This is why if you port your heads, port your intake

-
Since I’m porting again I bought myself a new light. I love my Boruit rechargeable headlamp and have two but I keep one in the race car for adding fuel and checking tire pressure. This one looked even brighter. Should be here early next week

97B6F9B4-6BF9-4953-813A-6E0640A47579.jpeg

John, are you gonna flow the intake, before and after, or just attached to the head?

I already posted the stock intake numbers above on a set of Edelbrock heads I’m porting for myself. Numbers in far right column

Thanks, are the intake #'s the intake alone or with head bolted up to it?

As always and as i
Posted above bolted to the head. Before porting and after listed. I usually flow an internal runner because if I can get good numbers out of then the other runners even flow better.

7D997EC2-785F-4406-B4F2-967962BDEE81.jpeg

Greg’s burrs are absolutely second to none. IMO his burrs put everything else to shame, and I’ve used tons of different burrs over the years.

Its staggering to think of how many burrs get used every year if you add up just the guys here on FABO who do porting on regular basis.

Killer Carbides is the perfect name for his burrs. Not only are they very sexy, they flat work better than every other burr I tried.

And they cut easier and cleaner than everything else too.

I‘ve got a single coming up and I’m actually looking forward to porting it with those burrs. And then testing the port work on the dyno.

I‘m excited.
You done got too old if you think a carbide burr is sexy.

Real nice work, John. I saw your Facebook post.

I googled “killer carbide burs” should work for you too.
I had just done a google search and didn't recall seeing a video. I looked again and all I found was a short shot of a guy on a grinder wheel at the end of a drag boss garage video. Is that the one you are refering to or am I just missing it?

I had just done a google search and didn't recall seeing a video. I looked again and all I found was a short shot of a guy on a grinder wheel at the end of a drag boss garage video. Is that the one you are refering to or am I just missing it?
Yup that's it.

I contacted him through Faceplant on Thursday, got back to me pretty quick same day with his prices (picture does not show his 3/4” olive head shape bur @ $77)

His prices are damn good as compared to others I’ve seen (high helix) in 1/4”x6” size.

Lead time 10-14 business days, order through messaging on FB.

Or contact : [email protected]

I see no phone# listed

26474946-FEF9-48E7-BD8D-112A6A77F654.jpeg

Well thanks to Rat Bastid and turning us onto Killer Carbide burrs I got all 8 roughed in by 8:30. These burrs kick butt and are a major time saver. I did 95% of this work tonight with a 1/2 single cut burr and I used to HATE single cut burrs. I Dont know how to tag him but if he sees this thank you Sir. I will be placing another order for some 3/8 headed burrs soon.
I used a 1/8 carbide endmill in a dremel and it worked great!

I used a 1/8 carbide endmill in a dremel and it worked great!

I’m a firm believer of the “whatever it takes” way of life but if you do this for a living or every month a dremel and anything isn’t the right tool for the job. To do this job right you have to use tools that allow you to properly shape the ports. But yes gasket matching can be done with your tool of choice.

-
Back