 11.60s to 12.20s in one weekend.....and that 75 Duster is not lite...and neither was the driver...lol

The non-cnc ported Speedmasters flow about 250 ootb.

FEFFA7E6-5D44-4D40-82CD-609B1A0A523D.jpeg

I got mine bare off evilbay right about when they hit the market. I took a chance when everybody was shying away from em. Payed $200 each, think i got a good deal. I think they are up to $400-$450 each bare. I shoulda bought a pallet of em back then. I would never buy a set loaded w springs and valves. I was told the guides in em are junk. Expect to change those out.

Last edited:
I will be having mine ported. Not to that point yet. Getting ready to assemble my lower end

I have a set of Iron SBF speedmasters and yeh valve guides were bad from the get go and the exhaust valve seats were smaller than advertised and had to replace them too. Already had the valve train from another set of heads so was a good deal for me.

I got mine bare off evilbay right about when they hit the market. I took a chance when everybody was shying away from em. Payed $200 each, think i got a good deal. I think they are up to $400-$450 each bare. I shoulda bought a pallet of em back then. I would never buy a set loaded w springs and valves. I was told the guides in em are junk. Expect to change those out.

Well..i was told the opposite a little over a week ago about the guides...

I have very similar to these just badged Pro flow purchased them bare and had my machinist go through them ,guides and seats were good ,threads were good, had some port work done to them flowed 262@ 600 64cc open chambers were advertised 65cc but had them ccd .Fitted out with Ferrea 6000 Valves , comps duel valve springs to suit the solid roller chromoly 10 degree retainers and locks. Cam is cc solid 20-742-9 Extreme Enerygy XR-274 R. They work well but would never just bolt these in without going through them. Once bitten twice shy !

"...ABOUT STEVEN
CFL engine parts manufacturing Co., Ltd. was founded by STEVEN in 2011.

We are focus on high quality cylinder heads manufacturing.

We are using the same quality standard as we did for GM and FIAT in former factory.

We are doing as good as made in USA cylinder heads while 1/2 price..."

Same quality as FIAT? I dont think STEVEN is a native English speaker....$200/pc bare sounds reasonable. I remember W2's at $270/pc bare.

"...ABOUT STEVEN
CFL engine parts manufacturing Co., Ltd. was founded by STEVEN in 2011.

We are focus on high quality cylinder heads manufacturing.

We are using the same quality standard as we did for GM and FIAT in former factory.

We are doing as good as made in USA cylinder heads while 1/2 price..."

Same quality as FIAT? I dont think STEVEN is a native English speaker....$200/pc bare sounds reasonable. I remember W2's at $270/pc bare.
They are cast a lot nicer than edelbrock heads. I had a set of each, still have the edelbrocks. The nice ports are the Aeroflow (Steven) head and the uglier port is edelbrock. The only bad thing about the Steven Head is that none of the threads had helicoils but the edelbrock did.

IMAG0186.jpg

IMAG0187.jpg

IMAG0180.jpg

IMAG0184.jpg

IMAG0181.jpg

Last edited:
"STEVEN" sounds very Chinese-ish to me. Everyday "quality standard" for GM or FIAT actually sucks. Not really too smart to compare to them. STEVEN is just throwing out those big names trying to impress somebody! It's not working.

"STEVEN" sounds very Chinese-ish to me. Everyday "quality standard" for GM or FIAT actually sucks. Not really too smart to compare to them. STEVEN is just throwing out those big names trying to impress somebody! It's not working.

Fiat owns Ferrari , Alfa and Maserati.
Not exactly POS’s ...

-
Back