think its fair?

-

twayne24365

Reaction score
so out watching the ufc fight at the green turtle last night my sisters boyfriends buddy started running his mouth about how bad his truck was, (lifted 7.3 powerstroke) so i calmly said ill race you for a 100 bucks, he said with what, '65 dodge coronet with a 440, his answer was ill drag that junk right down the road, with that said we shook on it and the race is set! what do yall think

2003 f250 7.3 powerstroke
33" tires with 6" lift
.....other unknown mods

vs

1965 dodge coronet
10.75:1 440
cnc stealth heads
ported victor with 850 holley
.626 lift 260* solid cam
5000 stall
29.5x9 slick
4.56 gears.

i think ill have some extra car money!

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 492
  • photo 1.JPG
    142.5 KB · Views: 511
ive seen some that run good, but it takes alott to get them there. bigger turbo at 40+lb of boost, huge injectors, head work, trans and converter.....but we shall find out

it hooks pretty good, if i put tires on 10lb and dont give it everything out of the hole ittl hook, if he has anything decents and isnt scared to run it in 4 wheel drive, leaves on good boost he may come out of the hole alright but i have no doubt ill reel him in on murder him

A lot of 4 wheel trucks I see at the track have serious wheel hop coming out of the hole. The guys with good setups are impressive.

Fatten up your wallet it's a power choke. If it was a Cummins it may be a fair fight.:happy1:

Just make sure you race for the 1/4 mile not the 1/8

I think you should do just the oppisit. Get a jump on him, when the boost comes on, it wont matter. 1/4 mile........he just might catch you if his is built right.............

I think you should do just the oppisit. Get a jump on him, when the boost comes on, it wont matter. 1/4 mile........he just might catch you if his is built right.............

but the 4x4 will probably have more traction on lauch on the street , so I would want time to catch him if traction becomes a problem.

The street is a lot different then the track

I have a 7.3 powerstroke. He better have a ton of work done to it. A tuner ain't gonna cut it. With the HEUI injection he would at best have 500hp and that is with turbo, injectors, fuel system and custom tunes. Not to mention twice as heavy as you are. You should walk the dog on him.

I have a 7.3 powerstroke. He better have a ton of work done to it. A tuner ain't gonna cut it. With the HEUI injection he would at best have 500hp and that is with turbo, injectors, fuel system and custom tunes. Not to mention twice as heavy as you are. You should walk the dog on him.

GO twain !

GO TWAIN! THERE IS A COUPLE OF DIESELS RUNNING THE ROAD OUT HERE, i CAN`T WAIT TO PUT EM IN THEIR PLACE.

well before i say this i have no problem with diesel trucks, if you gotta pull large trailers and move farm equiptment they are great. but around my home we have what i call "Diesel Dicks" kids 18-20's that have lifted trucks with a tuner that blows smoke an think they are the fastest thing ever, ive already tourched many diesel trucks from dead stops and rolls. im with nasty68, it takes about 600hp to even get in the 12's and that gets reallllllllllly pricey lol,

Well unless he removed the govenor your set. Those things don't go over like 95. Most of them I see are running in the 17 second range. Very rarely will you see a street driven truck that's anywhere even close to a 12.

I saw a diesel truck at the yellow bullet race go 10.80, it was an f250 standard cab body with all 4 slicks, full roll cage, and a twin turbo cummins motor at 112 lb of boost, the coronet is an easy 11 second maybe high 10 second car so i have no doubt ill get a run of the mill 7.3 powerstroke

If you're car is a 10/11 sec car, there's no chance he'll even be close.

They are fun, my 93 Dodge was a mid 14 tow rig, plow truck and daily driver. They are cool, you should certainly win unless it's a very well done Ford, the power stroke usually isn't very quick compared to the others though. Watch out for the duramax guys tho, cousins 2012 with emissions deletes and aggressive tuning went 11.82 looking bone stock.

I'd be careful, you never know what you're about to get into. I've seen a few of diesels running 10's and high 9's around here (not the norm, but there are a few)....Its really fun to watch something that big and heavy hauling the mail.

You're probably fine, just don't get caught in the smoke screen.:D

So when is the race? Get it on video for us!
C

My cousin had a twined 12 valve cummins. He was running around 80 pounds of boost. He was running 12s but also had about 20 grand into it.

If this guy has the money into his truck that should tell you to step Back and rethink

No steppin back for me lol, and when the weather breaks a little and we race ill deff record it

-
Back