Time to join

-

Wylde1

"No Value Added" Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone :supz:
I've been a long time lurker and finally decided to join in on the fun. A first class site with first class people.

Anyhow, I'm Graham from Ottawa, Ontario. I've got a 1971 Dodge Demon 340/4-speed. I bought it in July 2000. I'm the 18th owner of this bucket o' bolts and it looks like alot of them have had their way with it. It was built many years ago following the old Direct Connection recipe for an 11 second thrill ride - right down to the 5:38 rear gears.

Unfortunately a few years ago (ok. 5 years), I had some problems with the clutch fork and release bearing and after several failed attempts to fix it, I lost interest in the car and the hobby in general. I just let the car sit (albeit in a heated garage) and couldn't care less.

Well this spring I decided to either fix it or dump it. I ordered all new clutch linkage parts from PG Classic in Canada and reinstalled the original clutch fork. So the car is now driveable except for a crunching sound coming from the rear when going around a corner. Also the shift linkage needs some adjusting. So I get my dad to tow the car to a trans shop and with the wet rainy summer we've been having, I tell the guy there's no hurry, do it whenever you get time. It's been over 2 months now and they still haven't touched it. Oh well... I've waited this long, right?

Mopar to ya :burnout:

Graham.

031.jpg

003.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

Welcome to FABO! That is a very nice Demon you have. I hope your luck changes. Good luck to you on your car. If you need help just ask. Some one here will know the answere. You may find the tranny shop, Like a lot of other shops need a little kick in the butt to get them going. LOL

Good luck and happy motoring!

WOW nice ride!!Crunching??sounds like gears or the clutches inrear.I,d be asking tranny shop to have a look while they have it in the air.Also summer is ending.I,d be wanting to get that badboy to the track.Your interest will followWelcome to the site.If it wasn,t for this site,I would,nt even turn this thing on.=P~

Thanks for the comments.

The car looks good in pics but is a 20 footer. I don't mind. I have no guilt about pounding on it.

The trans shop owner is a Mopar guy and that's why I brought it to him. Doug Miller from the Miller/MacCallum Super Stock car. Doug will also be pulling the rear apart to see what's going on in there. I brought the car to him because I thought it would be "quicker" for him to look at it than for me to find the time.

I was hoping to get it to the track this year but we'll se how it goes. I still need to get some new ET Street tires before a trip to the track. The ones on there are about 10 years old and the sidewalls are showing lots of cracks.

There's alot of work that needs to be done in the future - like a complete rewiring job and some disc brakes on the front would be a nice addition too.

Until then :drinkers::drinkers:

HPIM0437.jpg

HPIM0438.jpg

SSPX0071.jpg

SSPX0070.jpg

Welcome aboard Graham. That's a sharp looking Demon you have there. Does the rear end need Sure-Grip additive? If it's not in there, it will make the clutches bind up and when you make a turn they'll snap/chatter like crazy. Good luck with it.

Yes !! welcome Graham, Nice Demon sir.

Here is to a great Demon and her recovery :drinkers:

I hope you enjoy this great site.

Welcome aboard Graham. That's a sharp looking Demon you have there. Does the rear end need Sure-Grip additive? If it's not in there, it will make the clutches bind up and when you make a turn they'll snap/chatter like crazy. Good luck with it.
Thanks Sid.
For a few years I had borrowed a set of 3.91 gears from a friend. When I put the 5.38's back in, I added the sure grip additive from my local Chrysler dealer. Then the car sat for 5 years. Hopefully Doug can get to the bottom of it soon.

Yes !! welcome Graham, Nice Demon sir.

Here is to a great Demon and her recovery :drinkers:

I hope you enjoy this great site.
Thanks memike. Nice to meet you.

This one's on me, my new friend. :drinkers:

And here's to many more! :drinkers: Cheers. :drinkers:

Glad you finally made it Graham! Fingers are crossed that the car turns a wheel under its own power before summer's end. The clock is ticking! :)

WELCOME to a Canadian from another Canadian. I am from N.B. though. There are Canadians here from every province except PEI and Nflnd I think.
Enjoy the site !!!

That would be nice to finally get some long overdue time behing the wheel. Then we will have to get some side by side burnout pics to post! :burnout::burnout:

Welcome to the site Graham, you`ll find lots of great people and information here to help you with your Mopar A-body! 18 owners.........DAMN!

Thanks Longgone.

This car has been around once or twice. 11 owners were from the Toronto area and made it's way up to Ottawa in 1991. The car traded hands often, somtimes just for a few months. Most had it for 2 or 3 years then let it go although 1 person had it for 7 years. I have had it the longest - 8 years and counting.

Rumour has it that one owner in Ottawa committed suicide in it after his girlfriend dumped him. Started it up in the garage and said goodnight cruel world. The guy I bought it from was a Ford guy and bought it to flip it (2 months). Word on the street was just after I bought it, he went to jail for attemped murder. He was definitely a guy I would not mess with. Not tall but had lots of muscle and looked like he could handle himself. Made me pay in cash for the car. Yes, I wanted this car.

Graham, welcome aboard! We're glad to have you and your Demon here. LMAO @ the 'bucket o'bolts' comment .... VERY nice bucket you have there!!! :-D Best of luck with the tranny/rear end diagnosis.

Thanks Longgone.

This car has been around once or twice. 11 owners were from the Toronto area and made it's way up to Ottawa in 1991. The car traded hands often, somtimes just for a few months. Most had it for 2 or 3 years then let it go although 1 person had it for 7 years. I have had it the longest - 8 years and counting.

Rumour has it that one owner in Ottawa committed suicide in it after his girlfriend dumped him. Started it up in the garage and said goodnight cruel world. The guy I bought it from was a Ford guy and bought it to flip it (2 months). Word on the street was just after I bought it, he went to jail for attemped murder. He was definitely a guy I would not mess with. Not tall but had lots of muscle and looked like he could handle himself. Made me pay in cash for the car. Yes, I wanted this car.

Wow, that is a sorted past! Kind of appropriate for a Demon though :snakeman:, like Christines little sister or something. That car could probably tell some stories. Anyway, welcome to the neighborhood Graham, glad to have you.

Wicked looking Demon, don't see black one's much, welcome aboard

WELCOME to a Canadian from another Canadian. I am from N.B. though. There are Canadians here from every province except PEI and Nflnd I think.
Enjoy the site !!!
Thanks J.G. Are you anywhere close to PG Classic in NB? Nice to know we can now get parts in Canada and avoid those nasty brokerage fees.

Graham, welcome aboard! We're glad to have you and your Demon here. LMAO @ the 'bucket o'bolts' comment .... VERY nice bucket you have there!!! :-D Best of luck with the tranny/rear end diagnosis.

Leanna, nice to meet you. I'm sure I'll be sending some small parts your way over the winter. Looks like you do top notch work. :thumbup:

Wow, that is a sorted past! Kind of appropriate for a Demon though :snakeman:, like Christines little sister or something. That car could probably tell some stories. Anyway, welcome to the neighborhood Graham, glad to have you.

Yes that car does have a strange past. Hopefully soon I'll be excercising that Demon all the way down the 1320 before the snow flies! :burnout:

Welcome Graham,
Nice Demon indeed,1971 was a good year,or maybe it was just a cold one.......I'll have to ask my parents that one........lol

Welcome Graham, glad to have you here from another Canadian, over on the 'Wet' Coast. Awesome looking Demon you have there, love the black on black on black!

DSC01512.jpg

-
Back