My wife has a Volvo C70 hard top vert 24mpg hwy
And she drives 2+hours to work every day round trip
We would like a creeper payment and better gas mileage
What we have looked at online is
The new A-body Dodge Dart up to 40mpg depending on model
Min is 30mpg,
what's your thouhts
View attachment image.jpg

One of my friend's has a new Dart and he reallt likes it.Sounds like a good move to me.

My wife has a Volvo C70 hard top vert 24mpg hwy
And she drives 2+hours to work every day round trip
We would like a creeper payment and better gas mileage
What we have looked at online is
The new A-body Dodge Dart up to 40mpg depending on model
Min is 30mpg,
what's your thouhts
View attachment 1714644593

You are beating up a car for no other reason than basic transportation. Sell the Volvo C70.

Go buy a 10 year old Toyota Corolla for $4000 and use that for going back and forth to work. Stylin' and Profilin' in something you can't afford, just so you can rack up the miles on a work drive is stupid.

Isn't that how we all got in trouble a few years ago?

I actually just traded an 01 Volvo C70 for a Dodge Dart. I love the Dart and am glad I did it. I recently took an 8.5 hour round trip to the beach and got 37 mpg factoring in the city driving that I did at the beach. It wasn't interstate driving, just highway driving. Get the 1.4 turbo. I drove one with the larger, naturally aspirated engine and it felt like it had half the power. My Volvo had the 5 cylinder turbo and I don't think the Dart is much off of that when you step on it. Mine is a manual though, I'm not sure how the dry clutch auto feels. I say go for it. I'm completely satisfied with my trade. I've put 4,000 miles on it so far.

I actually just traded an 01 Volvo C70 for a Dodge Dart. I love the Dart and am glad I did it. I recently took an 8.5 hour round trip to the beach and got 37 mpg factoring in the city driving that I did at the beach. It wasn't interstate driving, just highway driving. Get the 1.4 turbo. I drove one with the larger, naturally aspirated engine and it felt like it had half the power. My Volvo had the 5 cylinder turbo and I don't think the Dart is much off of that when you step on it. Mine is a manual though, I'm not sure how the dry clutch auto feels. I say go for it. I'm completely satisfied with my trade. I've put 4,000 miles on it so far.

That's great thanks for the info. We are wanting to test drive one.
How is the room inside compared to the C70

You are beating up a car for no other reason than basic transportation. Sell the Volvo C70.

Go buy a 10 year old Toyota Corolla for $4000 and use that for going back and forth to work. Stylin' and Profilin' in something you can't afford, just so you can rack up the miles on a work drive is stupid.

Listen we are not buying something that we Can't afford like dumb a!? People did a few years ago we are out for something affordable and decent on gas, My wife travels for work and break downs are not on my list of things to deal with, some times she may Travel up to 4-6 hours to meetings and such one way.
I just don't want that,
If I can afford a C70 I can sure as hell can afford a Dart there about 20 grand less in cost :violent1:

you are beating up a car for no other reason than basic transportation. Sell the volvo c70.

Go buy a 10 year old toyota corolla for $4000 and use that for going back and forth to work. Stylin' and profilin' in something you can't afford, just so you can rack up the miles on a work drive is stupid.

+6

That's great thanks for the info. We are wanting to test drive one.
How is the room inside compared to the C70

It has a ton of room compared to the C70. I was really surprised at how practical the car was. Front and rear passenger compartments and the trunk feel bigger that you would expect looking at the car.

Pure gold truth. You can afford more, but why pay thousands more? 40 mpg is out there. Civic is another good choice or used Camery. My 91 325k mileage civic gets 33 mpg in town/40 hwy-bought used. Took Rustyratrod to Ohio in it without a blink.

I just purchased another new Journey 2013 with 3.6 , i had an 09 with the 3.5 .Was talking with one of the Mechanics there about the Dart and he said if you do not get the turbo , the other has very little power .I never drove one but thought i might trade my little 08 kia spectra but unsure now as the kia gives me 47 on the highway.

