Thinking about selling whats it worth

-
a bone stock 1975 318 duster is not worth 15 grand. that's just bullshit. if you find that one guy who will pay 26 grand for a 340 swinger , you found a guy with money falling out of his ***. what people are saying and asking for dusters and are actually getting are 2 different things entirely. like my opinion says , it's a nice car but unless someone just has money to blow , plan on 8 to 8.5 k. there are people out there with money to burn and will pay more but plan on holding out for a while
You don't live where i do, and it's not bullshit.
15 grand Canadian is actually about 11 grand U.S. or so.......
From the pictures i'm seeing, it's not bone stock either.

Might piss some people off here but oh well.
Alot of members here have nice cars.
But the difference may be is the finished product.
If you like a dull finish on your car so be it.
I happen to like better than new finish.
And I believe that's the difference in about
3-4 grand. Even if your selling a Dodge omni.

But it's true.

D.

Bigadams, it depends whether you are buying or selling!

No disrespect meant to seller or anyone else. It is simply not sound economics to apply or total what it might cost to get work done, to reach the value of a finished product. It's not the sum of it's parts, nor the sum of it's receipts. It's what the general public will pay. It is a very nice driver quality car. It is not a show car (at least by what I consider them), nor is it a rarity beyond a survivor of it's era. An era of gas shortages and non-performance.
I'm plenty upside down in my cars because I chose to spend on what I wanted, not based on final value. Such is life with these things.

It's not as much about what we think it's worth but what the market thinks it's worth. We buy these cars at bargain prices because we're in the hobby. A E-bay sale to a guy that see's the car and likes it or maybe had one when he was in high school will pay more. Here's a place on my route that sells these kinds of cars. Most are not as nice as this one but they get good money out of them. I would consider this "real world retail". We buy wholesale most of the time.
Used Cars for Sale Greene IA 50636 Coyote Classics
Are you Coyote Classics?

No disrespect meant to seller or anyone else. It is simply not sound economics to apply or total what it might cost to get work done, to reach the value of a finished product. It's not the sum of it's parts, nor the sum of it's receipts. It's what the general public will pay. It is a very nice driver quality car. It is not a show car (at least by what I consider them), nor is it a rarity beyond a survivor of it's era. An era of gas shortages and non-performance.
I'm plenty upside down in my cars because I chose to spend on what I wanted, not based on final value. Such is life with these things.
Kinda like my neighbor. Wifey wanted a 30k kitchen and all the other junk. Ok, just dont think if you sell that all the money you threw at your house is gonna find its way to the settlement table. Its still a $150k neighborhood, even if you overinvested $250k into your house. Bad business.

I think the car brings 12k on ebay. It's just too nice. It's true, folks here on FABO always shoot down prices, however, I was in the market here a while back, even advertised for a Duster look'n for these "great condition" Dusters to buy for around 6k, and guess what???? Nothin or nobody came forward. Not one. NOPE. Nowhere! I did buy my '76 Duster here on FABO, yep, 318 car needing paint, interior, and not mechanically ready to go on the road for 2800 shipped to my door. Guess what? I think I got a fair car at a fair price. And not one of you stepped up with these awesome priced Dusters in awesome condition! Show Ready, for 6k....
:rofl:

-
Back