Time to get started.

-
Put them in a box in the trunk Mike. You can always swap parts on the side of the road if you're stuck. If you dispose of them, then you'll be stuck on the side of the road. Cheap insurance. :-D

Well OldVart, I took your advice :cheers:and stored them in the car,I had an old cosmetic case and will put a 1/2 inch socket and 3/8 ratchet with extension
in there with them.
thanks for the good advice bud.:rock:.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv 072.jpg

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv 071.jpg

Good idea Mike. Did you keep some of your makeup in there also? :snakeman: You'll want to look your best if you have to re-install any of those parts roadside. :poke: :angel9:

You sure know how to make me laugh Sid!! =D>

Thanks for your idea of keeping them with the car.=D>

Mike, you have a talent ... no matter what you're working on, you can always make your readers feel like we're sitting right there next to you. I can almost feel that cool breeze blowin' on my neck now. :-D

Mike, you have a talent ... no matter what you're working on, you can always make your readers feel like we're sitting right there next to you. I can almost feel that cool breeze blowin' on my neck now. :-D

Wow:tongue9: thank you for such a great complement :rock:
I must be getting better at this writing thing leanna.:blob:

What would I do with out Tinyspell thanks onehellofadart Tony.
he sent it to me to help with my spelling :salute:

The new plug wire are on and has a real good fit they even had two wires with 90 degree angles on them for the two wires on the cap that get to close
to the body. This old set of wire are good quality
and I have not finished with the wire holder yet.

In the box they go. Victoria go's hammmmmmmm. even better!
I had to reset the carb a bit and it seems to run stronger when you matt it.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv 006.jpg

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv 004.jpg

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv 003.jpg

Oldvart had a good idea to keep everything from the points system.
And before he ask if I put the plug wires in the box to, I just wanted to save him the time to ask.

Thank again Sid. Yes I did:bootysha:

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv 017.jpg

lookin good memike. i cant wait to get mine on the road. hope you're enjoying her.

I am enjoying her more then words can say.=P~
My new motor mount is here and I think its time to give the motor a cleaning when I do the motor mount.:cheers:

Nothing can be finer then working on Victoria in the mornings.:rock:

If any old slant six folks out there can't find a good set of wires like these let me know, like the box said custom fit, and back when these wire where new they did a great job with good matt.

Mike, Vickie is looking good, and running even better I bet. There's no doubt that she is part of your family. Get her all tuned up and come up the the Monster Mopar Weekend the weekend of Sept 19-21 or Route 66 Fest in Springfield, IL the weekend of Sept 26-28. I am going to be at both shows, and it would be great to see you again.

Mike, Vickie is looking good, and running even better I bet. There's no doubt that she is part of your family. Get her all tuned up and come up the the Monster Mopar Weekend the weekend of Sept 19-21 or Route 66 Fest in Springfield, IL the weekend of Sept 26-28. I am going to be at both shows, and it would be great to see you again.

It sure would be good to see you again to, and bill Stone {Small Block} will
be there too.
But as you know I lost a family member and we are helping them with thing they need. so it is a no go for me and my wife this year.
next year Victoria will be there with a 8 1/4 rear end and news head on top of the 170/ and new offy and holly 390 and body and paint work.:cheers:

I started pulling the 8 1/4 rear today for Victoria.

Just a little at a time or I will never get it dun.

One side down. :cheers:
This hurricane that is on its way will be here tomorrow with some rain.
but if I get up early I might be able to get the other side off and get the boys to help me drag it out and show everyone the posi and gears that are in there.:-\"=D>

These 14" 5 on 4 1/2 bolt pattern will fit the rear when it is in.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv 007.jpg

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv 008.jpg

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv 009.jpg

66 day after 033.jpg

Well I got it out before the rain came.
I had a young man next door Zman help me get it out

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv 018.jpg

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv 012.jpg

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv 010.jpg

I will surprise everyone when I remove the inspection plate.:toothy7::poke:=D>:drinkers:

43 1/2 hole to hole.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv 014.jpg

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv 016.jpg

I sure will Sid!!
Ok Here is what I have been hiding from every one under my old 1/8 mile truck for a good while know.
What do yall see, except a good cleaning and new gear lube and additive :love7:

Raining a little but as yall know I won't melt.8)

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv 019.jpg

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv 023.jpg

3.55 Sure Grip. Beauty!! That'll get Vicky's butt in gear - no pun intended! :)

It has been so long I forgot what gears I had in there.
But I new they where lower then 3.23 gears.
Know to clean it up and get the E brake set up on it so Vicky's butt will
stay put!! when I park her some where and not worry about her rolling away:cheers:

Hate to pee in your cornflakes, but who's going to narrow the rear end for you? If I'm reading the tape right it's just a tad too wide and the spring perches will need to be moved as well. The 7 1/4" rear in Hester measured 52" housing end to housing end and it looks like yours is 57 3/4" to me. You will like the 3.55 gears though. That is what is in Hester and she can get second gear scratch.

Hate to pee in your cornflakes, but who's going to narrow the rear end for you? If I'm reading the tape right it's just a tad too wide and the spring perches will need to be moved as well. The 7 1/4" rear in Hester measured 52" housing end to housing end and it looks like yours is 57 3/4" to me. You will like the 3.55 gears though. That is what is in Hester and she can get second gear scratch.

I just came in with tape in hand.](*,) And you are correct.
I was figuring on moving the spring perches in a 1/2 inch but you are right

It is 2 1/2 inches wider on each side.:|

I need to check and see how much back space I can get on a wheel before
it hits the leaf springs and not rub the the inner wheel well.:-k

@#$%^&*( what was I thinking :cwm10:I know it came out of an A body.
Is a 67 to 69 a wider A body ?

grumpuscreature you have saved me again.:salut::thumbrig:
Thank you for your good eye and thinking this out.:cheers:

I feel like a D.A

You have a truck rear end based on the fact that the spring perches are on top of the housing. Shouldn't be too hard to have the housing cut down, the perches moved, and you can use stock A body axles since they were all the same width. There was a post here that had a good chart of axle widths by year and body type. Right now my rear end is 2 inches wider than stock due to adapters. With 205/75/14 tires my sidewalls are within 1/2" of the wheel well lip. Hester measures 59" from lip to lip, so I would say the max outside tire to outside tire width is around 58 inches. by the time you get brakes and tires on it the one you have is going to be too wide. Maybe someone will be nice and chime in with a stock A body 8 1/4" flange to flange width.

Well!! I think I will just keep the 7 1/4 in for awhile.:clock:
SHOOOOOT it must have came out of a older truck because it was narrow for my 82 dodge. Thanks again :cheers:

Well I thought I would service the rear end and make sure it all looked good inside, there was no steal slivers ,Just good 90 wt gear oil and like grumpascreature said 3.23 limited slip that looks good inside.
Just had to get something dun to her that I needed to check on.
I drive her most every day and had no noise or anything , Know I have peace of mind :cheers:

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv 041.jpg

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv 045.jpg

-
Back