I test drove one and it had good power, and handled like it was on a rail, My wife and I are about 5'7'' tall, it fit us nice, BUT! The stiffer suspension gave us a bumpy ride compared to the Avenger, I wanted to go with the dart for her but she said it did not have the room and inside space was not to her liking :glasses7: She fell in love with the Avenger, softer ride more room and the big seller on the 2013 Avenger was the space saver equipped Avenger, She can make me a bed in the back to stretch out in on long trips (anything over 3 hours) yes the back seats lay down like a space saver duster.
The sticker price had allot to do with it also, The Dart was 7 grand more for the same equipped Avenger, the dart had rear disc brakes and aluminum wheels, we are getting 33mpg on the hwy but the Dart is rated at 38 to 40 I believe. Dart is nice, but had a choppy stiff ride with less room, compared to the Avenger, But I do wish she would have went with the dart some times, but here in Arkansas we have gravel to tend with getting home, so the Avenger was more practical for us.

I am glad I talked her out of buying the black one :shock: or blue :shock: I had to put my foot down on the color :coffee2: She is glad I did in this hot long summer heat we have here.

Keep us updated and enjoy, I do understand having a no brake down car, parts get crazy high and so does labor.

Attachments

• Avenger 1 005.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 333

Nahhhhh!

Never skimp on three things: Shoes, bed or car. You spend more time in those three things then anything else. If anyone drives that much and can afford the car then do it. Cars are made for driving and not sitting "waiting" to be driven. Cars last longer when use too. The worst thing for a car is to sit. I would rather spend money to be comfortable and not all worn-out by time I got to work or home with a beater. Plus isn't blasphemy to drive a toyoblota? You might save much with a new car, but all those mile in a smelly old beater sucks...
Just saying.

They aren't expensive. You can get one with a fair amount of options for $20k

I bought my wife a '13 Hyundai Elantra last year. She gets 32 MPG around town and 37 to 40 on the hwy. I hate to say it but it's a nice little car a bunch of room and plenty of power. Might want to check it out.

I test drove one and it had good power, and handled like it was on a rail, My wife and I are about 5'7'' tall, it fit us nice, BUT! The stiffer suspension gave us a bumpy ride compared to the Avenger, I wanted to go with the dart for her but she said it did not have the room and inside space was not to her liking :glasses7: She fell in love with the Avenger, softer ride more room and the big seller on the 2013 Avenger was the space saver equipped Avenger, She can make me a bed in the back to stretch out in on long trips (anything over 3 hours) yes the back seats lay down like a space saver duster.
The sticker price had allot to do with it also, The Dart was 7 grand more for the same equipped Avenger, the dart had rear disc brakes and aluminum wheels, we are getting 33mpg on the hwy but the Dart is rated at 38 to 40 I believe. Dart is nice, but had a choppy stiff ride with less room, compared to the Avenger, But I do wish she would have went with the dart some times, but here in Arkansas we have gravel to tend with getting home, so the Avenger was more practical for us.

I am glad I talked her out of buying the black one :shock: or blue :shock: I had to put my foot down on the color :coffee2: She is glad I did in this hot long summer heat we have here.

Keep us updated and enjoy, I do understand having a no brake down car, parts get crazy high and so does labor.

I went and got some info today on the Dart I couldn't drive it cause I was at work but I did sit in one and there is quite a lot of room in them compared to the Volvo and of course with all the new MOPARS comfortable. I have. 2012 ram and its not even like riding in a truck and that's what I love about the new MOPARS compared to the others Complete COMFORT :cheers::thumblef:

Nahhhhh!

Never skimp on three things: Shoes, bed or car. You spend more time in those three things then anything else. If anyone drives that much and can afford the car then do it. Cars are made for driving and not sitting "waiting" to be driven. Cars last longer when use too. The worst thing for a car is to sit. I would rather spend money to be comfortable and not all worn-out by time I got to work or home with a beater. Plus isn't blasphemy to drive a toyoblota? You might save much with a new car, but all those mile in a smelly old beater sucks...
Just saying.

Nice story but I'm 44, all my cars are paid off, my house is paid off, and the wife and I have zero debt.

That trumps driving a cool car that you are making payments on.

It's all about putting priorities in correct order.

Nice story but I'm 44, all my cars are paid off, my house is paid off, and the wife and I have zero debt.

I'm guessing the thought never crossed your mind that he may have a damn good job that pays damn good money allowing him to afford to spend the money on something like this....

And he's the jackass?

Nahhhhh!

You sir, are a jackass at the moment.

I am? Thank you, I have been called less and more in the same sentence. However, money, time and life are what you choose. I work to hard to not have crap. I can afford to enjoy it now. I don't want to be buying new when I am collecting SS (if it exists then).

Thanks for the name calling. Always makes a person feel good they joined a forum about cars and opinions to be so well respected.

Good for you. I thought this forum was about cool cars? No?

Thanks for clearing up my priorities for me...

-
Back