Time to get started.

-
looks good memike. i spent 5 hours under my valiant the other day scrapping mud and greese off the underside. i also cleaned and painted the rear end. maybe i should pull the cover and inspect it.

Mike if that 7 1/4 has a sure grip then keep it, the sure grip models are a lot stronger then the open ones.

Mike if that 7 1/4 has a sure grip then keep it, the sure grip models are a lot stronger then the open ones.

I took pictures of the inside but they was blurred , It is a limited slip.
Not a sure grip.

I must be confused, I thought that limited slip, posi, and sure grip were all the same things? I thought that they were just different names by different manufactures for rear ends that spin both wheels not just one.

I must be confused, I thought that limited slip, posi, and sure grip were all the same things? I thought that they were just different names by different manufactures for rear ends that spin both wheels not just one.

Most manufacturers offered a them as you describe, an OPEN rear end, or one with some type of device that spun both wheels. These options used some type of engage/disengage device that allowed the differential to separate when going around a corner. All of the names you described fall under the "limited slip" category.

True "lockers" available, but as the name implies, they lock the axles together, so when going around a turn the outer tire takes a long sweeping path, and the inner takes a short path, and the inner chips as it tries to turn as many revolutions as the wide path of the outer.

My 7 1/4 limited will spin booth tires for about a foot, then it is a one leggier.
The shur grip has springs and clutches it it like this one.
The one in my valiant just has 4 spider gears with no posi unit like the one in this picture.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv 023.jpg

Well I finely got the hubs off the 67 68 383 cuda 8 3/4 rear end.:shaking:
The brake shoes was stuck "Stuck" on drivers side and smacked my thumb good getting it off. I ended up putting a chisel to the two retainers that hold the pads in.
I have not taken the pig out yet but I get 2 1/2 turns on the shaft to one turn one the wheels. Definite posi. Would this be a 3.23 gear?
She spines nicely.:cheers:

I have been spraying it down with Blaster and WD 40.

This is a good early A body fit for Viki's rear end when the time comes.

FABO rear 015.jpg

FABO rear 017.jpg

FABO rear 016.jpg

Definitely put the 8 3/4 in. if its an a body axle its a straight bolt in and go regardless of the year. Nice work you are doing by the way. What are the plans for the /6 any hot rod parts ?

Definitely put the 8 3/4 in. if its an a body axle its a straight bolt in and go regardless of the year. Nice work you are doing by the way. What are the plans for the /6 any hot rod parts ?

All in do time, Here are some parts i will be using.
66aCuda is my go to guy on the head work and cam selection.
390 cfm holly and offy and know the 83/4 2.47 gear.
Just looking for a good driver and show car with 180 hp.

cook and fish 908.jpg

car show 154.jpg

Thanks waggin, It was a nice 68 degrees outside and I took my time
No more boat riding for me :thumblef: She sure did stiffen up.:-D
Even with two new shocks in the front and:angry7: Yes just one in the back.
I am sure this has happened to some of the folks here before:-k
One of the boxes was taped up and had the wrong shock in the right box.
At lest it goes to the rear and changing it out will be a breeze.
I forgot how nice it is to change a tire on these A body 13' wheels.
Nice and light and easy to do.
Did some cleaning and she is happy to have some new shocks on her.

shocks 001.jpg

shocks 002.jpg

shocks 003.jpg

shocks 004.jpg

work on 66 001.jpg

work on 66 003.jpg

work on 66 005.jpg

I my way back home from 66aCuda's home I seen my voltage meter jumping
while running my lights and tape player.:???:
So I swapped out my voltage regulator and still not charging and humming noise and vibrating when I touched it.
I put the new voltage regulator back on and ordered a new alternator at
Napa and they sent me a double pulley #-o
So I installed it this morning and all is good.:-D
$47 dolors for a three year warranty , Not bad , and no core charge.
I think I will have the old one rebuilt
And a new belt went on at the same time.

gas cap 010.jpg

gas cap 011.jpg

Know she will be protected this winter until a nice 24x30 is built.
Thank you Treva for the early gift :-D
Know when I look outside I see a nest for her.:cheers:

let it rain 019.jpg

let it rain 014.jpg

let it rain 026.jpg

Time for an up date
10.000 miles of joy and pleasure.
She has been a jewl.
And the nest is firmly tied and staked down.
and the tool box is tide in and ready
I can see me spending some cave time doing the
dual master cylinder.
Thats the plan.

let it rain 060.jpg

let it rain 059.jpg

let it rain 150.jpg

Good to see you are injoying working on and driving that nice car memike. That new cover should make it nice to keep the rain/snow off in the winter and the sun off in the summer time.

Good to see you are injoying working on and driving that nice car memike. That new cover should make it nice to keep the rain/snow off in the winter and the sun off in the summer time.

Its one step at a time Burntorange70, I been doing more driving for sure.
A shaded work area with ventilation sure can make a 90 degree day nicer and it keep the twig's and acorns off of here too.
I felt like she needed and deserved a nest,
Now I just need to give here some time to rest :toothy10:

I got the sure grip this summer Keith.
I took the time to install some cool shade's to cruse in.:-D
It feels so good inside the car with the shade's on.
Thank you Keith :-D

do not smoke 076.jpg

do not smoke 079.jpg

do not smoke 083.jpg

do not smoke 081.jpg

do not smoke 078.jpg

do not smoke 068.jpg

do not smoke 072.jpg

do not smoke 074.jpg

I had a cigarette after and I can still taste that nasty taste on my tough:angry7:, Doing good on the quite smoking :cheers:

Well the intake , carb 390 holley and air horn is ready
Thank you Billy and Leanna at PHOENIX SPECIALTY COATINGS.
The metal adapter you fixed me up with and getting a choke on and rebuild
on the Holley is sure appreciated, Leanna "CudaChick1968" your powder coating on the two adapters are perfect.

DOMINOS 030.jpg

DOMINOS 031.jpg

I should have my new 2 1/4 exhaust dun in about a week, then frame connecters. A little at a time, But it will be worth the wait.

I just got back from the muffler shop and to run 2 1/4 down pipe to the new muffler 2 1/4 inlet to a two'' tail pipe will be $185 dolors and he can do it the week after good Friday witch works for me. So April 12th I will be breathing good enough for my little 390 Holley and Offy intake

DOMINOS 012.jpg

-
Back