thread of shame

-

Bulldozer

free ice cream sandwiches
Reaction score
i didnt get a chance to say this before the last thread was closed.i dont consider myself a whiner and im not trying to stir the pot. this has been an ongoing issue and i just wanted hear, once and for all, how others really feel about this .first off i understand that it all comes down to "buyer beware" but, my opinion is this, (not that anyone cares lol) i feel there really should be a thread of shame on those who do bad business and have ripped people off so that those of us (like myself) who frequently buy from other members can be forewarned of those who have chosen to take peoples money, and/or done jacked up business dealings. of course this would have to be a legitimate "burn" and not just one person woofing ****. anyway just my $0.02.

i didnt get a chance to say this before the last thread was closed.i dont consider myself a whiner and im not trying to stir the pot. this has been an ongoing issue and i just wanted hear, once and for all, how others really feel about this .first off i understand that it all comes down to "buyer beware" but, my opinion is this, (not that anyone cares lol) i feel there really should be a thread of shame on those who do bad business and have ripped people off so that those of us (like myself) who frequently buy from other members can be forewarned of those who have chosen to take peoples money, and/or done jacked up business dealings. of course this would have to be a legitimate "burn" and not just one person woofing ****. anyway just my $0.02.

I agree with you in setting up some kind of "Wall of Shame" as Inkjunkie has proposed, that would be a sticky in the For Sale Section. It could also be locked at the beginning so that only Mods could post to it. And that's where the problem lies. The Boss doesn't want the Mods to be stuck in the middle of disputes between buyers and sellers (like where I get stuck sometimes) cuss then it's a loose loose proposition for the Mods, like gettting called an asshole by one or the other sides. So I guess what I'm saying is you really need to discuss this with Joey as ultimately he's the man that you'll need to convince. Sorry Joey for signing ya up again.[-o<:D

how about where your avatar says living on the edge you just write Ripped off by John Smith

As long as it is not like FACEBOOK.Where you can type anything and the other person involved has no say or recourse what so ever,Kevin.

Good idea to have a "**** List" However, I think it must be controled by the wedmaster based on facts only after reviewing the threads of the issue. Members all have access but, can not change. No case disscription. Just a users name as a bad seed.
My $0.02 ($0.0175 Canadian)

One of the problems I see with a thread is it will turn into a chat thread and the Moderators will have a full time job cleaning it up.

Well I can add a member here to that list in about two weeks as I have been awaiting a response to get a PARTIAL refund of money I sent this guy for parts I NEVER received. I offered him an opportunity to send me half of what I sent him and no response as of this date. Now it has been almost two months. So I CANNOT wait to expose this guy for the CROOK HE IS!!!!!!!

Well I can add a member here to that list in about two weeks as I have been awaiting a response to get a PARTIAL refund of money I sent this guy for parts I NEVER received. I offered him an opportunity to send me half of what I sent him and no response as of this date. Now it has been almost two months. So I CANNOT wait to expose this guy for the CROOK HE IS!!!!!!!
If its been 2 months I think you have every right to expose who he is, How many more has he ripped off in that 2 month period?

If its been 2 months I think you have every right to expose who he is, How many more has he ripped off in that 2 month period?

I have to stick to the "gentleman's agreement" I have with a moderator on here who was trying to iron this out and asked me to give him the two months time frame. But he (seller) is running out of time.

I have to stick to the "gentleman's agreement" I have with a moderator on here who was trying to iron this out and asked me to give him the two months time frame. But he (seller) is running out of time.
That I understand 100% You all ready had a agreement.

For What it's worth, I believe that if someone here has had an ONGOING issue with either a buyer or seller than they should be exposed if there has been no attempt made to correct the issue(s) Especially if the buyer has sent cash to the seller who then keeps the money and runs.

........So r u saying u got some of the parts?.....If so were they as represented?..............kim..........

I agree totally. If he has any intention of setting things straight, he would have done it by now. So, go ahead and expose him for the crook he is.

i'll just post here that if anyone on this site rips me off, i WILL call the cops and not think twice about it. :D

It's not only Fabo members doing the wrong thing that need to be exposed in a thread like this. I had a large US supplier of obsolete Mopar parts ripped me off, charged twice then only supplied some parts, now refuses to answer any emails. I could phone him again but I've done that enough and I would only get more lies.

As good as a thread like this would be it would create as many problems as it solves.

Marty

It's not only Fabo members doing the wrong thing that need to be exposed in a thread like this. I had a large US supplier of obsolete Mopar parts ripped me off, charged twice then only supplied some parts, now refuses to answer any emails. I could phone him again but I've done that enough and I would only get more lies.

As good as a thread like this would be it would create as many problems as it solves.

Marty

All good points, Marty. Perhaps a black list of deadbeats both from FABO and commercial sellers in general is called for to stop other members from being ripped off.

If the site isn't willing to go that far, than maybe a feed back rating system similar to that used on eBay and some other sites that promote and allow inter-action between members is in order.

My suggestion would be to ALWAYS pay with a Postal Money Order. If you don't get your stuff, it now becomes a federal offense and the PO will follow up on it.

If a seller isn't good with that, move on, unless you know the seller and his/her reputation.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but this is how I feel about these rip off jerks:

Attachments

• pissed.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 508
I guess I'll be one that doesn't contribute,everyone I've dealt with has been super to deal with !!:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

I guess I'll be one that doesn't contribute,everyone I've dealt with has been super to deal with !!:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

...and that exactly how it should be. Unfortunately it isn't, though, and perhaps those who aren't on the up and up should be made known, to keep honest folk from getting screwed over by the "not so honest".

I have had nothing but positive experiences buying parts from other members as well. But, I'm sure that not everyone on here is honest and there should be a way to distinguish the crooks from everyone else; so they aren't able to rip people off anymore.

-
Back