Things that need to be repopped!

-

Professor Fate

Push the button, Max...
Reaction score
Thought I'd start a thread about items that need to be repopped- not talking about ball-stud hemi heads or 392 Bendix injection systems; but things that are relatively easy and seem to be a demand for. Kind of a brain tickler for vendors/cottage manufacturers to think about.
I'll start it off with a few: (apologies to whomever I stole the pics from)
Interior seat medallions!
'67 Dart GT:
th?id=OIP.AQVwtFBnPMozhliaDxwAAgHaFj&w=219&h=160&c=8&rs=1&qlt=90&o=6&pid=3.jpg

'68 Dart GT/GTS:
OIP.wWI82vrFCCIqV7CjB2lJbwHaFi?w=260&h=195&c=7&r=0&o=5&pid=1.jpg

'68 Barracuda:
seatb4-jpg.jpg

And MANY others... C'mon, you'd think anyone with a 3D printer would be all over these...
The fiberglass side "hump" for a four speed console.
Door card emblems-
'67 Dart GT:
upload_2021-9-9_15-13-38.png

'68 Dart GTS:
upload_2021-9-9_15-10-13.png

'69 Dart GTS:
upload_2021-9-9_15-11-39.jpeg

And here's a couple suggestions for the big boys:
Hey, Edelbrock! How about some fresh runs of the LD340, small block Six Pack, and STR15? You could even cast them as a double pattern so the Magnum boys can get in on the fun!

And there's gotta be a million more- whaddaya know of that needs to show up in the marketplace again?

I have talked to Edelbrock about doing a run on the 6 pac manifolds, there are enough people that I know of that I'm sure we could come up with enough money to make a sizable run.
They told me that Mopar wont let them make them, Buddy Bar had the last contract and they wont make them unless they get the order from Chrysler. The guy I talked to at Chrysler told me there not going to ever make them again.

I have talked to Edelbrock about doing a run on the 6 pac manifolds, there are enough people that I know of that I'm sure we could come up with enough money to make a sizable run.
They told me that Mopar wont let them make them, Buddy Bar had the last contract and they wont make them unless they get the order from Chrysler. The guy I talked to at Chrysler told me there not going to ever make them again.
Well, if there's a market for cheap AirGap knockoffs, there should be for these, too- I'd settle for clones. Better than nothing!

1967 Barracuda trunk lid aluminum trim: correct top and bottom pieces (they currently offer a "one size fits both" piece which is not right for either), and center panel (not available at all). Mopar made twice as many 67s as 69s, but they repop the enormous 69 tail panel and not the 67s.

Since they are getting set to come out with an electric AWD "muscle" car in 2024 and have caught green fever, that is probably why.

67-69 barracuda door skins, and front fenders. AMD half quarter skins, since the goodmark ones only fit ok, but not great.

They did repop 68 and 69 GTS inner door emblems, I got a set for a 68 off ebay. It was around 2016 and I don't see them on ebay anymore but repops do exist and are around.

'66-'67 Charger quarter panels!

So many cars are dead because rotted off quarters.

The only option right now is Joe Phillips, but he makes them by hand for $2k plus shipping :eek:

But 'Big ol' AMC gets a re-run of the STR-11....way to go Edelbrock.
NOS_STR_11_005.jpg

If it only fits one year make model that isn't a 440/6pack/hemi car, don't even bother listing it

If it only fits one year make model that isn't a 440/6pack/hemi car, don't even bother listing it
List anything you want. The potential manufacturer/vendor can decide if there's a market to justify it. My thread/my rules.

Commando valve covers.

Almost anything from the Hustle Stuff/early DC catalogs, especially "logo"ed items.

69 Valiant grille...so we don't have to settle for those butt ugly sharktooth grille

List anything you want. The potential manufacturer/vendor can decide if there's a market to justify it. My thread/my rules.
I'll go one step further. List anything you want, but there is a fairly decent chance it will be made in china, and the quality will be poor.

67-69 Valiant 2dr post exterior sheet metal

I glanced at the title and thought it said "Things that need to be repooped" and I thought "hot dang, another poop thread", but alas, I am disappointed.

-
Back