This is what 36hrs overtime got me!

-
i always say pay a little more for a welder and you will thank yourself.

Very True statement! Nothing worse than trying to weld with a machine that gives fits and problems. Especially when they're more than 10% out of calibration of what your settings say.

At work, maintenence will go around every 3-4mo and check/calibrate our machines. I think it may also be a requirement to retain our ISO 9001/ASME Sec9/AWS certifications as well.

Nice buy, by the way, I'm very jealous. But as of now I have access to any kind of machine I want to use at work. Jealous none the less, lol.

Very True statement! Nothing worse than trying to weld with a machine that gives fits and problems. Especially when they're more than 10% out of calibration of what your settings say.

At work, maintenence will go around every 3-4mo and check/calibrate our machines. I think it may also be a requirement to retain our ISO 9001/ASME Sec9/AWS certifications as well.

Nice buy, by the way, I'm very jealous. But as of now I have access to any kind of machine I want to use at work. Jealous none the less, lol.

i have "settled" for the machine i had for a long time. the guys at the shop made me run a couple passes with a machine they had set up and i had to have one. still took me 6 months to talk myself into getting one but now that i am over watching that $1000 leave my wallet im glad i did it.

on a side note! I was looking into extension cords........ holly **** they want an arm and a leg for cords. I went down to my local home creep show and got me 25ft. of 8-3 wire and the correct ends for $65. took me 20 min to install the ends and now i have a bad *** extension cord that cost me about 1/3 of the retail price.

I keep bouncing back and forth between the [FONT=&quot]Millermatic® 180 Auto-Set , or the Lincoln POWER MIG® 180 . Do you really use the auto set, it seems like such a cool feature.

Bobby
[/FONT]

i am not that great of a welder. I do well enough to get the job done. I can lay a bead that looks good and holds well thats good enough for me. its just alot easier with a nice machine. that being said. i did use the **** outta my old machine. built this bed with it. lol

and i built my coffee table with it too.

Are you kidding?? That furniture is gorgeous!!!.....

I keep bouncing back and forth between the [FONT=&quot]Millermatic® 180 Auto-Set , or the Lincoln POWER MIG® 180 . Do you really use the auto set, it seems like such a cool feature.

Bobby
[/FONT]

i never take it off auto set. im still a novice welder. it works awesome man.

thanks man. it took the girlfriend some convincing. i showed her how the hand cuffs hook up nicely to the bed and then she was a believer. ha ha ha

Haha, lol

Well I do have a little 110 at home, paid like $125 for it at Advanced Auto Parts a few years ago. Good enough to make homemade tools and such. Will actually burn into 1/4 and 5/16 really well surprisingly.

thanks man. it took the girlfriend some convincing. i showed her how the hand cuffs hook up nicely to the bed and then she was a believer. ha ha ha

On my way right now to get some stock if that's the case!! I need to make me one of those puppies...PRONTO!!

Nice welder too by the way!! Geof

Way to go! Spent the money and you will never regret it.Go Blue. Best thing for me is my local welding store stocks parts. Not just tips but guns liners coards. If I run into a problem in the middle of a project like my rollers quit feeding I go buy new and go back to work

i am not that great of a welder. I do well enough to get the job done. I can lay a bead that looks good and holds well thats good enough for me. its just alot easier with a nice machine. that being said. i did use the **** outta my old machine. built this bed with it. lol

and i built my coffee table with it too.

man that coffee table is awesome. talk about heavy duty. Also that bed frame can handle some abuse. Nice work!!!

-
Back