Not open for further replies.

Ragtop 1963

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Hello out there - Needed: Throttle control rod which goes from the gas peddle through the firewall to the the carb for a 1963 Valiant /6. I need just the rod and nothing else, thank you.

I think I have one. Just need to check the parts manual, to see if it the same as what you need. I'll get back to you, later.
Auto trans, or stick?

Last edited:
Hello out there - Needed: Throttle control rod which goes from the gas peddle through the firewall to the the carb for a 1963 Valiant /6. I need just the rod and nothing else, thank you.
I have one on a 63 Valiant it had a holley on it if they are any difference,Let me know.....It still on the car

170 or 225 the length is different?

Brian
I had heard that, also, but, Factory part manual does not show a difference between the 170 or 225. Just shows a difference between stick part number 2203 237 and auto part number 2264 552, and auto with governor 2402 355. Though I have never heard of a 63 valiant or dart with a governor. I am thinking the difference between the stick and auto part is the "lever for the kickdown". If that is the case the auto rod can be used for either, but the stick rod can ony be used with the stick.
PS: I do have a complete assy. Pm me, if interested.

I had heard that, also, but, Factory part manual does not show a difference between the 170 or 225. Just shows a difference between stick part number 2203 237 and auto part number 2264 552, and auto with governor 2402 355. Though I have never heard of a 63 valiant or dart with a governor. I am thinking the difference between the stick and auto part is the "lever for the kickdown". If that is the case the auto rod can be used for either, but the stick rod can ony be used with the stick.
PS: I do have a complete assy. Pm me, if interested.
Did you find you a rod If not i still have mine for 20.oo if you want it.

Thanks, can you send me a pic of the shaft?
Here are a couple of pics.

103_0881 (2).JPG

103_0881 (1).JPG

Sorry to take so long getting back to you. I'm a bit tech challanged, and haven't been able to do pics. Don't know how to do pics with my "flip phone", and the battery is toast in my wifes camera.

Awesome, that's the one! Can you please give me a total shipped Priority Mail to 06456, thank you.
Sorry to take so long getting back to you. I'm a bit tech challanged, and haven't been able to do pics. Don't know how to do pics with my "flip phone", and the battery is toast in my wifes camera.
No problem, I believe I've found a throttle shaft from another member, thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back