Throttle cable

-
Its a torqueflight 999 non lockup

Well, that presents one issue, as no version of the 904 came behind a 360 that I know of. I imagine if there are any differences in the 904 and 272 kickdown linkages, they would be small enough so you could modify the 727 linkage. It's also possible they could be the same. I am just not sure. In other words, don't expect that whatever you find to just bolt on and go.......although it might.

Well, that presents one issue, as no version of the 904 came behind a 360 that I know of. I imagine if there are any differences in the 904 and 272 kickdown linkages, they would be small enough so you could modify the 727 linkage. It's also possible they could be the same. I am just not sure. In other words, don't expect that whatever you find to just bolt on and go.......although it might.
That is the original transmission that came off the 360. They came out together

That is the original transmission that came off the 360. They came out together

They may have, but to my knowledge, that never happened from the factory. Where's the throttle pressure linkage that was there?

They may have, but to my knowledge, that never happened from the factory. Where's the throttle pressure linkage that was there?
Its all original except the intake. Everything on it came off the same car. The throttle bracket the kickdown the throttle pressure it all came off this engine and transmission. It came out of a 1977 dodge charger

Its all original except the intake. Everything on it came off the same car. The throttle bracket the kickdown the throttle pressure it all came off this engine and transmission. It came out of a 1977 dodge charger

Ok. Then why not use all that?

Ok. Then why not use all that?
It wont fit! Haha thats what im saying the link hits the firewall and wont push the throttle pressure lever and the throttle linkage won't clamp onto the bracket and reach the carb at the same time its all screwy lol

It wont fit! Haha thats what im saying the link hits the firewall and wont push the throttle pressure lever and the throttle linkage won't clamp onto the bracket and reach the carb at the same time its all screwy lol

I wouldda had a Lokar cable on it by now then I think. Or Bouchillon.

The throttle linkage has been solved i just ordered a shorter v8 cable. The kickdown is the problem now. Perhaps i should change the title now? Lol

I wouldda had a Lokar cable on it by now then I think. Or Bouchillon.
Yea thats what im trying to avoid. I really don't want to go that route but i may end up having too. I found a generic one today for like 30 bucks

Yea thats what im trying to avoid. I really don't want to go that route but i may end up having too. I found a generic one today for like 30 bucks

Trying to avoid buying quality parts that reduce time in your search for piecing used parts together makes no sense to me. That's an important function. Probably the most important function for an Chrysler automatic transmission. I would want something there pretty substantial. You could spend months finding and swapping around used factory crap and maybe not ever find the right combination.

Trying to avoid buying quality parts that reduce time in your search for piecing us together makes no sense to me. That's an important function. Probably the most important function for an Chrysler automatic transmission. I would want something there pretty substantial. You could spend months finding and swapping around used factory crap and maybe not ever find the right combination.
I just dont like those cables. I think they look cheesy and cheap and Chevyish! Lol and i dont like all the added brackets on the intake its has nothing to do with trying to avoid buying quality parts. I i just dont want the cables

I just dont like those cables. I think they look cheesy and cheap and Chevyish! Lol and i dont like all the added brackets on the intake its has nothing to do with trying to avoid buying quality parts. I i just dont want the cables

The factory stuff is quality. I just think it's going to waste a lot of your time trying to find the correct combination. If you need something to work in a tight space, I would look at the early A body setup. That takes up about the smallest footprint there is regarding the kickdown linkage and should be easily modified to work with what you have. It uses two separate bellcranks instead of the one piece long rod that takes up a lot of real estate. I think that would work for you. Problem is going to be finding it.

The factory stuff is quality. I just think it's going to waste a lot of your time trying to find the correct combination. If you need something to work in a tight space, I would look at the early A body setup. That takes up about the smallest footprint there is regarding the kickdown linkage and should be easily modified to work with what you have. It uses two separate bellcranks instead of the one piece long rod that takes up a lot of real estate. I think that would work for you. Problem is going to be finding it.
Can you use the lokar kickdown without using their throttle cable too? From the looks of their bracket it will be hard to.

Can you use the lokar kickdown without using their throttle cable too? From the looks of their bracket it will be hard to.

I think so. I know one of them you can. Either Bouchillon or the Lokar. I'm with you man. Not against you. I don't like cables either, but I know you want to get that thing running too. Trying to hunt up all the correct factory stuff could take awhile.......and be expensive. You know how some of these fucks are about pricing their piles of gold.

I think so. I know one of them you can. Either Bouchillon or the Lokar. I'm with you man. Not against you. I don't like cables either, but I know you want to get that thing running too. Trying to hunt up all the correct factory stuff could take awhile.......and be expensive. You know how some of these fucks are about pricing their piles of gold.
Lol i know man im not arguing or anything just conversing lol i found a abody set on Ebay for 275 bucks. I will go with the 30 dollar cable before i pay that. I don't wanna but i will. Im having all sorts of issues with the linkages my trans linkage is giving me a fit too. I worked on it all day and finally got it sorta right but its still not right the ratchet feature wont work.

Im seriously considering buying all new brackets and a new cable for my shifter and stop fighting with the rusty 20 year old one.

Lol i know man im not arguing or anything just conversing lol i found a abody set on Ebay for 275 bucks. I will go with the 30 dollar cable before i pay that. I don't wanna but i will. Im having all sorts of issues with the linkages my trans linkage is giving me a fit too. I worked on it all day and finally got it sorta right but its still not right the ratchet feature wont work.

Put a want ad on here for early A body kickdown linkage. What's the worst that can happen? You don't find it? @Cuda Al might have somethin. He's a super good dude too. I think the early setup will work......or you can make it work easy. Thing is gonna be findin it reasonable. Hell if I had it I'd give it to you.

Put a want ad on here for early A body kickdown linkage. What's the worst that can happen? You don't find it? @Cuda Al might have somethin. He's a super good dude too. I think the early setup will work......or you can make it work easy. Thing is gonna be findin it reasonable. Hell if I had it I'd give it to you.
I have one already. Lol where you been haha?

I think im gonna try to modify the one i have I think i can put some heat to it and put a bend where it hits the firewall i can make it work. If not i can't find one on here i will just use the cable route.

All my 4-bbl stuff is gone, no cables, brackets or linkage.

Alan

I bet Roy may have one ill tag him in the want ad

Last edited:
-
Back