This pay day's dilemma

-

SoulSurvivor

Reaction score
Two weeks ago there was a vendor at Spring Fling who was selling 67-69 Dart Hemi Fiberglass hoods. The craftsmanship was the best I have seen and he had two models. One was made to use the car's hinges but you would have to change the factory hood springs because they are too strong. The other style was the 4 pin lift off type. The dimensions were spot on and all you needed to do was paint them and install the pins and scoop struts. My dilemma is this.
Do I buy the hood or pay my cable, gas, electric and gas bill?
Now mind you I have this type of dilemma every payday. Car or bills.

its not a cheap hobby, that's for sure

it took me about 10 years from the moment I wanted a duster, till the day I actually could afford one
such is life

look at it this way, T V is crap! heat is way over rated so is hot water for the shower! BUT a high quality fiberglass kick-*** hood, that would be something!!!!
besides you are in SOUTH Ca. suck it up man!!!!!

Two weeks ago there was a vendor at Spring Fling who was selling 67-69 Dart Hemi Fiberglass hoods. The craftsmanship was the best I have seen and he had two models. One was made to use the car's hinges but you would have to change the factory hood springs because they are too strong. The other style was the 4 pin lift off type. The dimensions were spot on and all you needed to do was paint them and install the pins and scoop struts. My dilemma is this.

YUP .....just last month I was eating Ramen noodles all month.....but I sure like my 4 speed I bought.

the hood is a one time deal .....once you have it, you shouldn't need to buy it again.

YUP .....just last month I was eating Ramen noodles all month.....but I sure like my 4 speed I bought.

the hood is a one time deal .....once you have it, you shouldn't need to buy it again.

Lol yep same here. $0.33 can go a long way!
Get the hood n live off the grid.

You don't need to eat everyday to survive. Life is short, so unless it's going to cut into your other recreational budget funds. just buy the damn hood. The bills will still be there next month.

Since you asked this question, you already know the answer. You just want a second opinion to make yourself feel good about doing the wrong thing.
Now do the right thing. Otherwise it's stealing. But even worse, you will ultimately be stealing from yourself, if re-connection fees apply.
Patience grasshopper...

buy the hood! Pay the bills.. buy the hood! Pay the bills.. buy the hood! Pay the bills.. buy the hood! Pay the bills.. buy the hood! Pay the bills.. buy the hood... buy the bills - pay the hood... hehehehehehe

You can call the utilities and make arrangements. They often work with you.

I have been running a welder at the house this summer and had to do this with $200-300 monthly power bills.

Pay your bills, that is your obligation. I haven't had any steady employment since I was laid off in March of 2013. I have had over $50k to use. Did I go bat **** crazy and buy up all that I WANTED for my car? No I didn't. Its called responsibility, a huge part of being an adult. When you no longer have a fall back security blanket you learn the right things to do. Not spending money on things you don't need is one of them. Now go ahead and castigate me, just my opinion on life.

Pay your bills, that is your obligation. I haven't had any steady employment since I was laid off in March of 2013. I have had over $50k to use. Did I go bat **** crazy and buy up all that I WANTED for my car? No I didn't. Its called responsibility, a huge part of being an adult. When you no longer have a fall back security blanket you learn the right things to do. Not spending money on things you don't need is one of them. Now go ahead and castigate me, just my opinion on life.

My car project sits on the back burner,until I have occasional extra income. Near the end( paint & bodywork),it still takes time while I pay off my debts & survive.

My car project sits on the back burner,until I have occasional extra income. Near the end( paint & bodywork),it still takes time while I pay off my debts & survive.

Same here. I didn't just eat Ramen for a month, l have lived on it for months, along with beans. Ramen just don't taste as good as they used to, but I'm an old guy. I no longer have a safety line at 57 y/o. I've been down before and i will survive this. Again, jmo.

Personally I think the OP was tongue in check. Hence my response. Then again I could be wrong. Or I could be right.

Some of us grew up doing "the right thing" and as we got older we said "Piss on it" after providing for everyone in their family for most of their lives and bought the damn hood.
"Guards!!!, bread and water for the prisoners from now on"

:D

My wife would buy me the hood, all the sacrifices over the past 30 yrs has paid off.

-
Back