Thinkin of buyin this Cummins..................!!!NOT!!!

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
LOL. I bet this is an icy snowy roads tire spinnin ill handlin torque monster SOB I don't care HOW many chillins ya gotz loaded in'da back

57Cummins.jpg

57Cummins4.jpeg

57Cummins3.jpeg

57Cummins2.jpg

57Cummiins5.jpeg

Diesel Brothers delight, guy watching too much Diesel brothers and Vegas Rat Rods. Even comes with a Diesel Brothers official beard, right out of the merchandise store!

Kind of a shame , don’t get me wrong I like the engine combo just not in that .

I'd forgotten, 'til I noticed the wandering wiper, that 57's had the much hated "pulley and cable" wipers The cheaper cars were even vacuum powered!!! You have not lived untill you go through THAT deal in the winter!!

Best driving experience prediction ever, Lolol! I want to see what the floor tunnel looks like after putting probably a Medium Duty Eaton 5 speed in it. Also curious if the driver looks like rat fink with a shifter handle up next to the roof.

Probably be able to pull all those boats you have to the lake and back!! Too bad you had to pass on that one with the Chrysler 45!!

In spring of 1969 I got my first car; a 57 4-dr hardtop Belair.
I dearly loved that car. She was a rustfree shiny black beauty, and she got my Father's stamp of approval.
It came with a 283 slushbox, and so it was IMO a flippin tank. By late summer of 1970, I couldn't take it no more, and sold it.
A couple of months later, having exhausted Winnipeg for something more sporty I had me a 70Swinger340/4-speed/3.55s and forgot all about that tank. That was the beginning of my love for Mopars.
Oh if I had only been a few years older, but at 17, and still in highschool, I had no visions of putting a rat in there. Those kinds of ideas didn't come along until much later.
Of course, in 1970 diesels were for hi-way tractors, and I knew all about those, working at a filling station, to support my car-addiction.

I’d be interested to see what he did to shore up the friend end before stuffing an 1100 lb motor in there.
LOL you mean you don't remember "spring spacers?" (boosters?) These came in several forms. Some twisted in between spring coils. My two 57's I had used rectangular ones that had a concave edge so you could stuff them in "the short way" or the "long way" for more "boost.

-
Back