Think it's worth the money, 1970 Duster 366?

-

BakoGuy

Reaction score
Do not see that price, the placement of some items under the hood, is not good, and where is the wiper knob?

Seems a *bit* high but no way could you build one for that money.

If it's what you want, get it. Plus it's a stick. That's worth more to me.

My opinion is its WAY over priced, it's a slant six duster that's been modified. They dont even have a clue what the rear gear is among other things...What ever "builder" who threw this together was obviously just going for resale. I mean, bypassing the heater core by looping a peice of heater hose on the intake? That is the kind of shoddy crap you see on beaters, not 28k cars. I bet it's a **** pile in person....worth MAYBE 5K in my opinion, and ONLY if I looked it over real good in person first

Notice also, they installed the alternator completely leaving out the spacers...dumbass alert right there. If they can't even install a simple alternator properly, what else do you think you might find????

Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy over-priced for a slant-six car!!!

WAY OVER PRICED

And if we're to pick it apart, there a small amount of alarming wonderments!
Why would you mount the coil on the inner fender when there is a provision on the intake. Mounting the coil on the same direction as the fender.

Voltage reg on the same fender
Orange box on the other side

Pass this one up.

High end Dusters and Demons are going for that nowdays. Like Yellow Rose said, you cant build one for that!

ask yourself this question? are you making an investment or buying something you like and could not put together for that money? do you care if you recoup the money you spend 3 years from now?

They're still asking close to double what it's worth at 28k. It's a slant 6 car. If it were a real 340 car they'd totally be in the ballpark. But seriously, no heater core? No radio? Used door panels? Pictures are too small and low resolution to tell you it's a nice paint job too, all you can tell is that it's shiny. Maybe it has 50 lbs of bondo, maybe it doesn't. You'd have to see it in person to tell if it really was a high quality paint job.

The dash is the really big question mark for me. It doesn't line up very well, there isn't a radio installed, and /6 cars didn't come with rallye dashes. So, either the dash has been swapped out (and what happened with the VIN?), or the dash frame was modified like I did to mine (which may be why it doesn't have a radio installed, because it would be in the wrong place). It may have been cut for the rallye dash, I don't see a screw in the corner of the bezel next to the glovebox, and that may have something to do with the wiper switch too. Something funky going on with that dash swap.

Doesn't matter how much it cost to build, bottom line is it's a /6 car and the most you could hope to get is half what a real 340 car would get in the same condition.

M
My opinion is its WAY over priced, it's a slant six duster that's been modified. They dont even have a clue what the rear gear is among other things...What ever "builder" who threw this together was obviously just going for resale. I mean, bypassing the heater core by looping a peice of heater hose on the intake? That is the kind of shoddy crap you see on beaters, not 28k cars. I bet it's a **** pile in person....worth MAYBE 5K in my opinion, and ONLY if I looked it over real good in person first
Maybe one of the 2 idiots who disagree will go pay the cash and report back to us how far off base I am? Bahahahaha

Notice also, they installed the alternator completely leaving out the spacers...dumbass alert right there. If they can't even install a simple alternator properly, what else do you think you might find????
Crankshaft journals that dont measure correctly? Guesswork on the KB piston rings? Maybe swapped rockershafts.

ask yourself this question? are you making an investment or buying something you like and could not put together for that money? do you care if you recoup the money you spend 3 years from now?
This car is SPECIFICALLY aimed at the guy who can't build a car, it's a throw together half *** build ment to draw in the sucker who has cash, and no ability...it's a sucker magnet

Based on the dash issues, the half assed hole in the hood, the aged door panels, etc, , I'd wager that there's a LOT of body plastic under that paint, and probably a lot of rust under the body plastic.

They're counting on the paint to sell the car.

but but but...they were smart enough to install a filler tube from a space duster, so you have more usable trunkspace
(either that, or thats what it really is, since were allready accusing them of swapping vins)

It's not a "high end duster or demon" it's a slap together special......
I should have worded my statement a bit different. High end cars are going for that much. Just by looking at a few photos I can't tell fore sure and no one should buy a car like that without seeing it in the flesh first. These collector car lots are often all the same. Most have cars with shiny paint and a hefty price tag. Like putting lipstick on a pig! Most of us here are knowledgeable enough to see the things that are wrong with these cars but many unsuspecting buyers wouldn't know the difference. These collector car lots target those kinds of buyers.

-
Back