Tincup's 63 Dart w/5.7 Hemi

-
What shift kit did you use? Also have you seen the line pressure upgrades, they are a true plug and play deal, I'm gonna get them for mine.

I used the Trans Go shift kit. I have those plug in resistors that raise the line pressure, but from what I've heard, it may be too much with the shift kit. I'm going to wait till I drive it to see if I need em...

For anyone using the car Hemi, there is a pilot spacer in the back of the crank that has to be removed. I guess the converter from the NAG tranny has a smaller center pin.

Attachments

• 100_2127.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 943
I was told that the only way to remove it is to cut it out. You just need a small cut off wheel. I have mine half way cut but had to work on the trans mount instead.

Actually my wheel was to small so I figured after working on the trans mount I would have a small enough wheel. Which I do now

I was told that the only way to remove it is to cut it out. You just need a small cut off wheel. I have mine half way cut but had to work on the trans mount instead.

Actually my wheel was to small so I figured after working on the trans mount I would have a small enough wheel. Which I do now

I'm kind of saving that as a last resort...

Hey Tincup,

I was looking at some of the older pics of your build which if I have not said it, is very nice and was wondering a couple of things.

First did the lift cylinders not work on the hood because they had to be moved so far forward to support the hood, did you try to use the lift cylinders that they use for Lambo doors. I would think they would work but have yet to try it. Or is the hinge point on the hood hinges not giving enough support for the cylinders?

Second question I was thinking of changing my trunk lift springs to a hydraulic system is this something you have tried?

I have seen the Camaro set-up were they hooked the cylinder to the bottom of the hinge and it worked of course for something like 500 plus dollars. I was wondering if you have thought of this. No reason to invent the wheel twice, Right?

Tim, what I learned on the hood and trunk gas springs is it all comes down to geometry. I tried to hide the hood springs, but the geometry was all wrong no matter what the force of the springs were. The trunk I got lucky they worked right the first try. Also the force of the springs is critical to making them lift properly. My only suggestion to you would be to buy your springs from somewhere you can returm them if they don't work. I had 7 different sets on the front before getting it right. Good luck.....

:cheers: I finally got the beast into the car.....

Attachments

• 000_0030.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 1,139
  • 000_0029.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 1,104
  • 000_0031.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 1,099
  • 000_0032.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 1,101
  • 000_0028.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 1,113
Thats what I like....all kinds of room.........nice fit

Dang....the transmission looks bigger than the engine!!

I like the colors your using...reminds me of my days back at the magnetic media manufacturing plant.

All the big powerful equipment was painted in greys and grey greens.

Very cool.

Mop

Thanks Guy's, It was a major hurdle to finally get that tranny in. Now I can move on to smaller things....

-
Back