THIS JUST IN!! Chrysler Restructuring Plan

-
that actually doesn't sound too bad I hope they can pull it off, Daimler really screwed them and I hope this is the answer.

I'll keep my fingers crossed,and hope it works out. I like the part about the expansion in the heavy truck market again.

John

that actually doesn't sound too bad I hope they can pull it off, Daimler really screwed them and I hope this is the answer.

What it looks like is Fiat and Chrysler want to fire shot across Daimler's bow, too, with the possible reintroduction of a Ram big truck and something to compete with the Sprinter...

I like what I've read so far. Face lift on the Caravan next year, complete redesign on it in 2014. Complete face lift on the Charger in 4Q in 2010, the possibility of a Wrangler diesel at the same time...

Here's hoping they'll stick to the plan, 'cause it sounds promising

Turbo engines and a 6.4 liter HEMI? Heck yeah! I read most of the stuff on the page. Sounds like it should all work out pretty well if all of this actually happens. I'm excited.

I'm liking all the talk about fuel-efficient cars and improved performance... that combo is what we need.

Im impressed by the "all market segments will be covered with the two companies combined" .They are going to be able to build whatever they need.

I am really thinking they are going to do alright, looking forward to see what the new cars look like.

um yha the econ sucks, every ones sales down except for a few.

Yeah, I'm not sure what point you were trying to make there bayyum but res has a point, everyone's sales went down. No offense of course you just confused me, haha.

As I said, I am looking forward to this.

I think the most important thing is that management now at least somewhat cares about the company. Sergio Marchionne said that he was in the same situation as he is now when he began with Fiat and now he's going to follow his same successful plans to bring Chrysler back to profitability.

I think the most important thing is that management now at least somewhat cares about the company. Sergio Marchionne said that he was in the same situation as he is now when he began with Fiat and now he's going to follow his same successful plans to bring Chrysler back to profitability.

thats really what it'll take.Someone with experience who cares. IMO this will be way different then the daimler takeover. Sergio is essentially starting with parts and pieces of a once successful company who until daimler was on the upturn. Once daimler came in they gutted most of the company of the technology they wanted and left. Thats the big point is Sergio knows how to bring a company back.

thats really what it'll take.Someone with experience who cares. IMO this will be way different then the daimler takeover. Sergio is essentially starting with parts and pieces of a once successful company who until daimler was on the upturn. Once daimler came in they gutted most of the company of the technology they wanted and left. Thats the big point is Sergio knows how to bring a company back.

Not just the tech, but also the most profitable division in keeping Freightliner.

Having someone in charge who can look to the future as a car guy and go after the market and markets lost can only be an asset. Unveiling the plan to the public is a good thing. It's something Cerebus and Daimler never did.

* Product spending is to average $4.5 billion per year with $23 billion overall (Capex of $15 billion).

* Chrysler is to break even operationally in 2010; net (including capital) in 2011; and to repay TARP by 2014.

* The Chrysler engineering workforce will be expanded (details follow).

* Jeep Wrangler will continue, and get a diesel in the US and Europe. about damn time

* Hemi and (we believe) Cummins to continue, 6.4 Hemi coming with ~ 450 hp.good

* Both small and large Fiat vans to replace Sprinter.

* Chrysler to handle large displacement and hybrid engines for Fiat worldwide.

* Regular and twin turbo Pentastar V6 engines.sounds cool

* International expansion through Lancia, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep .

* Dual-clutch automatics to arrive, 4-speeds and (probably) Mercedes automatic to leave.

* Journey, Caravan, Avenger: new engine, new interiors, exterior refreshing.they need it

* 2014: all new Grand Caravan.sounds good

* New C-sedan, B-hatch, D-car, 7-passenger crossover — all but crossover based on Fiats.

* Repackaging around lifestyles rather than ... whatever they were using before.about time

* Possibly, new Viper for 2013/2014.cool

* Quality improvements will continue and extend to dealer service.needed badly. if they can straighten out the crappy dealers that will go a long way

* Neither Fiat nor Chrysler can survive with expertise and products only in half the segments. This partnership is essential for both companies.

-
Back