Tie rod ends 64 cuda

-

Garry

Reaction score
Okay, all four tie rod ends are identical except for two having reverse thread. Why do two of them have high profile boots. The lower ball joint arm and the connecting bar both have the same thickness steel and when the castle nuts are put on the higher profile boots are crushed way too much. What's up doc? :banghead:

Attachments

• tie rod ends 001.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 118
  • tie rod ends 002.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 124
Garry, I called PST with a very similar question. I had two different tie rod ends the one end had just a little different offset and longer boot. One boot had a band around it and it went to the out side I can send pics if you would like
Moe

Mine came as an entire front end rebuild kit from Mancini Racing. I will call them as well. Which ends did you put the ones with the longer profile boot ? I just don't like the way the boot crushes down so far. I better double ck the offset of all four, & the boxes for part #s if I still have them.

what used to be the tall one went to the lower ball joint assembly and the shorter to the center link.

Moe

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 125
  • 004.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 114
  • 002.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 117
Thanks Moe, I did have a buddy of mine come over who has been a mechanic since out of high school (he rebuilt the 273 for me ) & he said the high profile boot goes on the outer. Just didn't recall that boot squashing down that far. (what do you know ..spelling correction says squashing is correct!)

-
Back