Time to join the great community!

-

LovetheA's

Reaction score
Hello everyone;

I just wanted to introduce myself after lurking around for at least a year or more. I have gained an incredible amount of knowledge from the site and really enjoyed all of the discussion. Being a long time a body lover I figured it was time to join the best community on the web. I live in Danbury CT and try to get to as many shows as I can when not busy. I'm often at Marcus Dairy and was at Musclepalooza at Lebanon Valley and Carlisle this year. I have two a bodies which I love.
1. 1967 Dart GTS 4 speed, Dark copper on light copper interior
2. 1967 Formula s 383 Convertible 4 speed, Turquoise black stripes with White interior and white top.
Welcome everyone!
Carl

Hello everyone;

I just wanted to introduce myself after lurking around for at least a year or more. I have gained an incredible amount of knowledge from the site and really enjoyed all of the discussion. Being a long time a body lover I figured it was time to join the best community on the web. I live in Danbury CT and try to get to as many shows as I can when not busy. I'm often at Marcus Dairy and was at Musclepalooza at Lebanon Valley and Carlisle this year. I have two a bodies which I love.
1. 1967 Dart GTS 4 speed, Dark copper on light copper interior
2. 1967 Formula s 383 Convertible 4 speed, Turquoise black stripes with White interior and white top.
Welcome everyone!
Carl

How do I add pictures of the cars? I'm not the best at this.
Carl

WOWWWWWWW ... nice intro Carl. How do you choose which one to drive??? LOL It's great to have you here with us. Make yourself at home! :-D

Nice cars, Carl. I have a thing for that generation of Dart (used to have a 67 170 post). I plan to be at Marcus this Sat. with my Cruster. I'll be the guy proud of his "ugly" car, he he! Ok, that didn't narrow it down too much. I'll be the guy there proud of his ugly Plymouth.

Welcome neighbor. How is it I have never seen either of your cars ?

Stunning rides you got there.

I am a barracuda lover but love darts just as much and I agree that 67 GTS is incredible!

Great cars, sure you gotta ton of trophies with them both.

Thanks everyone for all the great comments on the cars. I thought that I'd tell everyone a little more about the specifics on them.
I first got interested in A bodies about 22 yrs. ago when I bought my first a body it was a 69 Swinger 340, 4 speed car, red exterior, black tail stripe and black interior. I loved the car but unfortuneately had to sell it soon after to pay for college. I sold the car for $2500.00. My how prices have changed. Well for about 12 yrs I was working my way up the job ladder and paying off school loans. Eventually the time came and I was financially in a positon to get another dart. This time I figured I'd go for the gusto a big block 4 speed car. That led me to the first one the 67 GTS.
The 1967 GTS 1 of 229 built
The car came out of Oregon and was mostly complete and rust free but was very tired. For the next 3 yrs I saved money gathered all the right parts and finally got it restored. The car has been modified slightly. The shifter is a 68 Hurst unit, the steering wheel is also a 68 simulated wood grain, and the rear 3rd member is a 489 case not a 741. Also the rear end originally came as 3:23 ratio and now is 3:55. The original manifolds were removed and TTi headers added, 625 carter carb and intake replaced with 650 speed demon and edelbrock dual plane along with some internal upgrades to the motor. The motor isn't the original but has a correct date coded block. I have a copy of the original chrysler IBM build card and for whatever it's worth Galen has certified it.
The 1967 Formula s 1 of 11 built
This car I came across by chance. I was told that the car was for sale by the original owner but was skeptical it was legit. I decided it was a chance not to pass up. I took $15,000 cash for a down payment and went to see the car first hand. I spent hours going over it top to bottom
and many thousands of dollars later it was mine. The car has 75,000 original miles, the motor has never been apart and the car has one repaint in the original acrylic enamel in 1991 and still presents very well. The car other than the old school crager rims is as built with the exception of the wrong fan shroud. The car has a 68-69 big block shroud #2785614 which isn't correct for 67 cars. They should have 2785312. That part I'm still looking for. I have all the original paperwork, two build sheets, the certicard and the original dealer invoice. I absolutely love them and they are my pride and joy. Any additional questions feel free to ask. I also have more pictures if you would like. FYI I'll be at Marcus dairy in CT tomorrow night and in Vernon CT on sunday for a show.
Carl

Welcome to the family Carl!!!!! You have yourself two of the sweetest looking Mopars I have seen in quite some time, those cars are gorgeous!!!!

Very nice cars there but I have to say I would LOVE to have that 67 GTS. That car is the very cool.
Welcome to the site. It sounds like you have some knowledge and experience we can all benefit from as well.

-
Back