thunder snow

-

74360duster

JEREMY
Reaction score
last thursday we got hammered with some thunder snow. dropped 10 inches. now tonight here it is again. thunder,lighting, snow. supposed to get 9-12 more inches tonight. global warming my ***. lol
but really this stuff is coming down hard. plus the 35 mph winds. should make my drive to work fun tomorrow. gonna have the jeep hammer down.

2 weeks or so ago here on Long Island, we got a thunder snow storm that dropped 30 inch's of record breaking snow. North of us here in Mass. Vt., well, some of those people got 40 inch's.

yeah i seen that storm on the news. we were lucky and it went by us without dropping snow. just rain. i used to love the white stuff. now i cringe. but on the bright side.we need the moisture. so i will take it. but we do need a hard runnoff rain or two to fill our ponds back up. they are getting rather low at this point.

Its snowing now I just looked out side i thought spring was here lol ..... Oh well thats longer i dont have to mow the yard lol

It's snowing pretty heavy here is KC and they are saying that it won't be completely out of the area until tomorrow morning. The worst part is that it is a real heavy, wet snow that is taking out power lines around the city!!!!

Oh I loath power loss in this crap. Nothing worse. Good luck to you all.
Now power loss any other time is do able. Wind up alarm clock is all I need for work. After that, it flash lights for the kids and a fire place at night. Grillin dinner!

It's doing about the same over here in Topeka. We didn't get much in town (1-2"), but I got about 6-8" last night at home (25 miles southeast). I wouldn't mind the snow, but the wind makes it horrible. Busting snow drifts all the way to work, plus they're calling for 1-3" today and 2" or more overnight. I'm just thankful we don't get stuff like this very often.

We had the Thunder Snow recently. I've lived in New England y whole life and it's the first time I remember.

got some of that here in Wichita-- in fact -- it is snowing again at 4:54 am very light. Lawrence

Attachments

• snow2013 075 (Large).jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 71
  • snow2013 077 (Large).jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 80
Yep, just let the dogs out and it's snowing again here. Got about two more inches overnight and it looks like it might snow most of the morning here!!!

We are getting it pretty good too. Probably about 3" overnight and it is still coming down...a trip to the docs planned with Lori, then to the vets...can you say DONUTS??
Beautiful pics Lawrence!

I feel for you guys, that much heavy snow really sucks! Shoveling snow was how I blew out a disc L4-L5 in my lower back in 1994.
In my area, we've been lucky this Winter - so far.

couple more : Wichita broke a 100 year old monthly record for snow!

Attachments

• snow2013 072 (Large).jpg
    165 KB · Views: 60
  • snow2013 074 (Large).jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 69
we ended up with about 20 inches total between 2 snows in a week. my parents lost power for 3 1/2 days some were without for 5 days. a total of 13,000 people without power. i luckily kept pwr the whole time. so parents came and stayed with me.

-
Back