Thoughts on a mid size pickup?

-
It appears that the pricing on new and used Tacomas has started to loosen up. Used Tacoma prices have been plain stupid ! I have sold several higher mileage ones for so close to new retail that itf made me want to ask the customer " You do realize they still make these ? Right? "

Look into leasing one then buying out the residual at lease end. If the money factor ( interest%) is good it actual makes cents....lol. That way you will be buying your own used car 3 yrs from now and 3 yrs further out from replacing it.
I know this will draw criticism from some but it works.

It appears that the pricing on new and used Tacomas has started to loosen up. Used Tacoma prices have been plain stupid ! I have sold several higher mileage ones for so close to new retail that itf made me want to ask the customer " You do realize they still make these ? Right? "

Look into leasing one then buying out the residual at lease end. If the money factor ( interest%) is good it actual makes cents....lol. That way you will be buying your own used car 3 yrs from now and 3 yrs further out from replacing it.
I know this will draw criticism from some but it works.

I won't be getting a new one!!! LOL

are you paying cash or making payments ? if you plant to finance a 20k truck the payment on a 80-90k mile truck might be the same as the lease payment on a new one. Then you have all the maintenance to consider. at 90k your starting to get into replacing suspension and driveline parts. You know all this though... Im just saying keep an open mind and follow the math. In some situations its the better way to go. Tacomas are one them. And great trucks !

People are finally figuring out that toyotas aint "all that" like folks thought they were in the '00's.

In the 1980's that was closer to true vs American brands.

5.2 ext cab 2wd- 16 MPG avg

Some of you know "some woman" ended my nice Ranger, And State Fu##### Farm finished me off.

View attachment 1715234452

ANY way I'm soon going to be in a position to buy a newer and hopefully low miles truck. I have not decided on budget, I sure as hell don't see spending 20G on something with 150K on it!!!!!

MUST have at least extended cab, maybe even more door

Not terribly in love with the newer Dodge (Dakota) 3.7/ 4.7 engines , maybe you can convince me otherwise

Thinking of Tacoma?

Maybe even a newer Ranger?

Some people like the Nissans I'm not a fan unless some of you can "insist" LOL

This will NOT be the heavy hauler. This will essentially be my "passenger car" I don't carry many passengers anymore LOL

I will either buy a newer/ better 3/4T to replace the "White Whale" or fix it up for heavy hauling /towing and keep it.

A few years back I was in the position of replacing my truck. Found a Toyota Tacoma S Runner a couple hundred miles away. Great little truck for under $10K and under 100K miles

I'm really liking my 2015 Toyota Tacoma SRT V6 4X4 extended cab pick-up. I upgraded the interior from cloth to leather right after I purchased it. Recently, I looked into trading up to a 2018 Toyota Tundra similiar to my current 2015 truck. Toyota dealer will give me back what I paid for the Tacoma, if trading up to a Tundra. What I'm saying is that the residual value for the Tacoma is crazy good. It's a perfect around town hauler, too. Good luck with your search. For what it's worth, I was shopping for a low mileage one owner Ranger (couldn't find one at a decent price) when I bought my Tacoma.

-
Back