This should be interesting to watch.....

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Here's a pair of NOS front fenders for a second generation Barracuda. Brand new...... still in factory primer..... dent & rust free fenders.
Wow.............. Talk about a Holy Grail :drunken:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...tem=7948263429&category=33644&sspagename=WDVW

Let's see how stupid this get's.....
popcorn.gif

C'mon John,crack open that wallet and buy them!
You know you want to. :tongue: :thumleft:

And the reserve still hasn't been met!

Over $1,500 and the reserve is not met :shock:

...... And to think I paid $1,600 for my whole damn car. Granted, not a single thing was as nice as those fenders, but I at least got a whole car!

EvilScamp said:
C'mon John,crack open that wallet and buy them!
You know you want to. :tongue: :thumleft:

C`mon! It's only money, right? :wink:

My wife would dismember my body and feed the neighborhood cats if I even suggest I want to jump into THAT auction!
Headz.gif

73roadrunner said:
:shock: Don't ask him if their made of fiberglass! :geek:

:D "for the idiot that asked if they were fiberglass" :D

That made me wanna call to seller and ask if those fenders are steel... :D just to hear his reaction... :D yes, i'm a idiot and but i'm proud idiot... :cheers:

I never like a salesman/woman who can tell even that he or she never met a buyer that he is a idiot... :evil:

Okey, went off topic...

Those fenders seems to go extremly expensive...

Käkö said:
Those fenders seems to go extremly expensive...

Yes my friend, extremely expen$ive! I was at the Mopar Atlantic Nats a few years ago and a guy had a pair of NOS `69 fenders ( with the rectangler marker lights cut out) and he wanted $1,600. These will probably go ga-ga stupid, ridiculously expensive since these are un-cut for marker lights, which makes them viable for all three years with minumin work.

I haven't seen a pair of NOS fenders availible for quite a while. These are hard to find. Worth the money? If I was restoring an original Hurst Hemi `68, yes, without a doubt. But for my car? AR will get the check for a pair of `glass ones when I get to the body.

Well, if i'm restoring that kind of car, that price is not too high...
But, afterall over 1500 for two fenders, it is lot's of money...
Anyway, if i had a that kind of money i will bid those, now i don't have a money so only thing i do is :roll: and look how high the price will be...

And this is written by the Dart STW owner who spend a 800 dollars to get a used and rusted tailgate for the wagon...

AdamR said:
If you were restoring a Hemi car youd need fiberglass fender.

Hey, that's right.......... I'm a knob :eek:fftheai:

1.782 dollars, holy cow... :shock: :shock: :shock:

And AdamR; i think you have to sell your fenders... :laughing:
Are those fiberglass? :laughing:

Äh, just joking... :laughing:

Käkö said:
1.782 dollars, holy cow... :shock: :shock: :shock:

And AdamR; i think you have to sell your fenders... :laughing:
Are those fiberglass? :laughing:

Äh, just joking... :laughing:

And the reserve isn't met yet?

Only $3045 with 5 hours left, you can buy a pretty nice second gen barracuda for that and you get a whole car with the fenders lol, people are idiots sometimes..... :D

Well the way I see it is that auction just raised the value of our cars by atleast $3500

AdamR said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7948263429&category=33644

Over 3 grand now.

Oh.....my......Gawd! :shock:

I'd say this ended under questionable circunstances. The winning bidder has a single feedback after winning a pair of auctions totalling about $85.... Remember what Brett said about testing the waters and putting a ridiculous reserve on an auction? Me thinks we just saw it happen.

So if ya gots a few NOS B`cuda fenders laying around, you know approx. where they'll sell. Give or take a few hundred dollars. :scratch:

Just think. The whole damn car didn't cost $3,000 back in `68!

-
Back