Those expecting parts from me...

-

RustyRatRod

I was born on a Monday. Not last Monday.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a few parts for members. Two from the auction and two more from other transactions. I also have some carburetors ready. You know who you are. lol

When it rains, it pours. Our washing machine just went to hell. I know what's wrong with it and I CAN fix it, but the parts cost more than what I can buy another one for. Not only that, but the water heater is also on the way out. Just when I thought we might put a dent in it all. This is going to slow down me getting your parts out......as if I was not slow enough already. Please bear with me if you can. If you are really in a tight for something, let me know. I have everything boxed up and ready. Thanks for understanding. If you are mad, just go ahead and start me a bad guy thread. I will understand.

Rob

Ok, thanks man I'll get started on that you suck post right away.

Oh wait, I'm not waiting for anything.

Nevermind :D

What failed on your washing machine, and what make/model is it Rob?

I have some washing machines in storage, and if it's a part I have I'd pull it out and send it to you.

It's a Fisher Paykel Ecosmart. She never liked it anyway. lol The main board and I think the drain pump. Something caused the main board failure and it was having trouble draining.

Right. Therein lies the problem. It's a pretty high end machine. I have a friend that works at Lowes and we got it cheap because it was dented. It is super computerized. It actually worked very well. Oh well.

Rusty, sorry to hear of your plight. Wife and I are house sitting our kids house (and dog) this week and guess what happened? Maytag washer, wouldn't drain. Of course the door wouldn't unlock, so held our clothes hostage until I could drain it with a wet vac. Found a dime in the drain pump, but still won't work. :-?

YOU ARE RIGHT... way too much computerization... in a clothes washer?? :banghead:

Good luck!

Sorry can't help rob. I've never even seen one of those models before.

All I have is some Maytag, Whirlpool, etc stuff. Hell, come to think of it I don't even know what model I have in the laundry room (never cared enough to look) or know what half of the buttons and dials on my washer do and I've been using it for a few years

Let's talk about the water heater...

Unless the tank is rusted through, most parts fixes (element and thermostat is pretty much it) are cheap.

Yeah,whats wrong with the water heater. I might have some parts you schmuck.

Water pressure at the well tank is good but coming out of the faucets in the house it's dropping. Also, it takes a LONG time for the water to get hot at the faucet now which makes me think the bottom element is bad. We have REAL hard water out here and the tank is 11 years old. Everything I have read suggests it's toast.

I understand about being able to clean it out. My worry is that I will get it apart and find that it is beyond repair and be stuck completely without water. So I am kinda just letting it ride.

I got enough left to put a new one on the Wal Mart card......right along with the new washer I just ordered......but sumbitch, I hate to keep jackin that card up. The payment just gets higher and higher. A card is fixin to slip out before long.

Low pressure out of the faucets wouldnt be the water heater. Have you pulled and cleaned the aerators. Bet you have but gotta ask.Galvanized water pipe house?

What's an aerator? No, this is all PVC. Mobile home.

What's an aerator? No, this is all PVC. Mobile home.

Aerator is the little metal screen that is threaded on the end of each faucet, it doesn't take much to plug up those screens, and when they do, water flow sucks. Just unthread it and soak it in some CLR or something.

Unless your hot water tank is starting to pinhole, you should be just fine with dropping a new element in it. When you pull the old one, you can get a lot of the hard water deposits out of it at the same time. Just a word of advice, turn off the breaker Yourself! Don't send a neanderthal cousin to shut off the breaker for you, because he'll shut off one nowhere near that breaker (when they were all labeled)....ZAP, nothing quite like being nailed by 220V :eek:ops:

Water pressure at the well tank is good but coming out of the faucets in the house it's dropping. Also, it takes a LONG time for the water to get hot at the faucet now which makes me think the bottom element is bad. We have REAL hard water out here and the tank is 11 years old. Everything I have read suggests it's toast.

Bladder tank could be bad Rob, or might need a shot of air.. As far as the aerators, most faucets have them, it screws on right where the water comes out. It could be a bunch of junk got sent up to them and they are clogged. Unscrew one and see if your water flow improves.

I would vote for replacing the elements in the heater, less as said it's pin holed or something no need for a new one. Also, could it be taking longer to heat up because clogged faucets or is it like that on all off your sinks/showers?

Ok. Yes the aerators are fine. I clean them on a regular basis.

Bladder tank could be bad Rob, or might need a shot of air.. As far as the aerators, most faucets have them, it screws on right where the water comes out. It could be a bunch of junk got sent up to them and they are clogged. Unscrew one and see if your water flow improves.

Never seen a bladder tank on a mobile home down here. I,d bet the nipples on the tank are corroded from electrolysis.

-
Back