Throttle Linkage

-

FragginDale

Reaction score
Hey everyone. So I've been searching the forum for awhile now and I'm still not sure what my throttle linkage set up should be. Here is the photos of what I have. It looks like the kickdown will work okay but I don't know how to route the throttle cable with the bracket that I have. Any help would be appreciated! It's one of the last 2 things in my list to do before I drive it.

20171116_193535.jpg

20171116_193542.jpg

20171116_193549.jpg

20171116_193602.jpg

20171116_193606.jpg

There should be an adapter bracket for the carb that will get it to the proper stroke for the throttle. or else you won't be able to get the proper range for it...

Here's the proper setup on a Holley, there is a similar one for the Carter/Edelbrock carb:

DSC04904.JPG

DSC04904 B.jpg

DSC04908 B.jpg

DSC04914 B.jpg

DSC04915 B.jpg

DSC04968 B.jpg

DSC04970 B.jpg

DSC04974 B.jpg

You have a 2bbl bracket, and I believe 2bbl rod.
The bracket is an easy find, the 4bbl rod is a little harder to come by.
But they are out there. You also need the Chrysler/Edelbrock carb adapter as mentioned.

Man that's nice and clean, and I don't mean as in not dirty. (but that too):D
Very nice.

You have a 2bbl bracket, and I believe 2bbl rod.
The bracket is an easy find, the 4bbl rod is a little harder to come by.
But they are out there. You also need the Chrysler/Edelbrock carb adapter as mentioned.

View attachment 1715111685

View attachment 1715111686

YKou can use the 2 bbl rod if you add about 2" to it... Judt get some hex stock and drill and tap it for 7/16" fine thread and some 7/16 threaded rod to make an extension... I have posted the details in 6pk2godemon 2bbl to 4bbl thread...

Is the linkage adapter necessary if your using lokar throttle and kickdown cables?

Is the linkage adapter necessary if your using lokar throttle and kickdown cables?

I believe that it would be necessary as it sets the stroke on the carb end to match the input at the pedal end...

If it's off, you won't be able to reach full throttle, the carb will not open fully....

No, you do not need the adapter if going lokar.
I just installed the Lokar setup on my 5.9 and the instructions show connecting all their stuff to the carb without the use of an adapter. Heres a couple of pics of my finished setup. After adjustments I had the wife mash down the gas pedal while I looked down the carb and it was wide open.

IMG_0675.JPG

IMG_0676.JPG

I have the lokar cables installed on an edelbrock carb. But I haven't had anyone in the car to hit the pedal while I looked in the carb. Ill check it out when I get home.

Well some other parts for this build is on back order so I'm going to get a lokar cable and install that. I just need to find the length and what brackets to use. Thanks for the help everyone!

Well some other parts for this build is on back order so I'm going to get a lokar cable and install that. I just need to find the length and what brackets to use. Thanks for the help everyone!

Don't think you need to worry about the length, cause you're going to cut them to fit anyway. Just remember to take the inner cable out before you cut the cable housing to length (don't ask).
Here's a pic of what I used on my car (see above pics) This will give you the part numbers for the cables and the bracket.
Used these for my smallblock - 904 setup.
If you have a 727 its a different cable KD-2727HT

IMG_0666.JPG

"YKou can use the 2 bbl rod if you add about 2" to it... Judt get some hex stock and drill and tap it for 7/16" fine thread and some 7/16 threaded rod to make an extension... I have posted the details in 6pk2godemon 2bbl to 4bbl thread.."

Yep. I didn't feel like waiting and fooling with the cables. I didn't even use threaded rod. Just cut and flip the kickdown linkage and added 2 inches of pencil rod, welded it up. Added a longer stud to the carb. Done in 10 minutes. Works great. Got full throw, kickdown works good.

Last edited:
-
Back