Time to vent....

-

Small Block

Reaction score
.....because i think i've had my fill. I deal with people every day from all walks of life and it doesn't matter to me if they have $40 million bucks or $.40. That's not a factor whether or not you and i get along. I can converse with anyone from any trade or race but when you tell me something it damn sure better be that way. For pete sake. If you tell me you're going to do something or your coming over at a certain time, DO IT. And if you can't, have enough balls to call me and say you aint going to make it for what ever reason. I don't even need to know the reason. Go ahead and blame it on your old lady. Save your money and buy your nuts back from her. Boy, i'll feel better.
Small Block

Yes, those people are very inconsiderate. You could have given up doing something more important (or more enjoyable) just waiting around for a promised appointment.

I had to stop and think :-k Did I tell Bill I was going to drive up.:-k
No I don't believe I did:thumblef:, man I am glad it's not me he is talking about :drinkers::drinkers:

Time is the one thing we can never get back, hence the phrase "Time Well Spent".

Sorry to hear SB. It truly sucks.

I hear ya Small Block. I'm also fed up with 'friends' who don't return phone calls. disgust

Sorry to hear about your missed appointment S.B,but when they need something from ya!Bam they,re at your doorstep yelling hurry up!!Been there also,it,s frustrating to say the least.

Your on to it Petty. I like helping people and it's because i get a good feeling doing so but after awhile you help and help and help and help then......you loan things to em and never get em back when they tell ya they will be back with it. I loaned my Mity Might tiller to one of the guys so he could get a small garden put in. Hell i had to go get it. The starter string had been broke and is too short so i'll have to fix that. The same guy borrowed one of my air tanks. Bring it back tomorrow....NOT. He brought it back two days later. Met this guy on the road while he was bringing back the tank and he said be wanted to work so i told him to show up and we'd build a donkey shed. Be right back.....NOT....Haven't seen him in 3 days and no call. If i said i'm shutting him off i'd probably be lying to myself....but things will get a little tougher. I'm out of pills.....hell i never had any to start with....maybe thats my problem.....send me your spares....not picky.....For all you DEA boys...I'm joking.
Small Block

Years ago the owner of the Michigan based Play it again sports franchise, Steve Kopitz, said this to me......Under promise and over deliver. Words to live by in my book.

Why in the world would someone turn down work???? Hell, I like building stuff. I would've showed up with a printout of three different building plans, an electrical layout, a bag full of tools I might need, a good pair of gloves and a bag lunch. On break with you I'd discuss some ideas about building a nice workbench for the shed and pull out a couple more plans.

I just don't understand some people.

Small Block: You're not alone. Some people just don't care. Keep doin' what your doin'. At least you'll be happier than most of the inconsiderate "jerks" out there.

I know what your talking about.It's everywhere" no respect"
You hit the nail on the head Bigdummy
I'm tired of it too. My problem is that i have to drive 180 miles one way to try and sell my cars, and if someone doesn't phone to cancel, i'm out at least 60 bucks for gas alone.
And if that's not bad enough, they try to lowball you.(that's even if they show up at all)
$700 for a '73 dart sport 340 rolling body that needs quarters and has a good title is not too much in my opinion for example.
To hell with them all smallblock, keep on doing your thing i say! :-D

I've gotten to where I don't make plans at all. If I expect people to show up, they won't. So if I don't expect them to show up they will. :-D I could be jaded from everything I've been through over the last four years, but I figure if I don't have faith in anything but myself, maybe something will happen to restore it.

Along those lines Small Block, there's a 'little' something here with your name on it whenever you guys decide to make the drive down. It didn't work out last summer but maybe it will this year.

Some people are inconsiderate and rude. It is hard not to wanting to help your fellow man, especially when you where raised that way. Fool me once shame on you, Fool me twice shame on me..............Try to think of all the positive thing that you have done for people over the years and this one incident will pale in comparison.....You are a good person and unfortunately for us good people we sometimes get the short end of the stick.........

This thread reminds me of some words to live by, "Lack of Planning on Your Part, Will not Constitute an Emergency Situation on My Part!" Small Block, you sound like a person of character, and it seems that you're a disappearing breed. Nothing irritates me more than someone that you can't take for his or her word!

Brock

-
Back