Throwing in the towel

-
<snip>
.....There doesn't seem to be as much interest in box darts (67-9) these days as there was when I bought this one (2014).

Be careful out there, this world is crazy.

Not as much interest?

Clean /6 cars are selling for nearly double of what they did in 2014

I see people here getting excited over mundane 75 Darts.

Fix the Dart with the insurance settlement (that what its for).

And drive the Dart as a second car, weekends or whatever. The risk of another accident goes down dramatically from a true only-car commuter. That's why collector car insurance is a fraction of commuter car insurance. Because the risk is a fraction also.

Last edited:
Not as much interest?
My current project, a 68 Dart has over 150 dents but nearly rust free.
I think someone gave 2 kids each a hammer and a small section of 2 x 4! I consider it priceless lol.

There doesn't seem to be as much interest in box darts (67-9)
The dart is a GTS by vin number
Has the GTS bucket seats and the original 4 speed hump.

68-69 (67 is an odd ball) darts are still the most popular and bring the most money.. especially with a gts, buckets and 4 speed..

I personally have been very fortunate. With plenty of near misses. I bought and got my B-body going 4 years ago. And of course with most my liquid monies spent. Both my daily driver and truck went down. I had to drive a '69 GTX to work and back for nearly 2 weeks. 30 mi of one way in rush hour traffic. I was ran off the road twice by drivers not signaling let alone just looking on lane changes. And once in traffic I heard heavy breaking and saw in my rear view some moron narrowly missing a stopped car in his lane by jumping over to mine. I hit the gas and passed on the shoulder to give him room enough to stop in time. Would certainly have rear-end me. I NEVER had that many close calls in such a short period of time driving my daily? Now grant it. I'm probably more more on guard with a classic. But COME ON! (And for the record. The old performance Mopar performed flawlessly during my time of need.) At the end of the mission. I pulled into my local pubs parking lot. Not more than 2 sips into my beer. A cop walked asking who owns the green GTX. An Uber driver did a low MPH rear end to the car. We pulled the cars apart. The steel bumped went right thru his plastic Honda grill. And to this day I am unable to even find a smudge on the GTX. I can laugh about it now.

Glad you are ok!
The dart owes you nothing, it would be a shame if you unloaded it and several years pass and you regret the decision. Let it rest. Im sure you will come to your senses in no time. Recreational car. I have never seen so many bad drivers this year. I live in the country, but have been on the highway a lot,and the bad drivers are 3 to every decent driver. I dont travel much above the speed limit, they all pass. The rare one hangs back. Tailgaters piss me off the most, i slow down and i know it frustrates them.

Not as much interest?

Clean /6 cars are selling for nearly double of what they did in 2014

I see people here getting excited over mundane 75 Darts.

Fix the Dart with the insurance settlement (that what its for).

And drive the Dart as a second car, weekends or whatever. The risk of another accident goes down dramatically from a true only-car commuter. That's why collector car insurance is a fraction of commuter car insurance. Because the risk is a fraction also.
I hope you take some of the advice and sit on the decision for a spell? Unless you have little choice? Sometimes life makes the decision. But if you can wait at least till next spring? I would.

I hope you take some of the advice and sit on the decision for a spell? Unless you have little choice? Sometimes life makes the decision. But if you can wait at least till next spring? I would.
Car is already in a barn under a cover, I can't even stand to look at it right now. I can wait indefinitely. I think I got really shaken up but everyday that passes seems to help a lot. The trip to the hospital was probably worse than the actual impact itself. I think the people who called 911 freaked out and overreacted because they said i looked like I wasn't moving. I was in shock and if they had just given me a minute, I would have got out of the car on my own power and been on my feet. They didn't let me move or get on my feet.
But I'm OK and now days later I'm already looking for parts. I already located a 69 dart 4 door that I can cut the *** end off of. I don't know yet how much difference between a 68 and 69.

Car is already in a barn under a cover, I can't even stand to look at it right now. I can wait indefinitely. I think I got really shaken up but everyday that passes seems to help a lot. The trip to the hospital was probably worse than the actual impact itself. I think the people who called 911 freaked out and overreacted because they said i looked like I wasn't moving. I was in shock and if they had just given me a minute, I would have got out of the car on my own power and been on my feet. They didn't let me move or get on my feet.
But I'm OK and now days later I'm already looking for parts. I already located a 69 dart 4 door that I can cut the *** end off of. I don't know yet how much difference between a 68 and 69.

Tail light bucket insides might be different IIRC. Then rear side markers if you have to cut that far back.

Glad You're OK! Being rear-ended is like a sneak attack, and injuries Can show up later on. I know You Ain't a Quitter, Sweetie, you're gonna put Her back together! Stay Strong and God Bless!

Sorry to hear your misfortune with a modern idiot but glad you are OK Rani. Let it sit a while, you will get back to it. It doesn't owe you anything after the amount of time you drove it. You have the Mopar Virus and it never goes away.

Jack

I have owned a quite a few old Mopars ov the decades, I can rememeber maybe one or two I was glad I sold, but I remember many, many, many ones I regret selling!!!!

Damn, that makes me feel better because my car isn't NEAR as bad. I can still fix this car.

Everyday is getting better
I think it would be very wise for you to get checked out really good by a good physician. I was in a bad wreck about 1995 and "thought" I was fine. I was not. I've paid for it through the years. Then in 2015 I was in another. I actually sought medical treatment that time. I wish I had the first time.

-
Back