Thompson Performance

-

Cudafever

Reaction score
Any body tried these?
When i was having carb problem........i probably would have bought them........... Even though i feel it's more hype than anything......Maybe not........

Watch the video on there site
Thompson Performance, LLC

I believe there have been a few threads on this already, consensus says spend your money elsewhere.

Jake

Of course from those who have not tried it.

I would love to hear from someone that has used it.............with good or bad results..................
It’s like a bad sexual encounter, you keep it to yourself.

Jake
I'M that kind of guy!
Want to hear about all the Details:D

@Johnny Mac was supposed to be doing an evaluation for us but he ran into a fitment problem. I don't know what's become of that, as he had the SEMA thing recently and I know he's been busy.

THAT said.

People have been running Holley and Holley style carburetors for 60 plus years with zero hesitation or hiccups. IMO, these things are not for trying to resolve carburetor issues, but rather to enhance something already there. I think they would be a band aid fix for some sort of carburetor issue. Just my personal opinion.

Last edited:
I think there a band aid for those that do not fully understand the carb. If you understand a carb and can tune it to the 9’s, would this help? Possibly I say because of what it does to the pump shot in fanning/spreading it out. The video explanation has a sound reasoning behind it.

Holley carbs were engineered with untold hours of R&D. If it takes a turtle or an air dam to even the flow or cure a flat spot, the intake is the problem. Power Nation did a 280hp N/A ford Lima based dirt track 4 banger with a 4bbl on its inline style intake and the guy had to put the same contraption in it to cure a lean pair of cylinders.

@Johnny Mac was supposed to be doing an evaluation for us but he ran into a fitment problem. I don't know what's become of that, as he had the SEMA thing recently and I know he's been busy.

THAT said.

People have been running Holley and Holley style carburetors for 60 plus years with zero hesitation or hiccups. IMO, these things are not for trying to resolve carburetor issues, but rather to enhance something already there. I think they would be a band aid fix for some sore of carburetor issue. Just my personal opinion.
Hey fellas, I did get them on, racing season is just over. Had to change to Holley branded squirters, but they are on. Will report next year if they help my ET

Any body tried these?
When i was having carb problem........i probably would have bought them........... Even though i feel it's more hype than anything......Maybe not........

Watch the video on there site
Thompson Performance, LLC

How much can they possibly cost?

If you wanna try it.... just get some and see what they do for your combo.

Did you go in the site and price them?
for a strap of brass......WAY TO MUCH.

If it was worth .01-.03 in the 60’...... it’s not worth $80?

Plus, I’d think it would be an easy thing to test at the track.
If it worked, imo.....it’s worth the $80.
If it doesn’t...... you got hosed.

But I know people who’ve spent way more than $80 for zero gains.

You could always try and dicker on the price...... 2 for $50.

Or better yet, manufacturer it yourself.
Let us know how you do it and how that goes for you.

You have a point.... but car is in cold storage until spring.
for sure, have spent money on go fast part for no gain!!!
Will see in the spring. But was hoping someone had tried these things already.

If it was worth .01-.03 in the 60’...... it’s not worth $80?

Plus, I’d think it would be an easy thing to test at the track.
If it worked, imo.....it’s worth the $80.
If it doesn’t...... you got hosed.

But I know people who’ve spent way more than $80 for zero gains.

You could always try and dicker on the price...... 2 for $50.

I've spent way more than80 bucks and went backwards. It's part of the learning process. The more it hurts, the more you learn!! Although some never learn.

I've spent way more than80 bucks and went backwards. It's part of the learning process. The more it hurts, the more you learn!! Although some never learn.
you could spend 20 bucks and buy me a good cheeseburger and go light years backwards!!...

you could spend 20 bucks and buy me a good cheeseburger and go light years backwards!!...

LOL!
Leaving tomorrow in the AM sometime for that side of the hills. We will hook up before I come back. I don't see me getting home before December 4 and it may take longer than that.

^^^^ I thought my last comment would have got me so many agrees that it would have blown a fuse at the for a bodies only headquarters...

^^^^ I thought my last comment would have got me so many agrees that it would have blown a fuse at the for a bodies only headquarters...
i'll start :popcorn:

HERE'S the other thread for those interested. a few of us chipped in for the experiment. like any good cliff hanger, it will have to wait for next season :)

-
Back