Thread Riveter Kit

-

blown71duster

Reaction score
I thought you guys installing the hemi PCM, Relays or anything else bolted to sheet metal would like this tool.
Got a chance to use it ,I am in the process of making a metal glove box to mount the fuse panels to .
Makes for a nice clean looking threaded insert.

Attachments

• IMG_0184.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 290
  • IMG_0185.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_0186.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_0188.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_0189.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 278
Sweet! I have always just impacted a bolt in them but you do run the risk of it spinning in the hole a lot more.

I've used the same thing to mount my Vintge Air heater box and other items. I wasn't thinking about using this to bolt the PCM and Fuse box to the inner kick panel area until now.

Thanks!

Riddler

I have used them for years. I have seen the inserts up to 7/16 but never seen a tool to use with them how big does yours go?

I've got a different tool to use with them. Mine's similar to what he has but works much like a rivet tool.

Riddler

Don't know the correct name for then today. In the 60,s we just called the rivnuts. Learned about them while working on aircraft. Can be handy for lots of spots.
Mike

I've always known them as riv-nuts or nut-serts. I've got a kit with a small size assortment and then a separate BIG tool for the bigger sizes. I've used some 3/8 most lately for a work project.

I bought a box of nuts once that had an aluminum crush sleeve like a rivet. You'd place the nut in the hole and use an alan key and bolt to crush the aluminum which would rivet the nut to the hole. Worked great.

This looks like it would work A LOT FASTER and easier.

Where'd you get it? How much?

Regards,

Joe Dokes

-
Back