Thought I might post my 67 Barracuda progress

-
Nice job, like the blue with the stripe. And I like what you did with the seats. Who did 'em and, if you don't mind, what did they cost you?

and there you have it. pretty nice job. just curious though, all that work and no pics? we love car ****. you should post som more from thr work you've done. pretty nice car.

I will post some of the "progress" pics this weekend. I am a rank amateur with car restorations, and if it wasn't for this site and the kind and generous folks willing to take the time to answer my questions, I would have never been able to do what I did. There is definitely a huge satisfaction to having a cool car and knowing your own bloody knuckles did the job.

Nice job, like the blue with the stripe. And I like what you did with the seats. Who did 'em and, if you don't mind, what did they cost you?

Thanks! I went overboard on the bucket seats, but one of my priorities was to get a set of 67 bucket seats with headrests. They were hard to find and I paid $400 for a set that was soaked in rust for a century and smelled like they were barfed on for twice that.

After I spent mucho mucho hours stripping and cleaning up the frames, I ordered the upholstery from Legendary Auto Interiors, which was about $300 for the front buckets and $200 back seat, and another $100ish for the bucket seat foams on ebay.

It really doesn't cost much extra to have Legendary put in a two tone upholstery pattern, and with the white door panels and black interior steel, dash, carpet, etc., I thought the black and white seats would look good (the original seats, both bench, were solid white).

Legendary has some sort of sale about every other month. BTW, I had planned on installing the upholstery myself, but when I saw all the internal lists, I took them to a shop to be installed. I had too much invested to chance screwing up the upholstery installation. Unlike the headliner. I did that myself and it wasn't too bad, and if I totally screwed it up, I was only out a headliner kit, which actually came with the car when I bought it.

Very, very nice... what size are the wheels and tires?

215/45/17 on the front, 245/45/17 rear. I bought the wheels and tires used. After I burn off the rears, I may go with a 255.

-
Back