Time for a career change!!

-
the old saying: " find a job you love, and you will never work a day in your life"

but the problem with that is you will never want to retire. oh well....

I got the offer letter today. It is a big pay increase but nothing too crazy. They told me I could start tomorrow if I wanted to but I'm sticking around for my two weeks.
They will respect you treating your last job right. Putting the extra cash into a mopar , right?

Final note, be professional with the job you are leaving. Its a small world. Best of luck!!!

Live by this rule, do not ever forget it.
Give the present company 2 weeks, you may need it one day.

Had a co-worker go back to his last job after working where I do for 2 years.
Doing the same job 40K increase in pay over what they paid him before.

Never slam the door when you walk out.

Best of Luck! Trust your decision and know that you've been called in another direction for a reason.

Never slam the door when you walk out.

My dad had a gutter business for decades. He had more than 1 employee leave without giving 2 weeks notice. If this employee tried to use my dad as a reference he wouldn't slander anyone. Just told them that while he may have been a great employee he was very disrespectful in the way he left. Can remember more than one of these folks showing up at our house...all bent out of shape...

"Never slam the door when you walk out" ...sage advice if I've ever heard it! One of my best friends quit a job after years of employment - got a better offer (more $$) from a similar company - he left the 1st place on good terms, 2wks. notice etc... Well, 3wks. into the new job the guy he was hired to replace came begging for his job back - - and they gave it to him! (there was a friends thing involved). Well, small company so my buddy gets "laid off".... the following Monday my buddy had to go back to the first employer and ask for his job back - - damn GOOD thing he didn't slam that door! (yea, I had a little something to do with it - advice from a friend thing)

Today is my last day. The owner of the property I work at is flying down from New York so I am hoping he has some things to say to me. If not then it helps reassure that I am doing the right thing. I'm busting my tail until it's time to gather up all my tools and take them home.

It is sad leaving this property though. I started this job without ever touching Hvac or plumbing or electrical equipment and now there is not a single thing here I can't fix. I had a few residents cry when I told them I was leaving and that let me know I did a good job while I was here.

Gotta wake up at 4:30 tomorrow though which sucks compared to 6:30 but I'll get used to it.

I'll be sure to post pictures of the improvements to the dart once the paychecks start coming in!

pictures!!? oh, now we're hooked! Congrats again - as you are obviously the kind of person who works hard and everyone hates to see leave - you'll do well at the new job.

First day went great. It feels weird going from being covered in dust and sewage to dressing nice and sitting at a desk. It is nice to get home with your back in tact and energy left over to get things done around the house though.

A lot of the guys in the warehouse are really into cars so we sort of became familiar over that. I'm thinking this will be my last job.

Nice - first days' can be rough - sounds like you're going to be happy! :glasses7: :blob:
First day went great. It feels weird going from being covered in dust and sewage to dressing nice and sitting at a desk. It is nice to get home with your back in tact and energy left over to get things done around the house though.

A lot of the guys in the warehouse are really into cars so we sort of became familiar over that. I'm thinking this will be my last job.

-
Back