They will be CRUSHING all mopars in their inventory

-
They are making it to where you will have to pay and have insurance to get your salvage license, also there is new regulations the EPA wants concrete drainage retainers built around the perimeter where cars are sitting.

Of course.

It would make WAY too much sense for the law to simply require the yard to drain all fluids and remove the batteries from vehicles as they come in.

Anything to rid America of old cars.
I think that is the plan and they are going to make it hard for any business that recycles them. The bad thing is that Oklahoma is very very likely to follow the Texas lead.
Their mind set has become crush them and force you to buy new ones so you can be in debt when the new car is junk.

Not only that,but this will put people out of jobs,and where in the hell are they going to put cars that have been totaled or just cannot be usable anymore?Alot of these yards are recyclers and do the enviroment more good than harm by keeping less trash in the landfill.Body Shops,and independent small auto repair shops will suffer from this also if they have to buy new parts.And lets not forget insurance companies ,they will also have to pay for new parts instead of good quality recycled used parts.I think these salvage yard operators in Texas need to get together and hire lawyers,even contact some people in Washington and fight this.And Dr.Mopar shouldnt tuck his tail between his legs so easy and fight this as well.
This is the beginning of the Holocaust For Classic Cars.

Not only that,but this will put people out of jobs,and where in the hell are they going to put cars that have been totaled or just cannot be usable anymore?Alot of these yards are recyclers and do the enviroment more good than harm by keeping less trash in the landfill.Body Shops,and independent small auto repair shops will suffer from this also if they have to buy new parts.And lets not forget insurance companies ,they will also have to pay for new parts instead of good quality recycled used parts.I think these salvage yard operators in Texas need to get together and hire lawyers,even contact some people in Washington and fight this.And Dr.Mopar shouldnt tuck his tail between his legs so easy and fight this as well.
This is the beginning of the Holocaust For Classic Cars.

You said it right there!! This just isn't good. :angry7:

I bet they don't do it, they have too much at stake financially to just simply crush them.
They will probably get extensions etc. because of the nature of their business.
If that wasn't true, the would be selling parts and cars for just over scrap price or other businesses like DVAP or other people willing to grab them up.
I've seen this scare tactic before.
JMO, Take it for what it is.
Tom.

I bet they don't do it, they have too much at stake financially to just simply crush them.
They will probably get extensions etc. because of the nature of their business.
If that wasn't true, the would be selling parts and cars for just over scrap price or other businesses like DVAP or other people willing to grab them up.
I've seen this scare tactic before.
JMO, Take it for what it is.
Tom.

I bet they do. Its not a high dollar operation.

Yup. As much as I think Stephens is a total ripoff (they are nearby) I would rather see those cars sit in the Stephans yard than get crushed.

-
Back