Time to start spinning the wrenches

-

BigEdsGarage

Reaction score
Mr. UPS man brought the last of my motor goodies today so it looks like its time to get cracking on the jalopy again. Curious as to how this thing will run with the new cam/head combo. Last year wasted away with it sitting in the garage in pieces, time to make some noise again.

onehellofadart said:
BigEdsGarage said:
Don't worry Tony, I'll have it ready for the E-Town Mopar Nats next month.

Sounded like you were calling me out :tongue:

That would be a good race but you guys dont have tha ball bearings to go heads up :poke:

AdamR said:
onehellofadart said:
BigEdsGarage said:
Don't worry Tony, I'll have it ready for the E-Town Mopar Nats next month.

Sounded like you were calling me out :tongue:

That would be a good race but you guys dont have tha ball bearings to go heads up :poke:

:burnout: :sign1: :burnout: Hey we have to race someone :thumleft:

Tony, did we just get dissed in a public forum? WOW! What's up with that?

Hey Adam, lets make it real interesting. We will both give YOU a 3/10ths handicap at the tree. Loser buys the beer :cheers:

Mike, had a custom ground Comp solid made up
.549 / 247 @ .050 int
.556 / 251 @ .050 exh
nothing crazy but a bit smaller that the Hughes/Engle that was in there
took off the M1 and put on an Air Gap RPM
some other stuff but mostly the old Comp pieces went back in to it

psst Adam, want to borrow my car? Or swap the engine into your's?
They didn't say what you had to drive, or what engine. We could do the swap in a few hours, and with the 3/10 headstart you can wave to them while you're getting your time slip, as they go over the stripe

Adam you need some help tuning the car? :twisted:

Mike, yup Eddy's. Dwayne Porter worked them for me.
You going to the Nats next month?
So you want in huh? I know you moved down to Delaware to avoid running me at the Valley :mrgreen:

Adam says he needs a full thermos or something before he can run? I don't get it.

Here, I thought you saw the latest pics
IMG_0341.JPG

im planning on going next month....adam's not ready yet but he will be soon enough!!!! :thumrigh:

hey,you'll have to come down here and run at US13!!!...its 20 mins from my house and only 15 feet above sea level!!!

WOW....motor looks AWESOME!!!!....what you expecting to run with it??

Only been to US13 to watch em run. Its a haul from here.

Not sure what to expect Mike, this thing launches like a coal barge leaving port. Small motor, fairly heavy car. If it breaks into the 11's with some tuning I would be thrilled. Starting to get bored with it, need something older, another early B body maybe.

BigEdsGarage said:
Tony, did we just get dissed in a public forum? WOW! What's up with that?

Hey Adam, lets make it real interesting. We will both give YOU a 3/10ths handicap at the tree. Loser buys the beer :cheers:

Nah :roll: Adam is just stirring the chit.
Trying to hype the compitition between the 2 sites which I think we should all start doing. :mrgreen:

Ed, I like your proposal to Adam though.
Win or lose I know it will be fun. Big kids at the amusement park :burnout:

Win or lose I know it will be fun. Big kids at the amusement park

I guess we have no choice now huh Tony? These guys already have it all planned. Hey, I have no problem buying beer :mrgreen:

Hope the weather will be as beautiful as it was last year, it was a perfect day.

Mike: 4:56 Detroit Locker, 27" Hoosiers, SS springs, snubber, converter is a 3900-not enough though, need to have one made for the new combo

Mopower71 said:
psst Adam, want to borrow my car? Or swap the engine into your's?
They didn't say what you had to drive, or what engine. We could do the swap in a few hours, and with the 3/10 headstart you can wave to them while you're getting your time slip, as they go over the stripe

Adam you need some help tuning the car? :twisted:

:angry7:

No way 11.70's, not from this slug.
Even with the sails at full mast it wouldn't even come close
Besides, you know I never like to drive her that hard. :roll:

ed,
do you want ME to drive it!!!!! :thumrigh: ...383dart(ron and ron jr) just put in a 400 with a .557cam un ported eddy's and 3:91's and it went 11.71 OFF the trailer!!! and went 11.66@116mph!!!

-
Back